• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have to start dismantling stuff then. I need the money for more expansions and maybe in the future purchase my own castle if I manage to go that far into the game.

Yes, dismantling is very important but the game seems lacking in introducing the feature.
It's actually a new feature introduced in December or so. Back then, enchanting gear had a bit more depth

How can I play the non-Taiwan Tera?

Use a VPN, I suggests spotflux.
Open the game launcher, open spotflux, login, then close spotflux to play.
Indonesia is blocked as well, sigh.

Sarcasm

Yes, dismantling is very important but the game seems lacking in introducing the feature.
It's actually a new feature introduced in December or so. Back then, enchanting gear had a bit more depth

Use a VPN, I suggests spotflux.
Open the game launcher, open spotflux, login, then close spotflux to play.
Indonesia is blocked as well, sigh.

Okay sweet..but I need this on entire time I am downloading the game? Even when I log into the game?

From the downgrade thread

ScornfulNeedyGalah.gif

I've just realized that the thread has derailed into PC vs console discussion lol.

Okay sweet..but I need this on entire time I am downloading the game? Even when I log into the game?

No, you only need vpn just to bypass the login screen.
When you see the download starting, cut the vpn, it'll stop for a while then start downloading again. The same as logging in to the game, cut the vpn as soon as you see the start button available.

Omega

Banned
I've just realized that the thread has derailed into PC vs console discussion lol.

No, you only need vpn just to bypass the login screen.
When you see the download starting, cut the vpn, it'll stop for a while then start downloading again. The same as logging in to the game, cut the vpn as soon as you see the start button available.
That's what every thread on the internet basically turns into

Either that or how TLOU or Dark Souls killed video games BC they're so good

I'm trying to get this GIF....but does it mean that multi-plat games on consoles affect their PC versions?
Cuz I don't see that being an issue, I mean we got mods on PC to improve presentation...

Both are on their way to true breakthroughs in gaming, but the consoles, leading the charge...

Nevermind, it's a dumb image.

I'm trying to get this GIF....but does it mean that multi-plat games on consoles affect their PC versions?
Cuz I don't see that being an issue, I mean we got mods on PC to improve presentation...

It's means The Witcher 3 held back by the consoles, thus Mr. Bean trying to get ahead of the consoles to "truly next gen gaming" but being slowed down and held back by a slower platform, weaker platform. All of Mr. Beans energy and promise is being wasted by running in circles behind an old lady, trying to exceed his potential, but never being able to because developers need them console bucks, truly a sad day.

EDIT: I also may be slightly buzzed off pizza and 40oz malt liquor beverages, so I'm potentially talking out of my ass.

For those who aren't buying a new card with AK or haven't decided whether they want everything in the season pass, it'd probably be wise to wait a bit and see where prices fall with re-sellers. Not unreasonable, yeah? ;)

It's reasonable to hold off, I just know that I'll want to experience what the season pass offers first hand, no matter what, even if it's subpar.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't reasonable, just that there are circumstances that make the opposite reasonable as well.

ExoSoul

Banned
First point: the game throws every class' loot on you so you can dismantle them for feedstocks. Feedstocks are your main gold source (sell them on AH).
Second point: item expansion price is actually pretty low as you level up and sell gears from dungeons and feedstocks.
I had like thousands of gold at level 30-ish.

I didn't know they went for that much o.o Even tier 1? (also: where's the AH)

You wouldn't happen to know if it's possible to purchase/trade CS items with other players would you?

Shadownet

Banned
Yes. SWTOR's real insidious about free-players too, even going so far as to limit the quick slot bars you can access. (maximum of two for free players, four for preferred, or six for subscriber.) If you want to play it seriously for any amount of time, subscribing is the only way to go.

I find it fun in one to two month bursts every couple of years. I reckon I'll complete all the stories in 2017 or so.
That's a shame. I thought the story was very well done from what I've played. Guess I won't redownload it.

From the downgrade thread
[/QUOTE]

This is amazing.
[quote="Turfster, post: 163462075"][b]New Humble Flash[/b] Depth [i]50%[/i] off[/QUOTE]

I think you're a bit late for that man. It's been up there since this afternoon lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want to genetically create a mishmash of Doogie and Nabs, some sort of "The Fly" teleporter situation, only make him tiny so I can keep him in my pocket for everytime I need it.

My very own chibi-Doogienabs. Yes...I would like that very much

What? That's not weird

Salsa

I still have one complaint with the skin

I like when on the top bar it shows you online/in-game/offline at least just with a colored dot

that way you know when Steam is down, or showing up as in-game, or (as in my case) when the ISP fucks up and suddenly you're disconnected

easy to implement too, no idea why he doesnt do it

Mr. Bean's got a net worth of $130 million, surprisingly. I don't think the old lady can beat that.

The point is while consoles may be "holding PC game development back or slowing it down" it's also propping it up financially. Without console multiplatform releases, the triple A publishers wouldn't be investing all of that money into the PC platform alone.

Panda Rin

is there any way to reset the custom images on the steam grid? I put in a bunch last year, and I want the original grid images back.

The point is while consoles may be "holding PC game development back or slowing it down" it's also propping it up financially. Without console multiplatform releases, the triple A publishers wouldn't be investing all of that money into the PC platform alone.

But you can also see that just a Kickstarter financed by the fans can push the graphic and technological boundaries.

Just look at the new animations in Star Citizen. You might wonder why can a "indie"-game have that good animations, such great graphic for almost the same money as an AAA-Game.

Shadownet

Banned
Oh my god. Goodbye Metro for Steam. I'm moving to Air now. Holy Batman. This is beautiful.

Though I don't think I can tell the difference between Light and Dark theme..?

Salsa

Oh my god. Goodbye Metro for Steam. I'm moving to Air now. Holy Batman. This is beautiful.

Though I don't think I can tell the difference between Light and Dark theme..?

background on grid view and such was just white instead of black/gray

it was awful

Shadownet

Banned
Im away from my PC, how do you change the color?
Preview of available focus colors: http://imgur.com/a/rsp8P

Instructions can be found in config.ini which is located in your Air-for-Steam directory:
\Steam\skins\Air-for-Steam\config.ini
Read the instructions carefully and select your preferred color.
Save your changes and restart Steam

That's the instruction taken from the gifhub page.

background on grid view and such was just white instead of black/gray

it was awful
Yeah.. the White theme is like almost blinding. It's a shame you can't use colors in there. Only the header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom