• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel sure is nice to look at it.

BE7094A6D1F3A759A8EAD80F0C1D1C99F793ADD9

I wish Id would stick with tech and shooting. They can do that like almost no other company in the world. But the story, driving and all those blasted minigames were all 50 shades of meh. :( The texture pop-in while turning around was also distracting, despite playing from an SSD.

Having a card with 2gb of vram or more will kind of mitigate the megatexture pop-in but it's always going to be there.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Square Heroes -- MB-36D55AE1AF1499B1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
Slinki -- MB-723C4AA8998AE53A - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Square Heroes was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Slinki was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1431168568z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Having a card with 2gb of vram or more will kind of mitigate the megatexture pop-in but it's always going to be there.

I played Rage at launch and after installing the then-current drivers and forcing the texture transcode setting to use all available CUDA cores I had zero texture issues, but, yeah, the game is rather temperamental, so not everyone is going to be so lucky. Knowing my luck I'd have issues now myself even though my 570 days are well and truly behind me.

Edit: Actually, if memory serves, it was you who gifted me the game, haha.

fantomena

Does Steam have a roll-back option for patches? Apparently GOG Galaxy is getting the option soon. Sounds like just a minor feature, but it can be helluva useful when needed.

Knurek

I have a 2 GB 750 TI, and used CUDA for texture transcoding. There was still some pop-in here and there... At least the game was butter-smooth and looked amazing (unless you somehow kissed a wall). :)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hello, newcomer here. I was wondering how does one get into the GAF steam group?

Blood in, blood out.

Also, link your Steam profile to someone here and they'll invite you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with the random dungeon defender bundle gift in the inventory?

JaseC

I attribute that to the constant hype for what is coming next which is caracteristic to this forum.

Well, yeah, it's not exactly a mystery as to why a particularly striking cyberpunk game became the focus of attention.

Does STeam have a roll-back option for patches? Apparently GOG Galaxy is getting the option soon. Sounds like just a minor feature, but it can be helluva useful when needed.

No. It's reliant upon the developer/publisher leaving the previous build without a password so people can opt into it, but only Nixxes does this with any regularity: https://steamdb.info/app/203160/depots/ and https://steamdb.info/app/239160/depots/.

whats up with the random dungeon defender gift in the inventory?

Top of the previous page (or scroll up if you're using 100ppp, like some sort of weirdo).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Witcher 3 on GMG doesnt have the silly 35% discount anymore, remenants for the CDprojekt Red controversy?

JaseC

Anyone interested in this bundle: https://www.indiegala.com/adventuremega ? It's currently happy hour, so you get two bundles for the price of one. If someone is interested we can split the cost, one paying the other one on PayPal.

I'd be up for splitting the cost if we can do it three ways (requires another interested party, plus a host who already owns the bundle). I only need The Journey Down: Chapter Two.

Sarcasm

Does Steam have a roll-back option for patches? Apparently GOG Galaxy is getting the option soon. Sounds like just a minor feature, but it can be helluva useful when needed.

Believe it or not gog games really do need that for how some of the old games work and mods.

Be nice on steam but not as much as how usefull it will be on gog galaxy.

Lain

Was thinking about buying the bundle from LazyGuys but then I read this
If you are outside the U.S., the price is automatically converted to your local currency – you do not pay more!

VAT (where applicable) is taken from the price you pay, not added to the price – you pay the same price anywhere in the world you are! We love you all equally ;)
at which point I had to buy it just because.

Arthea

Is trade lock glitched or something? I just crafted the badge and can't sell a thing I got from it. It was supposed to lock only just bought items, or so I thought. This sucks so much.
I just imagined what it'll do to summer sale crafting and now I feel even more sick than before.
I caught a cold... in May, I'm dying here, lemme sell my stuff at least, volvo!

Was thinking about buying the bundle from LazyGuys but then I read this

at which point I had to buy it just because.

wait... I'm not sure it works this way, I thought they applied VAT, lemme check my receipts

derExperte

Is trade lock glitched or something? I just crafted the badge and can't sell a thing I got from it. It was supposed to lock only just bought items, or so I thought. This sucks so much.
I just imagined what it'll do to summer sale crafting and now I feel even more sick than before.
I caught a cold... in May, I'm dying here, lemme sell my stuff at least, volvo!

Was one of the cards you used to craft bought during the last 7 days?

Arthea

Was one of the cards you used to craft bought during the last 7 days?

I don't think so... but I'm not 100% sure, I bought and sold a lot of stuff in last few days. Hold on a second! If I craft badge of 10 cards and one is bought recently, they lock results from trading? That's bloody unfair!

edited: I just checked, that's true, lazy guys didn't apply VAT. From now on they are among my favourites.
Funny that I haven't noticed before.

Lain

wait... I'm not sure it works this way, I thought they applied VAT, lemme check my receipts

VAT is applied, but it's taken from the price they offer instead of being applied to it. The Bundle asked for 2.99$ and I paid 2,76€, 2,26 for the bundle and 0,50 VAT. Given 2.99$ convert to 2,66€ +/- and keeping in mind that paypal takes a little fee for conversion, I'd say it fits.

A Red Flag for Greenlight

Valve was laudably quick to deal with homophobia, but Greenlight is still failing devs and consumers alike.

Valve's Steam Greenlight service, designed as a community-driven way to gauge support for an indie game in development and thus clear them for release on the Steam service proper, has been back in the news this week for all the wrong reasons.

I'll say that this article felt like a waste of time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why do you thing blood vials is a dumb decision?

I finished it for the 3rd time last week (only games Ive finished 3 or more times in my life is Crysis and Alan Wake) and the bosses were definetly better and better designed tham previous ones.

MP I agreed with and i think most agreed with, FromSoft did a bad job with it.
Wow that's impressive. Did you get the platinum?

Mr. Doop

Bleh, no one told me Rogue Legacy was designed for a controller/console :/

I don't have my controller with me at the moment, and the keyboard controls are weird and janky. Guess I shelve it for now, though it was only $3 so not terrible.

I played most of the game with a keyboard. The keyboard controls aren't that bad.

def sim

Bleh, no one told me Rogue Legacy was designed for a controller/console :/

I don't have my controller with me at the moment, and the keyboard controls are weird and janky. Guess I shelve it for now, though it was only $3 so not terrible.

Same as the other two, I played the game with keyboard. I found it worked perfectly fine.

Maybe try playing in borderless windowed mode?

I was disappointed by Bloodborne at first but in hindsight I think a lot of that was that I played through most of it in a drunken haze the day I got laid off :p

Definitely wish it was a bit longer(27 hours to beat every boss for me) but the atmosphere and world design are really memorable. Definitely reminded me of the more horrific levels in Demon Souls. My one complaint is that I think the level design was a bit simple in comparison to Dark Souls. There are no labyrinths like Sen's Fortress or massive areas like Blightown that require a lot of attention to get through. Lot more enjoyable now that the load times have been patched as well.

Jawmuncher

Why do you thing blood vials is a dumb decision?

I finished it for the 3rd time last week (only games Ive finished 3 or more times in my life is Crysis and Alan Wake) and the bosses were definetly better and better designed tham previous ones.

MP I agreed with and i think most agreed with, FromSoft did a bad job with it.

They turn into busy work. 20 vials, you get stomped on a boss and go back to 0. Thus all that happens is you go to your farm spot to get some more souls so you can buy some more vials, so that you can go back to the boss.
If anything I think that alone took away my enjoyment, since I couldn't just get back into the fight. You can argue that with runes you can hold more but you still need to get souls to buy more.

They turn into busy work. 20 vials, you get stomped on a boss and go back to 0. Thus all that happens is you go to your farm spot to get some more souls so you can buy some more vials, so that you can go back to the boss.
If anything I think that alone took away my enjoyment, since I couldn't just get back into the fight. You can argue that with runes you can hold more but you still need to get souls to buy more.

I just always buy some into storage when I have souls left instead of putting it all into leveling. They never run out for me. Keeping the coldbloods so you always have some extra souls also helps.

also git gud

Using 20 blood vials on one boss

Enemies drop blood vials like crazy, I very quickly reached the maximum amount allowed to be stored. Worst case scenario you get a lot of free soul items in the game that you can use to buy them at the shop and never have to worry about it again.

Jawmuncher

I just always buy some into storage when I have souls left instead of putting it all into leveling. They never run out for me. Keeping the coldbloods so you always have some extra souls also helps.

also git gud

Using 20 blood vials on one boss

Enemies drop blood vials like crazy, I very quickly reached the maximum amount allowed to be stored. Worst case scenario you get a lot of free soul items in the game that you can use to buy them at the shop and never have to worry about it again.

I used the majority of my souls for leveling. Any left over I would use for Vials or whatever else I needed. Didn't seem like enemies dropped them much after the first few areas. Guess it can amount to get good, but i still see the system inferior to flasks.
Plan B is not sucking at the game.
i beat the game so I think I did good enough.

I used the majority of my souls for leveling. Any left over I would use for Vials or whatever else I needed. Didn't seem like enemies dropped them much after the first few areas. Guess it can amount to get good, but i still see the system inferior to flasks.

As I said, don't put everything into leveling. It's your own fault for not planning ahead. I also like the Estus system better, but it's only a minor inconvenience.

def sim

At some point it felt like I had neverending vials. That combined with a dash so quick and has so much invincibility frames trivialized much of the game for me.
smuggesto2u6o.gif

I like the estus system better, too, since I thought it had a better middle ground for all sorts of players.

Holy shit... Retroarch keeps getting better and better.

Do people really want that visible pixel-spaced "look"? I'll grant that it looks more like a gameboy does, but I never hear people complaining that all the improved resolutions on Dolphin games aren't system-accurate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom