• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caveat emptor, I'm not 100% sure that Muffin Knight and Scourge are unused. Sorry if there are problems.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Capsized -- MB-561DD8CAAD517BCE - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Scourge: Outbreak -- MB-C7F6D09E8AD24213 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-40E173DD43C7F52B - Taken by Eila. 5 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-0A33CEDF5ECE6ACF - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-7A64B5C5F899237E
The Maker's Eden Soundtrack Edition -- MB-1FE4822E008C33FA - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-FE46A96BC27724CA - Taken by freshVeggie. 8 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-158B7327CCA647C4 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2 -- MB-A8AAEC976F156568 - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

t1431269849z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Holy Smokes! This guy can't be for real? He does know that you are doing IM/ES for free, right? He does know what common courtesy is, right?
Good Lord, anonymity brings out the worst in people.

The interesting part is that it wasn't really sent anonymously - I have this guy's name and email address and it would be relatively trivial to track down things like where he lived (if I were so inclined).

If I had to guess, I'd say this individual is probably a minor. I'm not sure what they teach these kids in school these days, but it certainly isn't courtesy.

Haunted

Playing letter quest has made me realize I don't know words... I'm dumb
I usually play these games with a friend of mine and we usually just end up fighting because she just wants to make quick progress with the first word that comes to mind while I'm content to stare at it for a bit and try out configurations until I find a word I'm happy with (5+ letters minimum!).

Haunted

Here's an example of how not to request (free) support for an application:

I used to get upset over stuff like this, now I just find it amusing. Still, it's an interesting way to start the day!
I hope you know that we love you and appreciate all the work you're putting in, you've made the user experience better for a lot of people.

Just felt the need to randomly remind you of the fact reading that guy's... query. >_>

The interesting part is that it wasn't really sent anonymously - I have this guy's name and email address and it would be relatively trivial to track down things like where he lived (if I were so inclined).

If I had to guess, I'd say this individual is probably a minor. I'm not sure what they teach these kids in school these days, but it certainly isn't courtesy.
Got curious. What were the nicest things that happened to you because of ES/IM? Did you ever got "fan-mail" or small presents as a thanks? Obviously not asking about patreon or donations.

Make me feel good about people mister >_>

kids this days...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got curious. What were the nicest things that happened to you because of ES/IM? Did you ever got "fan-mail" or small presents as a thanks? Obviously not asking about patreon or donations.

Make me feel good about people mister >_>

I actually get fan-mail pretty often too, and a lot of people have sent me Steam games as gifts and such.

However, easily the coolest thing that's happened to me because of Enhanced Steam is when a few of the employees at Valve got together and decided to email me and let me know that they loved Enhanced Steam and used it daily. Then after talking with one of them for a while I got invited for a personal tour of Valve and got to talk with them for a few hours about what they thought of Enhanced Steam - what they liked (and didn't) and how they planned on gathering customer feedback based on the features that were part of Enhanced Steam. Of course, this was about 6 months before the v6 store rollout so in retrospect I know now that they meant stuff like showing the items you own or have wishlisted, DRM warnings, etc.

It was a really cool experience.

inm8num2

I've put about 10 hours into Shadow Warrior and am having such a blast. I love the new Lo Wang and his one-liners. Gameplay is fast, fun, and satisfying. Loving all the different skills and powers. I still have a few chapters left, and I've probably padded my time from trying to find all the secrets and whatnot. Still, very happy with this game.

I actually get fan-mail pretty often too, and a lot of people have sent me Steam games as gifts and such.

However, easily the coolest thing that's happened to me because of Enhanced Steam is when a few of the employees at Valve got together and decided to email me and let me know that they loved Enhanced Steam and used it daily. Then after talking with one of them for a while I got invited for a personal tour of Valve and got to talk with them for a few hours about what they thought of Enhanced Steam - what they liked (and didn't) and how they planned on gathering customer feedback based on the features that were part of Enhanced Steam. Of course, this was about 6 months before the v6 store rollout so in retrospect I know now that they meant stuff like showing the items you own or have wishlisted, DRM warnings, etc.

Cool. Was expecting to hear you get handmade ES plushtoys ;)

Also about v6 taking many "liberties" with ES:

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Has got to be a kid.

I mean, they go from "Something doesn't work on my machine but it works fine on my friends" to "It's your fault, fix it" in .01 seconds.

Yet they won't hire you but will gladly buy some indie project.

Anteater

take meee down to the paradise city

in the mood for another racing game so I started up burnout paradise again, it's pretty fun, downsampling it made it looks so much sharper and cleaner.

I played it for a few hours back then when it first came out but the stuttering and guns n roses were too much for me on my old computer, I still can't find a working solution to skipping the EA/Criterion logos since all those config tools don't seem to work so I'll have to live with it, you win EA.

I've also heard that paradise city song so many times because I like to play in short bursts and I like tweaking, I no longer give a shit about it.

So who else is doing the 52 games thing? I just keep updating my old post but I see that some people like making new ones and just linking back to previous posts.
I'm doing the challenge, I just update my post, I don't care what others think, I just do it to keep track of what I play, not for showing off.
Not gonna probably acomplish it, tits seriously killed my time

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Huh. I thought TNO had a really strong opening. The first mission isn't that long either. I'd say the only thing that drags, especially once you've done it already, is the very end when you're...picking a timeline.

Shadownet

Banned
Olsen and Saoirse hand in hand running through revolutionary Paris and murdering Templars.
I'd watch that movie.
Day 1 for me. Pre-ordering ticket now.

There's always room for a redhead ;)

I think I have the same problem he did. But mine was on Windows 8.1, either way. It's not an acceptable way to ask for support.

Yup. I want to play TNO once more, but ch 1 kills all motivation.
You don't like TNO?

burnout paradise still looks pretty, I remember thinking all the bloom and shit ruining it, but it really doesn't look so bad downsampled

I need to play that sometime. Dunno if I want to buy a wheel for it though. Have had it since some bundle or another.

Also, new humble sale games in ~15 minutes.

Anteater

I need to play that sometime. Dunno if I want to buy a wheel for it though. Have had it since some bundle or another.

Also, new humble sale games in ~15 minutes.

use a controller! i don't like the game's bumper view, no rear mirror or anything so it forced me to use third person, it's \really an oldschool arcade game

Pakkidis

I've put about 10 hours into Shadow Warrior and am having such a blast. I love the new Lo Wang and his one-liners. Gameplay is fast, fun, and satisfying. Loving all the different skills and powers. I still have a few chapters left, and I've probably padded my time from trying to find all the secrets and whatnot. Still, very happy with this game.

I just started playing the game and I am enjoying it too. Very underrated.

Turfster

FFFFFF Apparently the "12 hour flash sales" is a lie.
Humble doesn't want any of us to sleep.

MacGameStore has Civ V Complete 75% off

Invisible Apartment Zero keys now available for Groupees Terrific Time Travel

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
hmmm ... someone was asking about TW3 comparison screenshots yesterday ... well - I found this

Turfster

Daily Offworld Trading Company 25% off

Humble Spring Sale Flash Stealth Inc 2 50% off for 12 hours let's see if it's a lie again =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom