• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Man, the first few pages of that DQVIII thread is a graveyard.

Port begging and system wars only lead to tears, kids.

That's why you read such threads, but never post, simple, works for me

Witcher 3 should have been a PC exclusive at launch
and ported to consoles a year later or something -like Witcher 2 and its later 360 release-

and yes, I say this owning a PS4

nah, if we are against exclusivity, we can make no exceptions. To be released everywhere simultaneously is good for gamers, so we should want that.
As for some platforms holding others back, that's a life, we can do nothing about it.
Are we ecstatic about iOS ports? No. Can we get those games any other way? No, because iOS gaming is this popular.
We can dream that every game is developed with PC in mind and only later ported to other platforms, but that is not gonna happen. So as well, we accept reality and stop being annoyed by things that can't be changed, no?

Shadownet

Banned
We can dream that every game is developed with PC in mind and only later ported to other platforms, but that is not gonna happen. So as well, we accept reality and stop being annoyed by things that can't be changed, no?
I mean just because its a crappy practice doesn't mean people have to accept it.

I mean if this is how things are going to be. CDPR should release an Enhanced Edition for PC users later down the road as a free upgrade.

wilflare

That's why you read such threads, but never post, simple, works for me

nah, if we are against exclusivity, we can make no exceptions. To be released everywhere simultaneously is good for gamers, so we should want that.
As for some platforms holding others back, that's a life, we can do nothing about it.
Are we ecstatic about iOS ports? No. Can we get those games any other way? No, because iOS gaming is this popular.

Arthea, reading your post, I'm reminded of my Vita.
good night, sweet prince -hugs my Vita-

Arthea

I mean just because its a crappy practice doesn't mean people have to accept it.

I mean if this is how things are going to be. CDPR should release an Enhanced Edition for PC users later down the road as a free upgrade.

it's not a crappy practice, from devs standpoint it makes sense. It's OK to want things, as better ports, better optimized games, which is a real problem. It's not OK to insist that PC is most important, it isn't. Devs prefer simple ways and go where money are and always will.

I agree with your second statement, releasing EE for PC is a good solution to this problem, the question is, is it worth the effort? I honestly don't know.

edited: looking at the bright side, mostly games run a lot better for us, we get that much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can't pay with my credit card on steam store for some reason, the account has funds and the card is fine since it worked for getting the weekly humble bundle with paypal account linked to it.

Anyone knows what could be the problem with steam not accepting the card? it's weird, used to work fine until just a few days ago. >_<

The issue may fix itself after a few days. I had a similar problem with PayPal the other week -- Steam was a no-go but it worked fine elsewhere.

Please don't tell me he got banned for those two posts? Thats ridiculous. He's not even wrong about them.

I said they're a good bet, but looking at earlier posts in the thread he even recommended a guy to sell their PS4 and wait for Pascal. System wars can get you banned, and he was fairly elitist about it too. He has done this before and got banned for those too.

wilflare

it's not a crappy practice, from devs standpoint it makes sense. It's OK to want things, as better ports, better optimized games, which is a real problem. It's not OK to insist that PC is most important, it isn't. Devs prefer simple ways and go where money are and always will.

I agree with your second statement, releasing EE for PC is a good solution to this problem, the question is, is it worth the effort? I honestly don't know.

edited: looking at the bright side, mostly games run a lot better for us, we get that much.

looking at the picture, is such a practice healthy for the industry though? I don't have an answer - just throwing this out.

but I do think the idea of an EE is pretty good - and CDPR has a history of doing something like this.

parity? exclusivity? what a time for gaming :/

I do enjoy my console exclusives (especially those on Nintendo platforms) and my handhelds (both Vita and new3DS) - but for multiplatforms, I always go back to the PC so I'm often hoping for the "original vision" to be realised if you get what I mean
but oh well, expectations and dreams are not always met

Arthea

looking at the picture, is such a practice healthy for the industry though? I don't have an answer - just throwing this out.

but I do think the idea of an EE is pretty good - and CDPR has a history of doing something like this.

parity? exclusivity? what a time for gaming :/

I do enjoy my console exclusives (especially those on Nintendo platforms) and my handhelds (both Vita and new3DS) - but for multiplatforms, I always go back to the PC so I'm often hoping for the "original vision" to be realised if you get what I mean
but oh well, expectations and dreams are not always met

I know a lot of things that are unhealthy for industry but became a norm in modern times, I could write a book about it!

I still think it's great time to be a PC gamer, we are getting much more games and more diversity what I think is most important thing for health of any platform.

milena87

CDPR should release an Enhanced Edition for PC users later down the road as a free upgrade.

Who knows? They might actually do it :)

But even if they don't, I think the game still looks great. Yes, it might have been stunning once, but the important thing for me is that they deliver once again on story, characters, decisions and consequences :D

And talking about The Witcher, last night I started The Witcher 2 on Insane again. I died 3 times during the prologue: first against the dragon, then against a stupid soldier and last against... the fire at camp right at the beginning...
Anyway, I finally managed to get to Flotsam again. Yay! Tonight I'll try not to die by the troll like the last time I managed to make it this far.

The issue may fix itself after a few days. I had a similar problem with PayPal the other week -- Steam was a no-go but it worked fine elsewhere.

Yes, fixed by itself, I tried a couple hours later and it worked, and the bank checked and they said they didn't deny the previous attempts, they didn't even get them, so it must have been some steam issue not properly connecting to the bank.

Weird stuff, but I'm glad it finally worked, wanted to gift something to frosty for his birthday and managed to do it :)

Chariot

why is it in western-based games everyone is disinterested, angry, or gloomy
Smiling isn't manly enough

43i9tLV.gif

Kaleinc

Banned
Edit: just read that supposedly CDPR article. If true, then consoles truly held back this game from being the true vision that CDPR wanted. Shame.

It seem like the game is amazing as it is. It could have look breathtaking. I would have paid to play that version.
CDPR was free to decide how to handle all platforms and I don't see how this is consoles' fault. Even more so being its own publisher excludes any unwarranted interference.

dex3108

Ok guys, I belive a word of clarification is required. These are just rumors, and as we've said before we don't comment on such. Secondly you have to remember that our game is a big release - a lot of people have been anticipating it and quite a few would like to gain some publicity from it even when it means talking about things which are not true. Wild Hunt comes out in a few days and you will be able to find out for yourself if the game is up to your standards. We believe so - we've worked really hard for 3 years to deliver you best possible experience - we love The Witcher as much as you do. To conlude we'd rather have you focus on the game and the fact that it's going to be in your hand in a matter of days. And one more thing - whenever we say something officially, we always put a person behind it.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...cs-downgrade?p=1651257&viewfull=1#post1651257

So they really don't want to address concerns before release. Wait for release and see.

Arthea

why is it in western-based games everyone is disinterested, angry, or gloomy

That's a question I would want to know answer a lot for the longest time too.
Why no happy go lucky characters of any importance? What's wrong with us? Or cuties? Or silly yet charming, well, we have clueless Rufus to fill that void, but Deponia is a comedic game, so it hardly counts.
by us I mean the west.

STEAM | May 2015 - The Official Witcher 3 Downgrade Thread
oh god no, please no
We are doomed

wilflare

That's a question I would want to know answer a lot for the longest time too.
Why no happy go lucky characters of any importance? What's wrong with us? Or cuties? Or silly yet charming, well, we have clueless Rufus to fill that void, but Deponia is a comedic game, so it hardly counts.
by us I mean the west.

oh god no, please no
We are doomed

it's not manly enough
and violence sells better in the West? right?

what am i saying
it's time to stop posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom