• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Driving around in this...

Would have me giggling like a school kid. Needs to have the game super sped up Benny Hill style for authenticity.

I think you're definitely onto something there. The original series would make for a truly fun game world in general, even.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Now... are they going to backport that to the DX9 version?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fat chance. They gotta get people to buy a second time.

On Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Steam (DirectX 9), Steam (DirectX 11):

Fixed issue whereby weapon durability was decreased drastically when used on enemy corpses, friendly characters, etc. (Especially apparent for users running the game at 60 fps as the durability decrease rate was linked to the frame rate).
Fixed issue whereby actions requiring both button and stick controller input (Jump Attack, Guard Break) were not properly registering in-game.

Yeh DX9 gets the fix

didamangi

Finished Wolfenstein TNO, it was a fun romp. This and Shadow Warrior really hit the spot for all-out action fps and fun gunplay or (swordplay in SW case.)

Watching youtube for the Wyatt timeline stuff and it seems I'm missing out
BJ smoking weed and jamming with Jimi Hendrix and his funny/awesome death scene
. Should've saved Wyatt :/

On to The Old Blood.

Miguel81

Driving around in this...

Would have me giggling like a school kid. Needs to have the game super sped up Benny Hill style for authenticity.

With the theme song playing in the background, it would definitely be a laugh. Haven't watched that show in ages.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I played some OTTTD (Over the Top Tower Defense) this afternoon, as it's currently part of the Humble Weekly bundle in the $1 tier.

The game is... not very good. It's kind of like a mix of traditional tower defense and XCOM, but taking the worst of both genres. You can get up to three "heroes" on the battlefield which can repair your towers and do additional damage, but the heroes suffer from a 1 hour respawn time when killed - unless you revive them using the in-game currency. It's pretty obvious given the different types of in-game currency that this game was originally designed with in-app purchases in mind. Blech!

As for the actual tower defense side of the game, it's pretty terrible. Even though you can level up your towers in multiple ways, it hardly ever feels like you're able to do more than just a smidgen of damage to the incoming attackers - you never have that "hahaha I'm invincible!" feeling that I really love in a good tower defense game. In addition to that, the difficulty spikes on each level are massive - meaning you'll be playing and replaying the same levels over and over again trying to get a higher score or grind up enough gold to buy better weapons or armor for your heroes.

The only positive I could find was that the achievements seemed to be pretty easy to get, especially at first. I unlocked 27% in the first hour, and they seem to have a pretty good rate of progression throughout. But I'm not sure who I would recommend this game to, certainly not fans of tower defense when there are so many other good offerings on PC. I'm just glad I only paid $1 for it.

Pakkidis

So I played some OTTTD (Over the Top Tower Defense) this afternoon, as it's currently part of the Humble Weekly bundle in the $1 tier.

The game is... not very good. It's kind of like a mix of traditional tower defense and XCOM, but taking the worst of both genres. You can get up to three "heroes" on the battlefield which can repair your towers and do additional damage, but the heroes suffer from a 1 hour respawn time when killed - unless you revive them using the in-game currency. It's pretty obvious given the different types of in-game currency that this game was originally designed with in-app purchases in mind. Blech!

As for the actual tower defense side of the game, it's pretty terrible. Even though you can level up your towers in multiple ways, it hardly ever feels like you're able to do more than just a smidgen of damage to the incoming attackers - you never have that "hahaha I'm invincible!" feeling that I really love in a good tower defense game. In addition to that, the difficulty spikes on each level are massive - meaning you'll be playing and replaying the same levels over and over again trying to get a higher score or grind up enough gold to buy better weapons or armor for your heroes.

The only positive I could find was that the achievements seemed to be pretty easy to get, especially at first. I unlocked 27% in the first hour, and they seem to have a pretty good rate of progression throughout. But I'm not sure who I would recommend this game to, certainly not fans of tower defense when there are so many other good offerings on PC. I'm just glad I only paid $1 for it.

Blah, thats a shame, I love tower defense games and this was the only reason I bought the bundle...

pahamrick

I don't know what it is about Witcher 2, but I can't bring myself to play through again just to get a save ready for Witcher 3.

I played through it twice right after release, and twice again once all the enhanced edition content was in. I was going to do a single play, but soon as I get to chapter 1 I lose all desire to keep going.

Dr Dogg

I'm just about to finish chapter 1 of The Witcher 2 and I'll certainly say the charm has gone out of the game for me since I first played it yonks ago. Don't know if it's some of the jankiness compared to more polished titles I've played since but I'm teetering on the edge of dropping it when getting fucked over by a small mob. Finished it on about a week on release but this playthrough is about 7 months in the making.

AHA-Lambda

I'm just about to finish chapter 1 of The Witcher 2 and I'll certainly say the charm has gone out of the game for me since I first played it yonks ago. Don't know if it's some of the jankiness compared to more polished titles I've played since but I'm teetering on the edge of dropping it when getting fucked over by a small mob. Finished it on about a week on release but this playthrough is about 7 months in the making.

I admit I've tried a good few times in the past to get into The Witcher and ahve failed but I'm going to make a point of it soon with the third coming out.

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Things I found interesting in Nekopara
-This world makes Cat people. Who are basically lower class citizens with less developed IQs.
-However testing can be performed so that certain cat people can in essence function as regular people.
- Cat people functioning as regular people (after the test) is shown with either paperwork or wearing a bell. Guess it's a sort of honor system, since anyone could wear a bell and there was no mention of ID scanning or anything.
-Owning a cat person is apparently not too expensive since there were talks of strays in the game.
- Marrying a cat person is a common practice. Especially due to there being no cross breeding.
-Polygamy is ok with cat spouses in this universe.
-There were talks of Cat people doing illegal things, wonder if this means there's a seedy underbelly with fugitive cat people.
- If they could make cat people, couldn't they make any human/animal crossbreed?
-Cat people while still seen as pets could technically be categorized as slaves.
-Jawmuncher why did you just post all of this? Because really I found the whole universe fairly interesting and kind of wish the story would have been about that. What was there was just typical Anime RomCom stuff which wasn't bad by any means. But when I find the background material that interesting to ponder, it does make me wish the material was more expanded upon.

Thanks again Chariot for the gift.

didamangi

Dark Souls released on PC after TW2 probably makes it rough to go back, Can't say I enjoyed TW2 combat system that much when I've played it on release. The graphics, story and quests is enough to make me want to finish the game last time around though.

Terra_Ex

Funnily enough I'm just about to start my 4th Witcher 2 playthrough. Will be using the full combat rebalance mod to keep things fresh and whet my appetite for Witcher 3. It's just about the right length so as to not demand too much time for another replay. Been a while since I last played it so I'm not anticipating any issues with dropping it, personally.

Grief.exe

I admit I've tried a good few times in the past to get into The Witcher and ahve failed but I'm going to make a point of it soon with the third coming out.

CDPR has always struggled with early game pacing. You kind of have to force yourself through the first 3-5 hours of both Witcher games before they pick up.

Personally, playing the older games just prior to the sequel's release would burn me out.

Salsa

I didn't really like xeodrifter. It has a few good ideas, but never actually does anything with them.

im diggin it so far even if its very much a renegade kid game to the point of rehashing a lot of ideas

bit more challenging than I thought

Things I found interesting in Nekopara
-This world makes Cat people. Who are basically lower class citizens with less developed IQs.
-However testing can be performed so that certain cat people can in essence function as regular people.
- Cat people functioning as regular people (after the test) is shown with either paperwork or wearing a bell. Guess it's a sort of honor system, since anyone could wear a bell and there was no mention of ID scanning or anything.
-Owning a cat person is apparently not too expensive since there were talks of strays in the game.
- Marrying a cat person is a common practice. Especially due to there being no cross breeding.
-Polygamy is ok with cat spouses in this universe.
-There were talks of Cat people doing illegal things, wonder if this means there's a seedy underbelly with fugitive cat people.
- If they could make cat people, couldn't they make any human/animal crossbreed?
-Cat people while still seen as pets could technically be categorized as slaves.

enhanced-16485-1407362155-3.jpg

If you are interested in a Tower Defense game, play Dungeon of the Endless it's a great game on my opinion.

Sarcasm

CDPR has always struggled with early game pacing. You kind of have to force yourself through the first 3-5 hours of both Witcher games before they pick up.

Personally, playing the older games just prior to the sequel's release would burn me out.

I did six hours of the first and I had to put it down. Yeeesh. Nope, do not want.

Got a friend's save going to try second at some point.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There are others? =o
Yes there are 2 more gaffers on my friendlist that play.

Tera

Positives:
-Fun and Fluid Combat System
-Skills are fun to use and the cooldown doesn't feel absurd like other games
-Mount options are nice. The Tiger Mount and Mecha Spider >>>>>
-Quest Variety. Sure its nothing revolutionary but so far Im not bored of them like in some other cases.
-Playing with friends can be really addictive if you plan strategies against the harsher enemies of if one of the players if OP.
-Nice Art Direction
-Rare Weapons FTW
-Enemy Camps actually looking like fucking enemy camps instead of a random spot with enemies like some other games.
-Right Amount of challenge and so far no ragequit annoying quests.

Neutral
- Crafting System
- Enchanting System
- Unicorn Teleport which can take some time to get from one place to the other
- Performance which can be solved lowering down some settings and moving to less active channels

Negative
-Expensive Housing.
-You get loot for all classes. (I rather have only compatible loot thrown at me if Im playing solo)
-Armor Options for characters could be better since there are a lot of skimpy outfits for female classes with no room for SFW clothes in some cases.
-Banking System could be better.
-Inventory expansion can get absurd on prices and requirements.

Momentary

Banned
I'm starting to worry about my Guilty Gear Xrd on Steam bet.

So depressed...I bet that game would run at 4k with no problem at all.

Sometimes I hate being a PC Gamer. No Disgaea, no Tales, no Star Ocean, no recent working fighting ga.ea, no Bloodborne, no UNIEL, no Persona, no BBCPE. No nothing man! Humph!

Tera

-Armor Options for characters could be better since there are a lot of skimpy outfits for female classes with no room for SFW clothes in some cases.

Yeah, that killed the game for me. I usually play games as a female character when that's an option, and the outfits that you can see when you choose your character made me delete the game real quick. It's weird that they don't give the players a choice there, considering that the game seems to be really well made in other aspects.

Vazra

Yeah, that killed the game for me. I usually play games as a female character when that's an option, and the outfits that you can see when you choose your character made me delete the game real quick. It's weird that they don't give the players a choice there, considering that the game seems to be really well made in other aspects.

Female High Elf are well covered and overall there are decent armors to find later on to cover the body for most of the characters. My main character now has full pants and now working on getting something that fully covers the top. My Aman despite showing stomach doesn't look skimpy at all. The issue with the armor is that the good ones are usually hard to come by.

Jadax

Playing Tera for a bit made me reinstall The Old Republic.

:(
The little that I played SWTOR I loved it - the only thing that made me lose interest was that I barely ever saw any other person on, and once my friend stopped played I just couldn't bother anymore.

Tera

Negative
-You get loot for all classes. (I rather have only compatible loot thrown at me if Im playing solo)
-Inventory expansion can get absurd on prices and requirements.

First point: the game throws every class' loot on you so you can dismantle them for feedstocks. Feedstocks are your main gold source (sell them on AH).
Second point: item expansion price is actually pretty low as you level up and sell gears from dungeons and feedstocks.
I had like thousands of gold at level 30-ish.

Is Old Republic still limited unless you pay for it?

Yes. SWTOR's real insidious about free-players too, even going so far as to limit the quick slot bars you can access. (maximum of two for free players, four for preferred, or six for subscriber.) If you want to play it seriously for any amount of time, subscribing is the only way to go.

I find it fun in one to two month bursts every couple of years. I reckon I'll complete all the stories in 2017 or so.

The little that I played SWTOR I loved it - the only thing that made me lose interest was that I barely ever saw any other person on, and once my friend stopped played I just couldn't bother anymore.
Going free-to-play helped it a lot in this regard. IIRC there's a dungeon finder now, too.

I play it like an RPG with no partying though, so it's never really bothered me.
I am insane.

Vazra

First point: the game throws every class' loot on you so you can dismantle them for feedstocks. Feedstocks are your main gold source (sell them on AH).
Second point: item expansion price is actually pretty low as you level up and sell gears from dungeons and feedstocks.
I had like thousands of gold at level 30-ish.
I might have to start dismantling stuff then. I need the money for more expansions and maybe in the future purchase my own castle if I manage to go that far into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom