• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Don't know if this is a good price but a site called Gamedealdaily has Mortal Kombat X (Steam) for $19.75.
They also have The Last of US Remastered PS4 for $12.49.
I've bought Far Cry 4 for PS4 there some months ago, without problems.

Jawmuncher

Already expected this.
Metal_Gear_Solid_Mobile_Title_Screen.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crimsonheadGCN, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

EfagyaM.png
Smite Beta (Xbox One) -- MB-7BC19DF914FE17B6

t1431611327z1.png

Jadax

Same, I had the GoG code as I bought a 980 3 weeks ago. I sold it, then bought the steam version. Weird.
It's almost an addiction - I want to keep adding games to my account, even though I barely play games anymore.

I would say you could buy a gift copy of the GOG version on the cheap and then sell it for a profit on, say, eBay (assuming GOG's gift system is similar to that of Steam), but that's no longer possible.
Yep, I was actually offered the gog version for 6k, but turned it down because I'm looking to get it on steam. Can't wait for the summer sale :)

Already expected this.
Metal_Gear_Solid_Mobile_Title_Screen.png

well, it can't be any worse than this

I've been thinking lately. Many games get criticized a lot for "downgrades" or being too linear etc. but when I look back 15-20 years, I can't help being baffled how much has advanced in gaming. It's crazy really.

But still I think it is the "first time experiences" that last a long , sometimes life-long impression. Even if current games surpass them.
Makes me think that I myself got jaded or unsatisfiable, hah.

My question for you guys is, which games do you think, released in the past 6 years, will become "classics" in the future? In the vein of System Shock 2 I mean.

The first real downgrade i remember seeing is MGS4, funny enough. I just assume that any trailer footage that is from a game that is years out is just target videos and am never surprised when amazing looking stuff shown years ago just ends up being above-average looking when it launches. Better to set low expectations and come away impressed than to have high expectations and almost always be disappointed.

though i suppose that's just good advice for life in general.

and regarding classics, I think TW2 should be among them just for what it does with its branching narratives. Which is why im cautiously excited for TW3.

I've been thinking lately. Many games get criticized a lot for "downgrades" or being too linear etc. but when I look back 15-20 years, I can't help being baffled how much has advanced in gaming. It's crazy really.

But still I think it is the "first time experiences" that last a long , sometimes life-long impression. Even if current games surpass them.

My question for you guys is, which games do you think, released in the past 6 years, will become "classics" in the future? In the vein of System Shock 2 I mean.

pahamrick

I love the Devolver Digital streams where they don't meet the viewer requirements to hand out keys, and then the stream ends.

So many people freaking out about no keys.

Dr Dogg

...the fuck is going on here

Don't ask me. I had Go West stuck in my head and now I've stumbled down an 80's pop music YouTube wormhole. Oddly been more productive the last half an hour though.

Don't get sucked into the media circus and enjoy games with as little prior knowledge/markeing materials as possible to come to a purchasing decision and suddenly games become fun again and not spot the difference exercises.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I love the Devolver Digital streams where they don't meet the viewer requirements to hand out keys, and then the stream ends.

So many people freaking out about no keys.

You can hear Fork Parker cackling away from his lush penthouse office suite, with copies of the codes written on paper, burning to ash in the fireplace behind him.

Milamber

Don't ask me. I had Go West stuck in my head and now I've stumbled down an 80's pop music YouTube wormhole. Oddly been more productive the last half an hour though.

Huh, what a coincidence. I saw one of those Mayan Pyramid plastic lamp shades at the super at lunch today and put on top of my head and sang Go West.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Hope whoever gets it enjoys it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blizniak, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-12E5FECD3AD45718 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1431619907z1.png

I think Fez has a shot at becoming a classic, mainly due to a lot of the circumstances that surrounded the game. The mythology of something can steer it toward a revered state much more heavily than sales or universal appeal. The first Velvet Underground record comes to mind.

It would also depend on the shift game appreciation takes. Namely, will we continue to appreciate the meticulously crafted over mass market flashy? Or are we on the cusp of a new technology (not VR, please not VR) that will make these redundant? Will those types of games get pushed into an insular "art house" community that will prove off-putting more than anything else?

If the trend keeps going toward boosting small dev, I think Fez could hit that status. Whether it's deserved or not is always up for debate.

Personally, I think Braid is an immediate classic for me and a game I will always look at fondly. It just misses the 6 year mark, though (PC) and misses it by a whole year on initial release.

Namely, will we continue to appreciate the meticulously crafted over mass market flashy?

Who is "we"? Because I'm pretty sure "we" is the wrong group of people who will decide such things. "We" get to call System Shock 2 the greatest. The new "we" gets to talk about how brilliant it is that Dragon Age Inquisition has so much content, or how chatting up a fake bird is awesome while posting endlessly about anime bullshit in the steam thread.

"We" have had our day.

Also Demons/Dark Souls.

I do feel that some pubs/devs might actually enjoy debate about visuals - whether positive or negative. In the end people talk about your game. Pubs don't throw millions of dollars to get their products more visibility for nothing.

Doc is right though and I feel the same. Trailers and teasers should not be taken too seriously. Games need several years of devtime, so how could anyone expect every early trailer to be representative of a game which most likely in reality is still a totally incomplete work-in-progress?

Playing "older" games from time to time really helps appreciate more current games.

As for "new classics" I agree with todd. Souls is definitely a classic in the making.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What is the cheapest place to get Dying Light? Could it be in the next Steam sale (when is that BTW)?

GMG with a discount code (it's not on Nuuvem). The Summer Sale is either next month or July. Somebody recently theorised that the Summer Sale was held in June last year because of the Dota 2 tournament being in July, meaning the Summer Sale returning to July is probable due to this year's Dota 2 tournament being in August, which I hope proves to be accurate.

Anustart

Dunno if anyone would want it, but I have Witcher 3 ce preordered on amazon, and I won't have the money for it once it releases due to life.

If it's possible I'd see if anyone here wanted me to have the shipping changed and they paid, just so it's not just lost in limbo when I can't pay, should go to someone who wants it.

Lemme know if anyone does.

M.D

GMG with a discount code (it's not on Nuuvem). The Summer Sale is either next month or July. Somebody recently theorised that the Summer Sale was held in June last year because of the Dota 2 tournament being in July, meaning the Summer Sale returning to July is probable due to this year's Dota 2 tournament being in August, which I hope proves to be accurate.

Thanks!

I won't bite at this price, hopefully it gets a decent discount when the sale does happen

playing devil's advocate here: anytime you get a gift or trade for a game, this is part of the risk associated with making a trade with a random person. I'm not sayin' that G2A are not somewhat at fault here, but you should know what you're getting into when you enter that type of transaction.

Also, why the hell is someone even buying a steam key for GTAV on G2A? You're saving like ~$6-7 but taking on a hugeeeeeee risk. Don't be an idiot, just buy it from a legit seller or on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom