• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is "we"? Because I'm pretty sure "we" is the wrong group of people who will decide such things. "We" get to call System Shock 2 the greatest. The new "we" gets to talk about how brilliant it is that Dragon Age Inquisition has so much content, or how chatting up a fake bird is awesome while posting endlessly about anime bullshit in the steam thread.

"We" have had our day.

Also Demons/Dark Souls.

Dude... it's morning over here in US East. It's way too early for me to accept the reality of being crusty and old. I need a little idealism with my coffee.

Let me think I'm the "we" for just a little while longer. I'll pass that torch, eventually. More likely, it'll be taken.

Yeah, you're right.

EDIT:

Revisiting this. I think this is still par for the course.

The vast majority of people will claim XXXXX (Firefly, Freaks and Geeks, whatever) is the greatest show ever and couldn't understand why it got cancelled, while the reality is that everybody was actually yucking it up with some ghastly, unwatchable shit like Friends. The bestselling record in the US the year the first Velvet album came out was "More of the Monkees."

If there's a current of games taking influence from what we (meaning you and I, not the new we) call classics, that's where the real vein of creativity can possibly head. Inquisition will go the way of the Monkees. We and the new we will remember it the way we remember them... "They were, uh, popular?"

We can be the we, still.

Lord of the Rings War in the North looks more hack and slash than an RPG, guess I'll play that next

It's a loot-RPG that plays as a pretty decent hack and slash. I played it coop with my brother and we really enjoyed it for what it was. But it's definitely got some loot stuff in there.

Anteater

iT'S ok from what little I played but it didn't catch my interest :/

yeah looks sorta generic from just watching videos, but I guess I'll give it a try, I usually end up enjoying hack and slash games

Super fun in coop mode and IMO better Diablo game than Diablo 3.

It's a loot-RPG that plays as a pretty decent hack and slash. I played it coop with my brother and we really enjoyed it for what it was. But it's definitely got some loot stuff in there.

hmm I wonder how soloing will be, I read that you can't really switch party members or level them until you reach a checkpoint or something

Tizoc

Actually now that you mention it, this kind of game would be best played co-op.

Was that a Layton 'Oi've solved the puzzle' scene there?

Yeah, it was.

I don't mind that it's no longer an RPG history, and game genre mishmashes can be fun, as long as there's a little depth to it. I found the trailer pretty exciting. It *looks* like they've learned something after the first one? But we'll have to see once it's actually released.

hohoXD123

Repost~~~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hohoXD123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Life is Strange Complete Season Pass -- MB-507CE8EDA05F29ED - Taken by Se7enSword. 52 entrants total.

t1431638445z1.png

Nzyme32

Made the school boy error of not checking that I already owned this, before entering for the key
ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nzyme32, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Rise of the Triad (GOG) -- MB-0F2325334A31892E - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.

t1431623267z1.png

rtcn63

Key should work, regular (non-ultimate) edition from Humble

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- No waifus daily. If you posted an image of a waifu in the last day, you are denied son.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age Origins -- MB-F3AD1F5C2C1B6E44 - Taken by Cyldman. 1 entrants total.

t1431613607z1.png

oipic

I tend to be LTTP with birthdays, and a bit shy in saying anything in case I'm like a day late or something...

...but with the best part of a few hours still to go: Happy Birthday, resident guru Jase! Hope you've had a great day, mate. It's as good a time as any to thank you again for all the knowledge, insight, and general goodness you share so willingly here - it is appreciated, cheers. :)

saoirse_high_five.gif

NOT A HERO seems to be out.

Almost finished Flame Over.

Grabbed 3D Thunder Blade.

Three hours 'til Axiom Verge.

yeah...Not A Hero is out but none of the Special Edition bonuses downloaded at all so I don't know what's going on with that...waiting to see what Roll 7/Devolver Digital has to say about it but nothing so far

derExperte

I don't think I ever made it farther than 4-2. My respect to everyone that managed to complete it.

By 'almost' I meant 4-2. ;) Ran out of time and I'm crap at avoiding the ghost. But it was a bad run overall, couldn't complete most of the missions because the quest giver died so I was missing a few minutes.

Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Canabalt -- MB-210604816F116077 - Taken by Nabs
Contraption Maker -- MB-F6C74C32DA0635BB - Taken by NingenJanai
Pixel Piracy -- MB-29ADEAEE83B46D98 - Taken by Vlad

yuraya

That Konami thread makes me so upset. One of my all time favorite pubs is turning into such a shell of its former self :(

Good thing MGSV is at least still coming and thank god its coming to pc. Rip Konami after sept. You will be missed and thanks for all the memories in the 90s.

That Konami thread makes me so upset. One of my all time favorite pubs is turning into such a shell of its former self :(

Good thing MGSV is at least still coming and thank god its coming to pc. Rip Konami after sept. You will be missed and thanks for all the memories in the 90s.

Konami is in the business of making money off of games.

In Japan, there is an increasingly undeniable trend of mobile gaming being where the money is currently at, with console sales being anemic compared to where they were a decade or so ago.

You can give them shit for how they're handling the Kojima Productions stuff, sure, but when even Dragon Quest is seeing several of its games coming out on the mobile platforms you know that it is a platform to be reckoned with

Erekiddo

Before I pull the trigger on it, Axiom Verge is staying at $19.99 right?

I don't want to buy it now just to find out a potential discount hasn't applied yet.

i dont do bday posts, but without intending to do so i took my usual day or two off for a long weekend on my bday and e3 just happens to land on those days this year. Gonna spend some of that staycation time watching giant bomb watch e3 while i probably eat way too much pizza.

Dead Space 3 sure is boring. Bro-op horror is something only EA would consider a good idea.

Dead Space 3; or, It's Not Dead Yet: Stomp To Confirm Edition.

And good this time, rather than just nostalgia-bait.

I really don't want to have to play it, even though i own it, but i gotta know the end of the story!

chronomac

MS announced E3 conference time :D No if Sony would be kind and announced their times today or tomorrow that would be nice :D

This is the schedule,as I know it:

Bethesda - Sunday, June 14 at 7 PM PDT
Microsoft - Monday, June 15 at 9:30 AM PDT
EA - Monday, June 15 at 1 PM PDT
Ubisoft - Monday, June 15 at 3 PM PDT
Nintendo - Tuesday, June 16th at 9 AM PDT
Square Enix - Tuesday, June 16th at 9 AM PDT
PC Gaming - Tuesday, June 16 at 5 PM PT

Am I missing anything?

dex3108

New GMG deals. Kane & Lynch games are cheap if you want to complete collection.

This is the schedule,as I know it:

Bethesda - Sunday, June 14 at 7 PM PDT
Microsoft - Monday, June 15 at 9:30 AM PDT
EA - Monday, June 15 at 1 PM PDT
Ubisoft - Monday, June 15 at 3 PM PDT
Nintendo - Tuesday, June 16th at 3 PM PDT
Square Enix - Tuesday, June 16th at 3 PM PDT
PC Gaming - Tuesday, June 16 at 5 PM PT

Am I missing anything?

No you are not missing anything but Bethesda and Square/Nintendo times are not correct as far as i know. I am making E3 Schedule with Stream links that i will post in this thread so don't worry :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom