• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much to look forward to with TW3 and 90% of the posts made in this forum are exclusively focused on visuals/downgrades.
I'm not denying that the game doesn't live up to the older footage but the way graphics talk tends to always completely overshadow everything else is quite unfortunate.
And people wonder why a lot of publishers tend to give more and more priority to visuals over gameplay. Gaf is swift to call out games with great visuals and lackluster gameplay, quickly labeling them as "tech demos" and "interactive cutscenes", and sometimes deservedly so, but then you get a game with the scale, ambition and depth of TW3 that still manages to look fantastic and all you see on this forum are debates about grass density.
I wouldn't be surprised if at this point CDPR are scaling down Cyberpunk to allocate more time and resources to window dressing.
Hopefully they've learned their lesson and will keep this shitstorm in mind when revealing gameplay footage of that game.

Shadownet

Banned
Nuuvem canceled and refunded my Arkham Knight pre-order, so since I'm weak willed
How do you cancel a Nuuvem preorder? I gotta cancel mine.
I didn't like it. It contains the stuff about F2P that I dislike and rubbing it into my wounds is a developer commentary that is telling you why you should like that. Maybe some people do, but I do not.

Part of the explanation is that they give you this other stuff to do while the waiting part is going on, but I found that stuff to be not very fun and not what I was looking for in this sort of game.
Thanks for the impression. Sounds like a fun idea byf horribly implemented.

happy day to all yer mothers

tell em salsa says hi

ayyy
I told my mom what you said. She asked who's Salsa.

"A shark."

Tizoc

Nuuvem canceled and refunded my Arkham Knight pre-order, so since I'm weak willed:

aOugCeO.png

Game + Season pass for $30 is acceptable to me. Thanks Nvidia promo! If only I could get that Red Hood pre-order DLC.

Agreed, $30 for the full game experience is nice.

L.O.R.D

Nuuvem canceled and refunded my Arkham Knight pre-order, so since I'm weak willed:

aOugCeO.png

Game + Season pass for $30 is acceptable to me. Thanks Nvidia promo! If only I could get that Red Hood pre-order DLC.

i thought the season pass is $40

edit : never mind , 25% discount

Canceled mine because of getting a free copy from Nvidia, I'm assuming thats why Shadow is going to cancel his.

-Edit-

Annnnd beaten

Ahh. I am having the worst first world problem with that right now. Bought my wife a 970 for her new PC in March and Microcenter won't give me an Arkham Knight code.

Add to that, The Witcher is GOG and not Steam. My life is the worst right now.

pahamrick

Ahh. I am having the worst first world problem with that right now. Bought my wife a 970 for her new PC in March and Microcenter won't give me an Arkham Knight code.

I lucked out with Newegg, I ordered my 970 on April 26th but Newegg customer service hooked me up with a code for Arkham Knight anyway.

As far as Witcher 3 goes, I originally bought Witcher 2 on GOG but ended up grabbing the game on Steam during a sale for $5. I'll probably do the same here, I can handle GOG for a free copy.

Dsyndrome

If it weren't for Nuuvem prices for Arkham Knight + Season Pass being ~$50, I would've just waited until winter sales. I didn't get shit for games with my 980M.

def sim

I'm liking what I've played of Witcher 2. The combat is much simpler than I expected, maybe they could have explained that a bit better.

Omega

Banned
Will you even.be able to use that batmobile on first play through? Arkham series always locks cosmetic items for second play through making all that stuff useless

Arkham Knight season pass still isn't worth picking up. The dlc for this series has never been good

Mmm... it's going to be decent, if only because of the above-mentioned classic batmobiles and playable Batgirl.

Even though the DLC content hasn't been fully laid out and detailed, if it all lives up to its potential, I could easily see it being at least $30 worth of content. For people who got AK for free with the Nvidia bundle or was given a spare code — and who really like the Arkham games — it's a pretty safe bet it'll be worth forking over $23 for it.

Will you even.be able to use that batmobile on first play through? Arkham series always locks cosmetic items for second play through making all that stuff useless

It's confirmed you can use any bonus character skins on teh first playthrough this time around. While it sounds like the other Batmobiles will only be usable in a separate mode, that probably means they can be played with from the start. They also supposedly have unique abilities from their source material.

pahamrick

It was confirmed that the cosmetic skins will be available from the beginning, no second play required.

They were specifically referring to the character skins, but I don't see why it wouldn't apply to Batmobile skins as well.

It was confirmed that the cosmetic skins will be available from the beginning, no second play required.

They were specifically referring to the character skins, but I don't see why it wouldn't apply to Batmobile skins as well.

It wasn't made entirely clear, but it sounds like the Batmobiles will only be available in sequences separate from the main game. The press release made it sound like each scenario will be unique to each Batmobile though.

Still, it seems like that will be immediately available to purchasers of the season pass.

derExperte

Even if I'd gotten AK for free it would feel wrong to pay for a Season Pass for a single player game in advance. 50% off during winter sale when everything's out sounds fine, I'll reinstall the game and be done with the DLC in one go then. Did the same with Saints Row and a bunch of others.

pahamrick

It wasn't made entirely clear, but it sounds like the Batmobiles will only be available in sequences separate from the main game. The press release made it sound like each scenario will be unique to each Batmobile though.

Still, it seems like that will be immediately available to purchasers of the season pass.

Even if the Batmobiles are a separate challenge mode, it's still worth it to me to cruise around in the BTAS Batmobile.

Even if I'd gotten AK for free it would feel wrong to pay for a Season Pass for a single player game in advance. 50% off during winter sale when everything's out sounds fine, I'll reinstall the game and be done with the DLC in one go then. Did the same with Saints Row and a bunch of others.

It's reasonable to hold off, I just know that I'll want to experience what the season pass offers first hand, no matter what, even if it's subpar. I'm willing to pay $10 bucks just to try out the Batgirl side story and 10 for the extra villain side stories as they'll likely be modeled after the Harley Quinn DLC from Arkham City and the Mr. Freeze one from Origins. If they're bad, I'll be able to warn people and tell them exactly what to expect.

Even if the Batmobiles are a separate challenge mode, it's still worth it to me to cruise around in the BTAS Batmobile.
I feel the same way.

def sim

Arkham DLC have been consistently short experiences. Maybe with the higher price that'll change in Knight, but that's not something I would bet money on.

JustinBB7

Man, I bought Arkham Knight full price a while ago, after the region locking thing set in. Now it's suddenly not set in and nvidia codes are all over the place :(

Parsnip

Yeah, zero chance I'm going to grab the Arkham Knight season pass. I'll just grab the story content DLC's separately later.

Assuming they are good enough.

dex3108

Man, I bought Arkham Knight full price a while ago, after the region locking thing set in. Now it's suddenly not set in and nvidia codes are all over the place :(

And why did you do that? :D Never buy game at full price months before release. You can always do that. Wait for deals :D

Yeah, zero chance I'm going to grab the Arkham Knight season pass. I'll just grab the story content DLC's separately later.

Assuming they good enough.

Season Pass will be 5$ after a year so get it then.

MUnited83

For you.

That was pretty a pretty terrible decision tbh :p. There's no reason to preorder for full price. Even if no site ends up undercutting that price you will still be able to get the game anyways, it makes no difference :p
Also Batman games always end up in Nvidia promotions :p

Arkham DLC have been consistently short experiences. Maybe with the higher price that'll change in Knight, but that's not something I would bet money on.

I wasn't going to until more details were given for the DLC, deals popped up for graphics cards from ~$320 and included the entire base game, and the season pass was being sold less than half the MSRP of the main game.

While it was a different dev, the Arkham Origns Mr. Freeze DLC was worth $10 to me, and there are at least two extra storylines that could be on that level in AK going by press releases. Even if those are bad, the cost is negligible for me, and I won't avoid this on principle.

pahamrick

I just look at it this way, I was already going to drop $30 for the base game. Getting the base game free means I have no issues with instead putting that $30 towards the season pass so I get the DLC ASAP.

I've enjoyed the DLC in the previous Arkham games, I do like the different skins too. What's worth it to me, isn't to someone else -- no big deal.

-Edit-

Spring-Loaded said it better.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Also races and classes aren't just for the players, you'll meet rogu enemies from the classes you can pick and they'll have the same moveset as a player.

I might dislike they way they handle housing in the game and the inventory but the game does a lot of things right to make up for my complains. Also questing with gaffers is rather fun.

Shadownet

Banned
-Edit-
Annnnd beaten
"Look like the Cyborg Ninja wasn't fast enough." - Scarlet Witch ;-)

I bought mine exactly a week before the new bundle went up. Also at Microcenter. I bought it back to Microcenter, they did a return/rebuy and I ended up getting the Batman code and an extra Witcher 3 code.

Tbh, I hate how Nvidia is doing this. Screwing a lot of the early adopters.

I won't lie, that's why I got it.
That and Batgirl. Oh baby.
Did I mention I like Tera art direction?
It's quite awesome. Its a shame, it run like ass.

def sim

I wasn't going to until more details were given for the DLC, deals popped up for graphics cards from ~$320 and included the entire base game, and the season pass was being sold less than half the MSRP of the main game.

While it was a different dev, the Arkham Origns Mr. Freeze DLC was worth $10 to me, and there are at least two extra storylines that could be on that level in AK going by press releases. Even if those are bad, the cost is negligible for me, and I won't avoid this on principle.

For those who aren't buying a new card with AK or haven't decided whether they want everything in the season pass, it'd probably be wise to wait a bit and see where prices fall with re-sellers. Not unreasonable, yeah? ;)

strafer

Does anyone know if Visceral Games have some sort of customer support email adress?, I need to send them a question.

Their website does not work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom