• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Ground Zeroes was actually a very good value at 9 bucks. Got over 40 hours out of it with the side ops/extra ops and the trials. Missed out on Peace Walker so the back story and tapes helped flesh things out.

pahamrick

So far Pressure has grown on me, I've never much cared for AIR.

by9KgoX.jpg

I told a buddy this the other day. I felt this game was rushed and had so much more going for it. They needed to keep this in the oven much longer. It felt like there was meant to be more to this game but they never got around to it. Probably WB telling them to hurry the fuck up.

The praise for the game in its current state is a double-edged sword from where I'm standing. On one hand, a sequel seems likely. On the other, the barren, half-finished game they delivered is now the standard for the franchise. The sequel will either end up a real winner, fleshing out all of SoM's shortcomings, or a massive, The Force Unleashed 2-shaped potato-bummer..

Salsa

Not A Hero is lookin so great

I hope Axiom Verge shows up on Nuuvem so I have enough to get both. coming out the same day

chronomac

Speaking of Axiom Verge, someone on the Steam forum asked about pixel-scaling options and the dev answered:
It's all 480 x 270, save for the CRT/scanline effects, which are 960 x 540. The graphics settings let you do 1x,2x,3x,4x, or 5x windowed. Fullscreen just stretches to whatever your desktop resolution is and letterboxes if the aspect ratio isn't 16:9.
They also asked about a pre-order discount and he replied to that too:
We decided that we won't have any discounts until October at the earliest; that's our way of fighting the "race to the bottom" that plagues the app store.

The main reason we don't offer a preorder is that preorders don't count towards Steam's accounting of which games get promoted...so if a game gets a lot of preorders, it can actually end up losing sales overall since it won't be seen by as many people.

Salsa

They also asked about a pre-order discount and he replied to that too:

uh boy

$20 straight up

post-28652-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-g2uB.gif

the reasoning seems... weird. It'd be nice to pay something like $17-18 considering the PC port is late due to that Sony exclusivity deal and the game is plenty known by now..

I know about it and I know it's apparently great, but if I didnt and I was just browsing and a game randomly pops up at a hard $20 with no discount knowing most get it and that $15 is a more "standard" price that'd be a tougher sell to me

but more power to him

edit: oh, the PSN version that came before actually did have a discount?

then that's just shitty.

Milamber

Things I found interesting in Nekopara
-This world makes Cat people. Who are basically lower class citizens with less developed IQs.
-However testing can be performed so that certain cat people can in essence function as regular people.
- Cat people functioning as regular people (after the test) is shown with either paperwork or wearing a bell. Guess it's a sort of honor system, since anyone could wear a bell and there was no mention of ID scanning or anything.
-Owning a cat person is apparently not too expensive since there were talks of strays in the game.
- Marrying a cat person is a common practice. Especially due to there being no cross breeding.
-Polygamy is ok with cat spouses in this universe.
-There were talks of Cat people doing illegal things, wonder if this means there's a seedy underbelly with fugitive cat people.
- If they could make cat people, couldn't they make any human/animal crossbreed?
-Cat people while still seen as pets could technically be categorized as slaves.
-Jawmuncher why did you just post all of this? Because really I found the whole universe fairly interesting and kind of wish the story would have been about that. What was there was just typical Anime RomCom stuff which wasn't bad by any means. But when I find the background material that interesting to ponder, it does make me wish the material was more expanded upon.

Thanks again Chariot for the gift.

bEWkeyg.jpg

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Okay.

You should buy it. Play all of the routes because the true ending needs to be experienced.

Go read Cheesecake Recipe's review of it, sums it up pretty well.

Aw <33

They only have preset colors as far as I can see.

You can make your own! Navigate to the skin's folder/Resource/colors/user and open up the numex.styles in notepad, notepad++, sublimetext, etc. You'll see this inside:

Code:
"" {

colors {
		Focus="45 45 45 255"		//dark-grey
		Focus2="214 73 55 255"	//light-red
		Focus3="214 73 55 150"	//light-red
		Focus4="33 33 33 255"		//-5% brightness
	}
}

Use the color picker here to find the R G B values you want and replace them for each of the elements. Save it as "mystyle.styles", so it knows what to load. Then, in the config.ini, add this under the //User contributed themes section:

include "resource/colors/user/mystyle.styles"

Save, then restart Steam. It'll require a few restarts as you get the hang of which part changes which. Be sure to make a backup just in case an update wipes your custom color!

But you can also see that just a Kickstarter financed by the fans can push the graphic and technological boundaries.

Just look at the new animations in Star Citizen. You might wonder why can a "indie"-game have that good animations, such great graphic for almost the same money as an AAA-Game.

That "indie" crowd funded game has a triple A budget in the tens of millions of dollars. It's the exception of crowd funding and will probably make or break the business model going forward depending on how well it's received when it's released. Look at how much enmity Double Fine earned with their missteps with Broken Age and that space base game and they are playing around with significantly less money. Star Citizen needs to live up to whatever insane expectations people have built for it.

Star Citizen doesn't change the fact that no triple A game publisher would fund a game on that scale, 50+ million dollars, on just PC without Sony's and Microsoft's consoles. Look at Valve and Blizzard, arguably two of the biggest PC game developers and publishers left, both are transitioning to becoming strictly free-to-play.

Salsa

uhhh oh shit wait

on the new Air skin, where are the notifications?

edit: apparently I just click right next to my money but.. there's no button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom