• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afaik the problem is in the code. Actually the code of the game of the game is a mess. It should have been released in February, but because of the horrible code there are a lot of bugs.

As much of a bummer a delays are, at least they have the respect to make a better product for their customers. The Deadly Premonition port really could've used that same care.

Hopefully it ends up being an ace port, 'cause I'd really like to enjoy that game.
How quickly did you uninstall TOR?

EA took that game and just dunked it in a vat of skeeze. There are limits and TOR space bucks micro-transactions on everything.

It'll be a while. Probably by the end of the year when I realise I haven't played it for, like, five months and it's just rotting on my HD.

As much of a bummer a delays are, at least they have the respect to make a better product for their customers. The Deadly Premonition port really could've used that same care.

Hopefully it ends up being an ace port, 'cause I'd really like to enjoy that game.

I am in the Beta, so not sure how much I can say, but I can tell you the people at GL games are really working hard on that.
The problem is the game itself though. The WofS games were never really games that were polished even on consoles before.

def sim

Wow, that Air theme is fantastic. Maybe I won't get tired of it after some time and go back to default.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't reasonable, just that there are circumstances that make the opposite reasonable as well.

Ah sure I'm not trying to tell you your purchase was a mistake.

Haunted

I think Air is an awful skin and people who use it are awful.

a82.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
Did anyone successfully removed the space in between Grid mode in the new Air Theme yet? I've been messing around for 30 mins now and still can't get it. What values did you use?

I am in the Beta, so not sure how much I can say, but I can tell you the people at GL games are really working hard on that.
The problem is the game itself though. The WofS games were never really games that were polished even on consoles before.

Yeah, the Ghostlight team is amazing at what they do. Too bad that they had to work with something in a sorry state :(

Hopefully we'll get good news soon-ish :)

Shadownet

Banned
Play around with the size slider when you are actually in the client.

Well yes, that's what I've been doing but there's still a little, tiny gap left. No matter what I do in the client or what the values I input in the config file.

Also, there isn't a way to lock Grid Mode to what you want it to be right? It will keep going back to default zoom.
there we go

Teach me your magic way, Sorcerer!

Also this instruction from the Github page doesn't make any sense.
Friends online on main client

Open this file in a text editor:
\Steam\skins\Air-for-Steam\Resource\layout
In the layout section, update to height=30 on both of these controls:

I go to the layout folder and there are like 30 files. Which one do I click on to edit this?

def sim

I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong but this is the closest I can get my spacing.

I just followed the instructions posted by salsa earlier.

Interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading to 00 in main steam folder
GridView.DropShadowLeading to 00 in air custom skin folder

I just followed the instructions posted by salsa earlier.

Interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading to 00 in main steam folder
GridView.DropShadowLeading to 00 in air custom skin folder

Match your gamespage_grid config file in the air/resource/layout to the standard Steam config file as well.

Ah I wasn't doing it for the Steam config, just the Air config, thank you.

EDIT: It worked!

Shadownet

Banned
Match your gamespage_grid config file in the air/resource/layout to the standard Steam config file as well.
You're some kind of genius aren't you?
-----------------

Setting interiorspacing to "00" and GridView.DropShadowLeading "00" did the trick.

Now, there isn't any way to lock the Grid View right? It keep going back to default zoom if you restart the client.

didamangi

Air is probably the best looking skin atm but they turn off too many shortcuts that are useful for me. Having to click the main menu for almost everything when it's a one click away in other skins really turn me off of it.

I've been using Pressure and kinda digging it, even with that vista background picture.

MUnited83

For you.
can anyone do a quick upload of the spacing files on some site and send me the link? My computer is not letting me open it with notepad.

Played some more Mordor over the weekend and I still dont get why people said it could be a GOTY of last year. The whole game feels so shallow and even the Nemesis-system... isnt really complex at all.

The gameplay itself still feels like a mix of all popular games mashed together even with late-level skills. The areas are not really memorable and it seems its quite short. Already finished half of the sidequest-stuff after about 5-6 hours.

Played some more Mordor over the weekend and I still dont get why people said it could be a GOTY of last year. The whole game feels so shallow and even the Nemesis-system... isnt really complex at all.

The gameplay itself still feels like a mix of all popular games mashed together even with late-level skills. The areas are not really memorable and it seems its quite short. Already finished half of the sidequest-stuff after about 5-6 hours.

Wait until you get to the ending. You'll be questioning every review.

Honest Review for SoM: 2/5. It's the whisper of a game that could be far better.
Honest Reviews do not reward mediocrity.

Shadownet

Banned
So GRAV? YAY or NAY?

It look pretty interesting despite being in Early Access.

Edit: I'm sorry frosty-sama. <3

But seriously though, have anyone played that game? Any impression?

Momentary

Banned
Wait until you get to the ending. You'll be questioning every review.

Honest Review for SoM: 2/5. It's the whisper of a game that could be far better.
Honest Reviews do not reward mediocrity.

I told a buddy this the other day. I felt this game was rushed and had so much more going for it. They needed to keep this in the oven much longer. It felt like there was meant to be more to this game but they never got around to it. Probably WB telling them to hurry the fuck up.

Shadownet

Banned
I gave in and brought GRAV. See me in space if you wanna play.

Btw, stupid question. But can you do custom colors in the new Air Theme? Like I want a different shade of blue or red.

Grief.exe

they said it won't be on sale till release of early access since day 1

buy it, its great

There's still a few gifts out there from the last New Year's free gift thing if you want to try the trade route. That's how I got my copy for half price.

Having said that, the game is worth the full price. 111 hours played as of this day.

That's one game you won't request paying full price for. Damn it's so good. I tore myself away from it to give it more time in the oven. Probably put in over a good 30 hours into that game already.

Looks cool as hell, I'm excited to jump in and scratch that Rogue-like itch.

Apparently there is a 50% off coupon floating around, I wonder if anyone in the thread has one of those sitting in their inventory.

Shadownet

Banned
it's in the config

They only have preset colors as far as I can see.
//include "resource/colors/sky.styles"
//include "resource/colors/sea.styles"
include "resource/colors/breeze.styles"
//include "resource/colors/slate.styles"
//include "resource/colors/truffle.styles"
//include "resource/colors/gunmetal.styles"
//include "resource/colors/grass.styles"
//include "resource/colors/rose.styles"
//include "resource/colors/cinnabar.styles"
//include "resource/colors/lavender.styles"
//include "resource/colors/lilac.styles"

Status