• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I have that illness then. I have at least five games where I'm almost at the final boss.

I have that too but only when the game is terrible. I get this moment of clarity at the end dungeon where I got "Why am I even trying to finish this terrible game?"

derExperte

Ys: Oath in Felghana, Lounging around.

Tried to get the background. Lost horribly. Nothing but regrets.

Sölf;163419676 said:
Oh, okay. xD

One of those bundle sites I never used so far. Thanks for the link!

I feel like someone should tell you that Planetary Annihilation is trash no matter how you acquire it. That bundle is fantastic but don't buy it only because of PA.

fantomena

Ugh, I feel like there is a game somewhere on sale (most likely Steam) which I need to buy before the deal expires, but can't remember what. :(

Phinor

They charge higher prices for people who pay in euros.

Specifically they first do 1:1 USD to EUR bullshit and THEN add VAT on top of that price. That's really the wrong way to do it. That's how they do it with bundles, on their store they do something really weird as well. First 1:1 and that includes some VAT, but then they add a little bit of extra VAT on top of that depending on your location. So Europa Universalis costs 41.33€ here, when the game has RRP of 39.99€ across Europe.

edit: Actually I think they use the latter system for bundles as well.

So Steam Trading Cards.. is the purpose to craft them into badges... or sell them?
Depends if you want something basically useless or free credit to buy games.

What you get from crafting badges:
What do I get when I craft a badge from my Trading Cards?
In addition to getting the Game Badge itself, you'll get:
a random emoticon item created for this game, that can use in chat or discussions;
a random profile background item created for this game, that can use on your Steam Community profile
a chance to get a discount coupon for a different game or DLC
100XP, which may increase your Steam Level
If your Steam Level increases, the limit on the size of your friends list will be increased by five, and potentially you'll unlock the ability to customize your profile with showcases.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Best answer ever.

I guess I mean what is more beneficial? Do badges really gain anything?

Badges increase your Steam level, which causes booster packs to drop at a faster rate (20% increase at every ten levels) and gives your profile more customization options. Also listen to Kagemusha.

Selling cards can net you more money, sometimes. Other times, you'll find it tempting to buy more cards to craft the badge because the emote and background prices are much higher than the cards themselves.

Damn, I didn't remember Riddick being this floaty and sluggish. Looking at 2004, the contrast between that and HL2 is staggering. Maybe I should eventually revisit Far Cry and Doom 3 too to see the differences, but I remember not liking how Doom 3 felt compared to previous id games.

Yeah, it seemed to have a decent start with good impressions, but launching with one map and then slipping with the deadlines for the roadmap builds seemed to hurt them. Maybe once it properly launches (should have been this month and they still have one build left) then the numbers go up again.

L.O.R.D

new update for DS2 SOTFS fix the weapons Durability at 60 FPS
BQRK4VB.gif

Shadownet

Banned
If you ever decide to waste money on it let me know.

O wanted to give it a try myself
Funny enough I was going to ask you about it. But right now there's only 15 people playing. We might have a hard time even finding people to play with. Unless you fancy 1v1.

[/QUOTE]

I always question where this gif come from. Is it some sort of children camp and Oprah just showed up with a bunch of toys?

Omega

Banned
Funny enough I was going to ask you about it. But right now there's only 15 people playing. We might have a hard time even finding people to play with. Unless you fancy 1v1.

I always question where this gif come from. Is it some sort of children camp and Oprah just showed up with a bunch of toys?
Depends on if you feel like getting rekt

Maniac

Banned
With TW3's street date already being broken, I wonder if CDP will try to convince its retail partners to allow it to bring forward the unlock date of the digital versions. Not necessarily to, like, right now, but something more palatable than "Another week-and-a-half".

Truth be told, I'm not expecting anything to change -- when your marketing budget exceeds your development budget and you handball the burden of the former to your distribution partners, you're hardly putting yourself in a prime position to negotiate.

That big a marketing budget, or rather, that little of a development budget is... Really starting to hurt them. Downgrading the entire thing on all platforms because one platform is having trouble running the game? For shame, CDPR.

If only we got the pre-downgraded game. Looked so good ;_;

(I still think it looks great, mind.)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
new update for DS2 SOTFS fix the weapons Durability at 60 FPS

Now... are they going to backport that to the DX9 version?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fat chance. They gotta get people to buy a second time.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I swear just every year now at an increasing rate there are so many bundles and sales everywhere. I'd say being a pc gamer now is probably the best and cheapest time to game in history so far.

Welp, guess I know where I'm spending my summer.

Edit: How is Godus, GAF?

Well, that question may have two very different answers. Godus according to most people is rubbish, and brings shame to the god simulation genre.
Godus according to Ozium is the second coming of Peter Molyneux.

pahamrick

Nuuvem canceled and refunded my Arkham Knight pre-order, so since I'm weak willed:

aOugCeO.png

Game + Season pass for $30 is acceptable to me. Thanks Nvidia promo! If only I could get that Red Hood pre-order DLC.

louiedog

Edit: How is Godus, GAF?

I didn't like it. It contains the stuff about F2P that I dislike and rubbing it into my wounds is a developer commentary that is telling you why you should like that. Maybe some people do, but I do not.

Part of the explanation is that they give you this other stuff to do while the waiting part is going on, but I found that stuff to be not very fun and not what I was looking for in this sort of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom