• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Awww man, my 'bumming around the house and definitely not for outside' pair of shorts just spluttered, exploded and fell off my body into a pile of multiple rags. I've had these since primary school.

RIP in piece 20 year old shorts. We had some good, lazy times.

tumblr_nif0ymeGe21tgisego1_500.gif

baterism

Konami is in the business of making money off of games.

In Japan, there is an increasingly undeniable trend of mobile gaming being where the money is currently at, with console sales being anemic compared to where they were a decade or so ago.

You can give them shit for how they're handling the Kojima Productions stuff, sure, but when even Dragon Quest is seeing several of its games coming out on the mobile platforms you know that it is a platform to be reckoned with

I kinda feel, Japan will be the one who will first leave console, skip PC, and go straight to cloud based gaming. They have the infrastructure and demographic that seemed open to new stuff.

And I heard Japaneses are stubborn and slow to change. This whole mobile stuffs shake things a lot. I wonder what Ninty has in their sleeves apart from DeNa co-op.

chronomac

No you are not missing anything but Bethesda and Square/Nintendo times are not correct as far as i know. I am making E3 Schedule with Stream links that i will post in this thread so don't worry :D

I double-checked and Bethesda's right but Nintendo and SE weren't so I corrected those.

maty

Hopefully it's longer and less repetitive.

And good this time, rather than just nostalgia-bait.

Agreed. I would also prefer if the 2D and 3D world where used in a similar way to A link to the past light and dark world right from the start instead of being locked to a specific section. This was only used in 1 part in the 1st game and it was quite simple.

The 2D sections do look good and the 3D improved.

I can see lots of stuff straight from other games and media (ss goku, street fighter, bomberman, layton) and probably much more I don't recognize. There is even a charachter/monster that looks identical to a HUNTERxHUNTER monster.

GaussTek

The music reminds me the games from Falcom. I like it!!

Speaking of Falcom, yesterday I found out that there are two Sora no Kiseki (Trails in the Sky) OVAs available out there. However, when I was watching the first minute I realized that it takes place after TitS FC... FUUUUUUU (almost spoiled myself). Oh well, I guess I'll watch them after I finish SC (hope it doesn't take too long to come out).

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

COLONIES ONLINE -- MB-CF967D0F4A54F324 - Taken by bluechox2
TOP HAT -- MB-235AF2CDBBAEBA29 - Taken by madjoki
INNERCUBE -- MB-779FC1319F15A033 - Taken by redlacs
BOXESWITHGUNS -- MB-D4A7C51F3D5ECA3F

Dr Dogg

If it originates from Chip Hell, WCCF Tech, VideoCardz or the myriad of other sites that do nothing but sprout nonsense treat it at just that. Technically the R9 390X is nothing more than a hypothetical card at the moment but that hasn't stopped some 'sources' to not just have one on hand but full fat GM200 and cut down variants at the same time months before the Titan X was official.

Wait until something shows up in HWBot or the other hardware benching sites, that's usually how cards leak for realsies.

i've been thinking of using MSI afterburner to OC my gtx 770. Does the card allow for some decent gains via OCing?

My laptop had a 550m and that thing OC'd like a monster.

bluechox2

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-1B3787F42912426B - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.

t1431620207z1.png

freebie

madjoki

functionally, there's no difference right?
I just have to manually input all those details under the settings.txt?

my PC is down for now

I think old version doesn't work if you have multiple pages of badges / cards.
That's why I had to update to newer one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
functionally, there's no difference right?
I just have to manually input all those details under the settings.txt?

my PC is down for now

There are a few things that the newer version can do that the older can't, such as pausing idling, moving to the next game, etc. But as a "set it and forget it" solution, it still works fine.

Happy Gigantic Spider Day, JaseC!

Congrats corrosivefrost!
and StingX2, but I don't think he posts here

Thanks, dude.

Ahh, the game so nice, I bought it twice (rounding out to full price, even) so I could play it on Vita after getting the PC version on launch to support the devs.
Yeah, I owned two copies, I was just not aware that nep nep = HyperDimension Neptunia.

Just like it took me a few minutes to figure out what the hell the old codger was talking about with SPES MAHREEN.

Roll7 is playing NOT A HERO on Twitch. When they hit 100 viewers they'll give away codes http://www.twitch.tv/devolverdigital

Install is live. Going to try it out soon.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Shadows on the Vatican Act I: Greed -- MB-CF36B7C80919D257 - Taken by Cyldman

bluechox2

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Frozen Hearth -- MB-AB6396FCF137D806

t1431620867z1.png

another

yuraya

Konami is in the business of making money off of games.

In Japan, there is an increasingly undeniable trend of mobile gaming being where the money is currently at, with console sales being anemic compared to where they were a decade or so ago.

You can give them shit for how they're handling the Kojima Productions stuff, sure, but when even Dragon Quest is seeing several of its games coming out on the mobile platforms you know that it is a platform to be reckoned with

Yea mobile is going to be a monster in the coming years. Its crazy to think that Android and iOS didn't even exist when the PS360 gen started. And look at them now. The growth is insane.

Anyways whatever Konami does going forward I just hope they preserve their legacy and not just bury it all. Release Silent hill, MGS and Castlevania collections on steam pls.

I want to see the reviews and pricing on the 390X once it's actually released. Everything sounds great right now and on paper it should be nice but I wanna see actual results. Not that I'm in any shape right now to afford one...but maybe down the line.

As a thank you to all the generous GAFers who stepped up and gifted me something admist the FreshVeggie rumour that it was my birthday earlier this week as well as to those that just wished me well in light of his words, I'm going to do a little something to pay it forward:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NOT A HERO -- MB-71C21A251D5CE9F2 - Taken by Atraveller. 30 entrants total.

t1431631967z1.png

Dr Dogg

You know sitting here with The Witcher 3 technically on my PC ready to play isn't helping. Might be time for a run through Watch Dogs again. Now do I go for...
4K said:
or...
21:9 said:
Decisions, decisions #PCWorldProblems

Fake edit: Don't click that 3840x2160 shot unless you want your screen taken over.

Hey UKGAF is Earl Grey Tea from Ahmad Tea any good? :D

I hate Earl Grey but Ahmad are quite well know. Though I usually get my tea from Whittard or the crazy woman who runs an independent shop in Bath.

Turfster

Amazon has (physical) Dragon Age Inquisition 50% off, The Sims 4 50% off and AssUnitard 63% off

Gamersgate is having a Kalypso Weekend, 75% off

Current humble flash is Goat Simulator 67% off, 20 more minutes

Indiegamestand has Unrest for 1$+
Buy this, you guys.

You know sitting here with The Witcher 3 technically on my PC ready to play isn't helping. Might be time for a run through Watch Dogs again.
You have problems, son ;)

As a thank you to all the generous GAFers who stepped up and gifted me something admist the FreshVeggie rumour that it was my birthday earlier this week as well as to those that just wished me well in light of his words, I'm going to do a little something to pay it forward:
Nice! Not my cup (for now) but I know many are anticipating this game here.

Good that you did PIF. Hoping to grab something ;)
You know sitting here with The Witcher 3 technically on my PC ready to play isn't helping. Might be time for a run through Watch Dogs again. Now do I go for...

or...

Decisions, decisions #PCWorldProblems

Fake edit: Don't click that 3840x2160 shot unless you want your screen taken over.
4K is huuuuuge! :O

And here I am, still playing on 1366x768 Benq monito -_-'

On that, what do I have to take care when buying a 1080p monitor? I have no clue what is important and what not.

egg and bacon

ModBot said:
Instructions for TheAutomator:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Karmaflow: The Rock Opera Videogame - Act I -- MB-B5D0C37F0A39D8A3 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.

t1431623087z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom