• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

IDK, saying Happy Birthday to corrosive guy is like asking for frostbite, no? Not to mention I don't have any gift to come with it.
oh well, YOLO
Happy birthday, grumpy person, have a good time

Oops! Sorry.

Army of Tentacles: A Cthulhu Dating Sim!

A lot of the UI and dialogue art is still temp, the game itself will still be a while. Polishing the final bits of code.

Honestly did not expect to be lit up until it the game was 100%. We were not doing so great in the votes. But now we can rock on Steam day one!

I thought you were kidding, apparently you are not... If you want us to play it, just add cheevos, easy as a pie, don't say Klei!
ups too late
I'm kidding! or not (¬‿¬)

Can't pay with my credit card on steam store for some reason, the account has funds and the card is fine since it worked for getting the weekly humble bundle with paypal account linked to it.

Anyone knows what could be the problem with steam not accepting the card? it's weird, used to work fine until just a few days ago. >_<

Kaleinc

Banned
So there it is

Developer Insider: The Witcher 3 Was Downgraded From 2013 List of All Features Taken Out &Why

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-i...-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why
TLDR version. We knew 0-10 people would have interest in our game if we showed them how w3 really looked like (same as w2 basically). So we make this bullshot trailer and say it's realtime ingame, worked like a charm since the stone age.
qbkl1HK.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Can't pay with my credit card on steam store for some reason, the account has funds and the card is fine since it worked for getting the weekly humble bundle with paypal account linked to it.

Anyone knows what could be the problem with steam not accepting the card? it's weird, used to work fine until just a few days ago. >_<
check and recheck your information. pesky numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuPLq8Iayuw

I'd be fucking pissed if I didn't get free shit on my birthday.

Double pissed if there was no cake.
I didn't have cake. I think I had a lot of wine though.

Seriously, I really think that video games companies should release material on their games just after the game has gone gold. It works for Rockstar so it should work for others too.

Video game development, how does it work?

Dr Dogg

To be honest it looks like they are cut form final product so article is still correct :D

But hey at least we will get new beards and armors i guess.

Dex that 'article' is lacking in concrete and consistent explanation as well as not exactly brimming with technical merit. Ambient Occlusion is present in every version (to different degree's of course), smoke and fog are volumes not particles, the mention of blood splatter removed from water is even more curious as where was that shown in the 2013 trailer. Not to mention why give reasons for the omission of some effects/techniques but not others?

Fine if you want to take something at face value, maybe it fits the narrative you believe in but it really begs questioning and why on earth turn to a no name site to spill you guts? Why not mention the omission of colour grading or the sharpen pass that has been removed which was also present in Witcher 2?

dex3108

Seriously, I really think that video games companies should release material on their games just after the game has gone gold. It works for Rockstar so it should work for others too.

Video game development, how does it work?

We don't need to wait that long 3-4 months before release would be ok. And also R* released trailers and videos way before gold state.

Dex that 'article' is lacking in concrete and consistent explanation as well as not exactly brimming with technical merit. Ambient Occlusion is present in every version (to different degree's of course), smoke and fog are volumes not particles, the mention of blood splatter removed from water is even more curious as where was that shown in the 2013 trailer. Not to mention why give reasons for the omission of some effects/techniques but not others?

Fine if you want to take something at face value, maybe it fits the narrative you believe in but it really begs questioning and why on earth turn to a no name site to spill you guts? Why not mention the omission of colour grading or the sharpen pass that has been removed which was also present in Witcher 2?

I already said it that it should be taken with grain of salt. Currently we don't have anything beside screenshot and video comparisons until release day. So everything even on GAF is currently speculation. And that is sad because CDPR and Witcher series was born on PC. i would love to hear CDPR statement after release if downgrade is confirmed but i don;t think that MS an Sony would ever allow them to publicly say that next-gen hardware is weak.

Arthea

Would have been such a perfect fit as well
http://i.imgur.com/UhCD1QQ.jpg[/IMG

I think this at least has a chance of coming here on 3DS. Bigger chance than DQ VII at least.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on it. We had no DQ release in the west for how long now? 5 years?
And even if I liked DQ9 well enough, it suffered greatly from being a DS game, DQ8 is on entirely another level where world is concerned, and it is 10 years old game, sad state of affairs indeed.

Shadownet

Banned
these are good bet, from the TW3 thread
Please don't tell me he got banned for those two posts? Thats ridiculous. He's not even wrong about them.

Edit: just read that supposedly CDPR article. If true, then consoles truly held back this game from being the true vision that CDPR wanted. Shame.

It seem like the game is amazing as it is. It could have look breathtaking. I would have paid to play that version.

wilflare

Witcher 3 should have been a PC exclusive at launch
and ported to consoles a year later or something -like Witcher 2 and its later 360 release-

and yes, I say this owning a PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom