• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: I think Chronicles is strictly co-op though. No throwing your friends into fire pits or giant fans by the scruff of their goddamned necks because they totally deserve it
Ah yeah I'm only looking for ones with a competitive mode, like Gang Beasts. I love that there is such unique stuff out on Steam that I've never heard of however.

Zeknurn

I believe you have to log into your GMG account to trigger an update. If you don't see any added credit to your account within 24 hours, then I would create a ticket.

I tried logging in and out several times and the buy the free trial of Eve Online with no luck. Thanks though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't get a birthday shout-out from JaseC?

Oh, I see how it is, you Western Australian.

race_anger_narrowweb__300x407,0.jpg

omg how dare u

What're good mods to apply to Witcher 1 to improve its visuals?

Poke around in here for suggestions.

Anteater

I never played MMOs on consoles, seems like a bad idea, but I never knew it's a thing on consoles. How you even input a key on PS2 for example, kindly tell me.

simplest way is by plugging in a keyboard =P ps2 supports usb keyboards as far as I know, that's how people played ffxi

or you'll need to use a virtual one

milena87

I believe your experience may be very different from, say those who have read or are currently reading the books or watching the TV series to be honest. I think we all have some sort of backlog and this was a game I wanted to clean from it so I'm glad I managed to finish it.

It's still understandable for people not familiar with the lore, right? If it's something like The Witcher I should be fine.
It's true that I've enjoyed The Witcher games more after reading the books, but even before reading them I wasn't particularly lost.

Because I do have most of the books for ASoIaF and I have the first 3 seasons of the show on Blu Ray, but I don't see myself reading or watching them anytime soon.

You clearly didn't understand the deep political criticism of a post-soviet city with people talking like Balkanian native speakers trying to fake an heavy Emilian accent.

Ok, I laughed. My colleagues are looking at me.

This is quite clever. Not entering but certainty filled the missing morning sudoku void.

Gimme a sec. ;P

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NaissanceE -- MB-4F6E9A535705E001 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total. Trivia Question: Refer to post 8803 What number is in the red circle?

t1431603527z1.png

Dr Dogg

I know most of my European geography from football. Then again we're not allowed to talk about that so as a diversion looks like Gears of War Spit and Polish edition exists. Somehow I get the feeling as much as MS want to 'continue the conversation about PC. (I don't think soundbites constitute a conversation Mr Spencer) I doubt Windows is going to get thrown a bone here.

Gimme a sec. ;P

Hahaha. I wonder how many people will just try and guess. Well it's a 1 in 9 chance I suppose.

dex3108

I know most of my European geography from football. Then again we're not allowed to talk about that so as a diversion looks like Gears of War Spit and Polish edition exists. Somehow I get the feeling as much as MS want to 'continue the conversation about PC. (I don't think soundbites constitute a conversation Mr Spencer) I doubt Windows is going to get thrown a bone here.

Maybe we will get GoW Remaster. Nah who am i kidding X1 sales are really low there is no chance that MS would release their Golden Goose on PC in this situation.

madjoki

Happy Birthday to you as well.
Happy birthday, shaded one!
HBDY 2U!!!!
Happy birthday to you as well Madjoki!
Happy birthday madjoki!

Thanks!

Edit:

Happy birthday to both of you, hope today was great for you guys.
Happy Birthday JaseC, madjoki, corrosivefrost!
Happy B-Day :D

Thanks to you too.

Dr Dogg

http://i.imgur.com/AC9CFbi.jpg[/MG]

Finally finished making bead sprites of my favorite blue bomber[/QUOTE]

As cool as these are all I can see in the rogue Sugar Puff to the bottom right :p

[quote="dex3108, post: 163904692"]Maybe we will get GoW Remaster. Nah who am i kidding X1 sales are really low there is no chance that MS would release their Golden Goose on PC in this situation.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure we'll get it right after The Master Chief Collection.

Arthea

Have you seen the stipulation in the first goal at £35k? I wouldn't call this funded until they hit the £150k+ mark. Poorly managed campaign sadly.

It's worded in such a way, that I thought they'll make a game even if they get only £35k. I didn't read all of it. Did I miss something? I don't even see stretch goals.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of hohoXD123, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hohoXD123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life is Strange Complete Season Pass -- MB-507CE8EDA05F29ED - Taken by Se7enSword. 52 entrants total.

t1431637365z1.png

Lain

I never played MMOs on consoles, seems like a bad idea, but I never knew it's a thing on consoles. How you even input a key on PS2 for example, kindly tell me.

Same way you input a key on consoles, either you hook up a keyboard (if they support it) and type it in, or you use the virtual keyboard and type it in.

Arthea

Same way you input a key on consoles, either you hook up a keyboard (if they support it) and type it in, or you use the virtual keyboard and type it in.

IDK, maybe my PS2 is very old, but no such thing is possible to my knowledge, no usb ports too, at least I don't remember it having any, and UI allows no interactivity of any kind, except deleting files from memcard.
or I already forgot and am confusing it with PS, haven't booted both in a long time

Black Desert is so from another world.

If it's possible to create this kind of image quality for mmo, why can't devs pull it off for single player games?

Oh, happy birthday for JaseC and madjoki~! :D

oh, Black desert! My "the character creator a game" no1. Is it released for the west already?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of hohoXD123, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hohoXD123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life is Strange Complete Season Pass -- MB-507CE8EDA05F29ED - Taken by Se7enSword. 52 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Life is Strange Complete Season Pass was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1431638445z1.png

Dr Dogg

It's worded in such a way, that I thought they'll make a game even if they get only £35k. I didn't read all of it. Did I miss something? I don't even see stretch goals.

There will be a console version by mid 2016 if they reach £100k funding, a PC version for later 2016 for £150k but all £35k is offering is a commitment that they will take it upon themselves to crack on in a guerilla-style, low paid kind of way and that this is set as a baseline for them to get the project off the ground and hope they can secure further funding later on. This is there direct quote at the top of the Kickstarter

We will continue to get investment and put in our own money to make this work. £35k means we can keep going as we are (with the directors working for free) and we will get there, but the road will likely have a few twists and turns.

To me that's really risky and not something I want to be taking a gamble on. There doesn't seem to be much conviction that they can secure enough funding not to work for free/peanuts and deliver a full game rather than a toned down version to help them push on to the next level. Then the confusion at the start over how many of the team which while they are bunch of ex-Psygnosis Leeds devs but how many were involved in previous Wip3out's and their specific involvement wasn't exactly a good start in my eyes.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ubinota -- MB-52774C7040012E57 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.

t1431596506z1.png

Arthea

There will be a console version by mid 2016 if they reach £100k funding, a PC version for later 2016 for £150k but all £35k is offering is a commitment that they will take it upon themselves to crack on in a guerilla-style, low paid kind of way and that this is set as a baseline for them to get the project off the ground and hope they can secure further funding later on. This is there direct quote at the top of the Kickstarter

To me that's really risky and not something I want to be taking a gamble on. There doesn't seem to be much conviction that they can secure enough funding not to work for free/peanuts and deliver a full game rather than a toned down version to help them push on to the next level. Then the confusion at the start over how many of the team which while they are bunch of ex-Psygnosis Leeds devs but how many were involved in previous Wip3out's and their specific involvement wasn't exactly a good start in my eyes.

Well, in my eyes every kickstarter is a risky thing. Hopefully they'll get funding they need to actually make a game and release on steam, but I think they'll go EA way.
Anyway, the world needs Wipeout, there is no denying that!

edited:
in other news, I just noticed that I hit 40% completion on steam (44 perfect games)! yahoo!
It's all nice and dandy but by doing this I realised that completing games is not my thing. I have to struggle with my urges to start a new game every second day a bit too much for my liking. Maybe I need to embrace my nature and give up on the whole idea. I'll stick with my resolution this year, because of 52 games challenge but if situation will persist, I'll just revert to old me next year.

kurahador

Black Desert is so from another world.

If it's possible to create this kind of image quality for mmo, why can't devs pull it off for single player games?

Experience developers, different engines, time, money...etc.
Black Desert has been in development for quite a while already.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shutter -- MB-0E9D51323BAB7217 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total. Trivia Question: Refer to post 8753 for Q1?
The World Named Fred -- MB-FC9EE920D6848DC0 Trivia Question: Refer to post 8753 for Q4?
Cubicle Quest -- MB-BDE0B5E4FF1635B3 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total. Trivia Question: Refer to post 8753 for Q3?
Dark Scavenger -- MB-44BBF8D8A1CDD212 - Taken by auroragoryalice. 1 entrants total. Trivia Question: Refer to post 8753 for Q2?

t1431600167z1.png

Lain

IDK, maybe my PS2 is very old, but no such thing is possible to my knowledge, no usb ports too, at least I don't remember it having any, and UI allows no interactivity of any kind, except deleting files from memcard.
or I already forgot and am confusing it with PS, haven't booted both in a long time

I think you're confusing it with the PS1. The PS2 had 2 usb ports and supported most mouse and keyboards. The PS1 didn't have usb ports, so for example I had to buy a Sony mouse for it which I used to play Syndicate Wars.

Dr Dogg

Well, in my eyes every kickstarter is a risky thing. Hopefully they'll get funding they need to actually make a game and release on steam, but I think they'll go EA way.
Anyway, the world needs Wipeout, there is no denying that!

Oh of course, doesn't help some folks see crowdfunding as just an extension of preordering and not what it is, helping to fund game development or even to gauge intrest to potential investors that your product/idea is viable and enough peeps want it. In the Bloodstained thread some were put off by the projected release date of early 2016 which considering they have nothing, not even a protype to get a game like that up, running and out in under a year would be insane. Personally I don't think they will be anywhere near that date but that's based on everything I've previously help fund and seen release date get pushed back as development goes on, it's to be expected.

For me crowdfunding is still one of the best thing to happen in gaming in recent years as it's brought back the mid tier game. Titles no big publisher can be bothered about not because they don't have an audience or won't be profitable but because they don't sell 10 million and make the company enough money that the tea boy can buy a diamond encrusted yacht. The audience for cRPG's never died likewise with other ostracised genres, there just wasn't enough of them that big publishers to set their 600+ man teams on for scant returns.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Pahelika: Revelations HD -- MB-12A007648C2888D4 - Taken by spindoctor
ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Racer 8 -- MB-0627CA8BE6062F06 - Taken by Backlogger
Doorways: The Underworld -- MB-7B136634EA6FE45F - Taken by fuzzy123
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-59F493FBEAEE9C10 - Taken by Avinexus
Dark Shadows: Army of Evil -- MB-7A22D653A00EEEE7 - Taken by nightstorm
Gunslugs 2 -- MB-45F40EFB9012B32B - Taken by thereisnoif
Project Night -- MB-890F8C114B289E63 - Taken by Maniac
Pirates vs Corsairs: Davy Jones' Gold -- MB-36A0B332A877F1D2 - Taken by Kifimbo
Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-EFF24CEB36E71A5D - Taken by xGreg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom