• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Disk space required: 13 MB :O

Edit: Yeah, preloaded!

Seems about right:

A screenshot leaked from Witcher 3 Remastered
witcher.jpg

CDPR has betrayed us

madjoki

EKfsZHc.png

Hehe. That's some good compression.

Seems like only one DLC is available for preload. (Temerian Armor Set)

Edit: Actually it's Visual C redistributable only.

For me it's really going to depend on how early acess it really is. They are planning a 2016 console release and using Unreal Engine 4 should make things easier. Since it seems the team all have prior experience.

ABOUT STUDIO WILDCARD
Studio Wildcard was founded in 2014 by Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at
Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie
productions designed for core gamers. With 12 years of industry experience across multiple
independent and studio-backed titles, Jesse has teamed up with other veteran developers for
a Seattle-based development studio that also includes distributed team members across
multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends
to seek out and work with them!

Yeah they have a solid team and the premise seems great, but the scope of what they're aiming for is crazy, I hope they can pull it off, that was one of the best trailers I've seen in a long while, got me really excited for it.

EKfsZHc.png

Hehe. That's some good compression.

Seems like only one DLC is available for preload. (Temerian Armor Set)

Edit: Actually it's Visual C redistributable only.

Downgrade confirmed!!!

Turfster

I don't even care about games any more.

(But you guys should totally buy NEON STRUCT next week and Wildfire when it's released)

Makes sense. They have to have something enticing people to pay instead to go for the almost identical free version.
You can apply for the Alpha/Beta of Ark on the web page
http://www.playark.com/
Done. Visually it looks good but I don't know anything about the dev's track record.
Carnivores HD or how it is going to be named on PC looks to be a solid game though. Still wondering if they will be able to put their game out this month? There's not much new media or even a storepage. I am doubting it.

Arthea

I did this sin, now I have Bloodbath Kavkaz. You can send that c&d their way already, Devolver.

dat Ark, muncher knows people in places it would seem.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Love for Croc, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Gex, the sure-fire sign that you did not own an N64.

Phinor

Action Henk is out of early access and released. I rushed to check the pricing but was greeted by a green banner saying I already own it. I guess Humblde did have a sale on it late last year. Well, anyway, $15 with 10% off for a week but if you are quick, you might get it for $10 via the Humble Widget. Also double pack and soundtrack available.

Dr Dogg

Square Enix picked that up? Forgot they were looking into indie stuff.

Well it's part of their 'Collective' initiative so they're more about promotion of smaller titles than anything else but they're quite active and I get an email about what they've been looking into rough every week.

morningbus

Square Enix picked that up? Forgot they were looking into indie stuff.

"Picked up" in probably the loosest sense of the term. From their Kickstarter:

How is Cherrymochi collaborating with Square Enix?

Earlier this year 94% of the Square Enix Collective's community voted to support Tokyo Dark's development. After that fantastic result Square Enix offered to help us with our crowdfunding efforts.

We are not getting any money from Square Enix.

They are helping us by offering us production advice and providing marketing support.

They are helping you by putting Tokyo Dark and our team through a detailed assessment review. Both Tokyo Dark and Cherrymochi passed Square Enix's assessment. You can feel more secure in backing Tokyo Dark knowing our team, game, schedule and budget have been looked over and approved by Square Enix.

So it's more like, Senpai-soft, please notice me I would eat your poop.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Do F2P games on Steam not count as +1s?
If they do, then Jase will be graced with a glorious +46s by next year~

Besides we don't even know if or what these 46 games are, though it means we get Sonic 1 and 2 remastered, then fuck to the yes, and screw the haters.

Sonic 1 and 2 remastered aren't free to play, though, so I doubt we'll get them. At least I think they're not f2p, don't know for sure.

To be fair, the 46 games seem to be divided between PC and mobile, so who knows if we'll even get more than a few games.

...the Group positions the field of digital game software for smartphones and online PC games as the center of growth and will promptly shift management resources from fields such as packaged game software and amusement machine... In the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016, the number of newly launched titles distributed domestically in the field of digital game software is planned to be 47 (including 1 Pay-to-play type and 46 Free-to-play types).

I just hope, and honestly expect, that more Sega non-f2p PC ports will come along at some point.

Jawmuncher

Well it's part of their 'Collective' initiative so they're more about promotion of smaller titles than anything else but they're quite active and I get an email about what they've been looking into rough every week.

"Picked up" in probably the loosest sense of the term. From their Kickstarter:

So it's more like, Senpai-soft, please notice me I would eat your poop.

Damn they can't even throw them like a bone in terms of funding.

morningbus

Oh, it gets better. From the Square-Enix collective FAQ:

And then it’s into the Funding phase, when we’ll continue to help drive awareness of your campaign as a ‘Square Enix Approved’ project. At the end of the campaign, if you hit or exceed your initial funding target, we’ll ask for 5% of the net funds raised (ie, the amount you receive from Indiegogo or Kickstarter after fees are deducted). This isn’t because we’re trying to use crowdfunding to make money, but it does help us to cover our costs and keep the initial Feedback phase free for everybody. If you don’t hit your target, no fee is payable.

If you’re successful, we may also offer to help distribute your game, which involves getting your game onto PC digital platforms, helping with QA and managing the sales administration. This is in return for 10% of revenue, net of taxes and digital platform fees - but please be aware that if you’ve already started a Greenlight campaign, this probably won’t be possible.

morningbus

I did own both. Crash Bandicoot > Banjo Kazooie. And fuck Donkey Kong 64.

You aren't wrong.

I had to leech off my brother's PS1 and didn't have an N64 either, so trust me, I know this from personal experience.

WHAT. I didn't know it costs money to write up some emails and post about it on facebook.
I wonder if there's some actual concrete data on the advantage of even using them.

I don't think there have been too many games that have made it through and have been put up for purchase yet, so there probably isn't any real data.

As it stands, you'd be better off giving away a few hundred free copies to some Youtubers.

Dr Dogg

Well they're not asking for a massive amount and are almost a quarter of the way towards their initial funding target after a day. Something I'll probably keep an eye on and see how they do and what their further planned stretch goals are.

Tizoc

Sonic 1 and 2 remastered aren't free to play, though, so I doubt we'll get them. At least I think they're not f2p, don't know for sure.

To be fair, the 46 games seem to be divided between PC and mobile, so who knows if we'll even get more than a few games.

I just hope, and honestly expect, that more Sega non-f2p PC ports will come along at some point.

SEGA really needs to quit dicking around and just put their older games on Steam. Like make a list of which games has the best RoI and the least risky and just put that ish on Steam. Release a game like every 3 or 6 months.

Anteater

fuck this vader fight, dude goes into invincible mode at the end and I couldn't damage him >_> going to have to start over

this game is really janky

Knurek

SEGA really needs to quit dicking around and just put their older games on Steam. Like make a list of which games has the best RoI and the least risky and just put that ish on Steam. Release a game like every 3 or 6 months.

That would be the logical thing to do.
Instead we will get 46 Free to Play games this year.

Turfster

Daily Awesomenauts 90% off

Weeklong Active
Weeklong pub sale Strategy Fist Anniversary Sale 80% off

Humble Flash Life is Feudal 33% off
New publisher deals

Shantom

The Tropico 4 DLC is 85% off on the Humble Store. Is any of it apart from Modern Times worth it?

Top of the page edit: Buy Awesomenauts, it's great!

GMG birthday bundles. Only 0,50 cents each!

5th Birthday Pack 1

• Clickr
  • PID
  • Rabbit Hole 3D
  • Rooms: The Main Building
  • Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
  • A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack
  • Battlepaths
  • Ocean City Racing
  • Orborun
  • QuestRun

5th Birthday Pack 2