• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people really want that visible pixel-spaced "look"? I'll grant that it looks more like a gameboy does, but I never hear people complaining that all the improved resolutions on Dolphin games aren't system-accurate...

Yeah I don't get why people want to emulate shitty screens when you can have clean pixelart instead. Nostalgia I guess

Ban Puncher

Prepare to dye.

You've got to be squidding me.

Do people really want that visible pixel-spaced "look"? I'll grant that it looks more like a gameboy does, but I never hear people complaining that all the improved resolutions on Dolphin games aren't system-accurate...

I think it looks kind of neat but then again I'm the type of person who prefers to use original hardware through something like a Framemeister. Gibbie dem scanlines, yo.

Holy shit... Retroarch keeps getting better and better.
ulpnawtmud.png

rdkswmrukn.png

Wow. I need to read about Retroarch, it's not the first time I see it mentioned.

Anteater

wish race the sun has a draw distance slider, would be better to see what's ahead instead of learning from replaying, since it's not like you could really turn and move around that quick

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Yeah I don't get why people want to emulate shitty screens when you can have clean pixelart instead. Nostalgia I guess

Scanlines and curvature are a matter of taste, but there are some NTSC display features that are absolutely worth reproducing, like the color palette and a slight blur.

Allow me to demonstrate with some Final Fantasy VI screens taken by The Exodu5:

1LLpZbg.png

NcPEkjH.png

Look at those Goddamn bricks!

You can click on that arrow next to Orayn's name for more from that thread. There were also people there that think the 2nd pic looks too blurry.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-CC3EF1ADEF6AC239 - Taken by BigAT

Jawmuncher

That same mod said that GMG was already caught selling fake keys and that is not true. And now he is defending CDPR again for lack of pre-load info.

Was pretty sure mods aren't supposed to talk on behalf of companies. Not even Capcom unity does and they work there.

June 2015

Yup wishlisted so hard. For those that don't know this is a follow up to Act of War:Direct Action, which was itself a spiritual sequel to CnC Generals but not made by EA but by Eugen instead. It incorporated many of the gameplay elements cut from CnC Generals (Many of these are restored in CnC Gen using mods, and were much polished by Eugen for Act of War.)

I don't remember if this is a direct sequel or a spiritual sequel to Act of War:Direct Action.

Probably a spiritual sequel since The Consortium and Task Force Talon factions are not to be found, although judging by the look of the other factions' units they are the same in all but name.

Also Act of war and its expansion seems to have been removed from steam. I remember I had them wishlisted. :(

Instant wishlist. They haven't shown the game much at all yet but after three superb Wargame games, they have my interest.

You might be disappointed. Act of war was a very old school rts. This will play like AoW and CnC Generals rather than the Wargame series which feels and plays very different.

fantomena

Wow that's impressive. Did you get the platinum?

Sadly not, I have 3 or 4 trophies left, but they include doing the Chalices and I have not really pushed my self to do all the chalice dungeons.

My 3 playthroughs and what I did:

1st playthrough I took out all the main bosses + every optional boss except Martyr Logarius, Amygdala and Daughter of Cosmos.
2nd playthrough I took out all main bosses, but only Amygdala, Martyr and Cosmos + the blood rock trophie.
3rd playthrough I just did the main boss so I could get all 3 endings.

Btw, the most blood vials I have used were 11 when I took down Father Gansc first time. Fuck his 3rd form.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here's an example of how not to request (free) support for an application:

I used to get upset over stuff like this, now I just find it amusing. Still, it's an interesting way to start the day!

dex3108

Was pretty sure mods aren't supposed to talk on behalf of companies. Not even Capcom unity does and they work there.

He told me that i am speculating and then he went and did same XD And as i said before W3 is done and ready for launch. If they did pre-load on X1 already there is no reason that pre-load is not up on GOG/Steam. If they wanted to incorporate Day 1 patch that patch should be done already and certified by MS and Sony to be ready for launch.

I used to get upset over stuff like this, now I just find it amusing. Still, it's an interesting way to start the day!

When you get those kind of mails that means you are doing something right :D

Customers... >_<

Talking about ES, this morning I tried organizing my steam wishlist on steam app and it sucks, it's too slow to drag items from the bottom to the top, any chance ES could add an option in the wishlist entries like "move to nth place", so you could like move item from the 132nd place to 3rd place with just a few clicks?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Customers... >_<

Talking about ES, this morning I tried organizing my steam wishlist on steam app and it sucks, it's too slow to drag items from the bottom to the top, any chance ES could add an option in the wishlist entries like "move to nth place", so you could like move item 132 to 3rd spot?

You don't need ES to do that, you can actually type in the number into the box then hit "save" at the bottom and it will stick. ;)

More like not request support for anything. Users thinks you can just clap your hands, magic happens and it's works as expected. Now provide useful information to help you troubleshooting what causes the problem it too much work for them. :mad:

jshackles

it does? haha, and I kept dragging stuff... volvo needs better ui, how should I figure that out?
thanks js!

The only thing that bugs me about it and is really not intuitive is that if you change the number it doesn't immediately move that item (and won't "stick" until you press save). I think the better option would be to keep the focus on that wishlist item, but show it moving while actually arranging the list. It's a pretty common problem so I might try to put something together to make it easier.

Alien8

If it serves as a better way of starting your day, I'd tell you that I've been using Idle Master in the last few days and its working great.

fantomena

Omg. When I now get that Icewind Dale Echanced thing I have just M&M3 HD, Gat out of Holland and AC Unity on my must-have wishlist and then Im done. Omg again.

jshackles

If it serves as a better way of starting your day, I'd tell you that I've been using Idle Master in the last few days and its working great.

Good to hear! I joke about the "bad customers" sometimes but they're honestly few and far between. In fact, I typically get more "You've received a donation" emails each day than requests for support anymore, which is very nice. :)

The only thing that bugs me about it and is really not intuitive is that if you change the number it doesn't immediately move that item (and won't "stick" until you press save). I think the better option would be to keep the focus on that wishlist item, but show it moving while actually arranging the list. It's a pretty common problem so I might try to put something together to make it easier.
Well, my main complain is that each entry takes too much screen space, so there's too much scroll, an horizontal multicolumn list with small items would be easier to mantain I think, but maybe less intuitive to the masses who want vertical lists.

derExperte

Good to hear! I joke about the "bad customers" sometimes but they're honestly few and far between. In fact, I typically get more "You've received a donation" emails each day than requests for support anymore, which is very nice. :)

While you're here and I'm running Idle Master for the first time.... is it normal that the 'Idle Master is saving your information' takes a very long time? Been like that for over 10 minutes now.

Lain

I don't get it, if you're a piece of shit coder and your shit sucks, why does he want more of your sucking coding to make him able to use your piece of shit software?

jshackles

While you're here and I'm running Idle Master for the first time.... is it normal that the 'Idle Master is saving your information' takes a very long time? Been like that for over 10 minutes now.

That's not normal, it's a bug (sorry!). Just close the program then re-open.

I don't get it, if you're a piece of shit coder and your shit sucks, why does he want more of your sucking coding to make him able to use your piece of shit software?

More importantly, if I really am as bad as he claims, how come his friend can run the program just fine with no issues?

Terra_Ex

lol, he sounds like a very reasonable and eloquent guy, I can't understand why you wouldn't want to help him out.

Holy Smokes! This guy can't be for real? He does know that you are doing IM/ES for free, right? He does know what common courtesy is, right?
Good Lord, anonymity brings out the worst in people.
Rejoice Kurt Russel!
Rejoice Super_Inframan!

Rejoice Gaf for Elite Steam Giveaways!

>_>

<_<
Souls gaf you aren't missing out with no bloodborne.
I loved every entry so far. Only Bloodborne hasn't been played.
For each and every single title I've heard good and bad things.
For me each and every titles has its ups and downs.
I will have fun with Bloodborne, I am sure.
Sucks it was not a good experience for you.
At least my native folk isn't as ugly. (on my dad's side)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8tfBKH7ndU

I just wanted to selfishly post that.
Damn, that is soothing. Which culture you from? Only recognize it's Spanish but in America that could be almost every country -_-'
CpSUPzy.png

I'm sorry.
Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom