• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Have decided to stop buying more games until Ive completed some Wii U games, The Old, Blood, Apotheon, GTA V, RE HD and some others.

I think it's a good decision, I have more than enough moeny for the games I want, but I want to finish some too. :p

Dr Dogg

You have problems, son ;)

We all have our guilty pleasures :p

4K is huuuuuge! :O

And here I am, still playing on 1366x768 Benq monito -_-'

On that, what do I have to take care when buying a 1080p monitor? I have no clue what is important and what not.

What ever monitor makes you feel like a special snowflake.

Though if you want to make a better, informed, purchasing decision work out what you'll be using it for, how much you budget is and what location you'll be using it in. Then read reviews, lots of reviews. PRAD, TFT Central and PCMonitors.info are great sites that test monitors properly. Bigger price tag doesn't mean better and neither do the silly numbers manufactures put on their spec sheets.

Turfster

We all have our guilty pleasures :p

True, true.
I just can't bring myself to... you know, buy it for myself and try it.
I've seen people play it and it looked exceedingly meh, and the cheapest I've ever seen it was like 13$ on amazon, which is just... too much for something I might hate and not even last through the tutorial in, especially with Ubicutter games.
(Also see: AC3)

What ever monitor makes you feel like a special snowflake.

Though if you want to make a better, informed, purchasing decision work out what you'll be using it for, how much you budget is and what location you'll be using it in. Then read reviews, lots of reviews. PRAD, TFT Central and PCMonitors.info are great sites that test monitors properly. Bigger price tag doesn't mean better and neither do the silly numbers manufactures put on their spec sheets.
Thanks! Will look a bit more into it. Took a quick look at amazon and wow, monitors got much cheaper in the past... ehrm, ten years.

How big are your monitors, doc?

Turfster

Daily Spec Ops The Line 80% off

Humble Flash Tales from the Borderlands 33% off
New publisher deals: Ubi, WB, 2K

Weekend
  • CAPCPOM Publisher Weekend up to 80% off
  • Iceberg Interactive Publisher Weekend up to 80% off
  • xx% off

Parsnip

Super early Axion Verge impressions.
Soundtrack is great.
Super responsive, feels great.
Could potentially use slightly increased analog deadzone for 360 controller.

def sim

man what only the first episode of rev 2 is discounted
LLShC.gif

Jawmuncher

RE5 DLC still not on sale solo.

Lol at everyone mad about Revelations 2.
Game just came out. The sale for that and REmake is in line with what they did on consoles a few weeks ago. Summer might actually be something.

Wait are the extra episodes not part of the 24.99 bundle now? Thought they always were.

Id buy some of those games. Although im more interested in lost planet 2, did they remove it from the store or something since its the only one in the series not on sale? Also lol revelations. Was about to go buy it asap thinking it was a pricing error but then I remembered its a episode kind of game and its just the first ep on sale

AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed can be wishlisted now.

Not in NA, it seems? Link brings me to the steam storefront.

True, true.
I've seen people play it and it looked exceedingly meh, and the cheapest I've ever seen it was like 13$ on amazon, which is just... too much for something I might hate and not even last through the tutorial in, especially with Ubicutter games.

You look exceedingly meh. Whatever the fuck that means.
http://www.babble.com/babble-voices/the-death-of-meh/

Love the banner, actually came to post about it. Feature DmC on the storefront banner for your publisher weekend with no word whatsoever on the asked for port of the PS4/X1 remaster... yeah, fuck you, Capcpom.

Super early Axion Verge impressions.
Soundtrack is great.
Super responsive, feels great.
Could potentially use slightly increased analog deadzone for 360 controller.

360 controller? There's your problem. Get a better controller. ;)

Are those Capcom prices going to stay the same all weekend?

Most of the time it's a "publisher" weekend, I don't they they actually do "dailies". The banners change, and the people who are interested see the banner and so the top sellers rotate normally, but the prices usually don't change.

yeah..1-2 is better but my budget when I got mine was pretty tight so I looked at what was well reviewed and still fit what I could afford
Oh, I read about it and it is a very good monitor tbh. I myself don't even know if the difference would be visible while usage.
-
Always thought Benq to be of bad quality and already bankrupt. Turns out they are at the top of monitors on Amazon o_O

BruteUA

Found these in the closet.

ModBot said:
Instructions for BruteUA:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Frozen Hearth #2 -- MB-36A6D56A683752FB
Deadly 30 -- MB-1942499B119E9D13 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
East Tower Akio -- MB-36AA74147D535B10 - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-C686E0BBEF0EE12C
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-02A155291C04ACCB - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Minimon -- MB-C42747A8631B38EE - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Hearth -- MB-AFE27E5AD6E546F0

t1431624168z1.png

sprinkles

AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed can be wishlisted now.
I still did not put more than an hour worth of time into my Vita version. But I blame my dislike for handheld gaming and my short commute more than the quality of the game. Maybe I'll double dip.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/15q4release.pdf

"The business environment surrounding the Group is in the midst of major changes, where
smart devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs are spreading rapidly, while the console
game markets in North America and Europe are increasingly competitive and oligopolistic.
In light of such environmental changes, the Group is focusing all efforts on a substantial
earnings improvement through driving reforms of business structure in order to establish
new revenue base. "

God damnit, one more today.

those capcom prices are underwhelming. I guess i'll keep hold on like the 3 games they have that im interested in ::shrugs::

I haven't looked yet, but if it's the standard summer/fall/winter sale pricing on titles, you might as well cop them if you're interested in playing them, no? It's like Turfster and his "meh" waiting for Watchdogs to be $5 or less on Steam... it's not likely anytime this decade.

I wonder why Strider don't go below 50% discount :-/
ib4 becuz capcpom

Because Strider 2014 was a mistake. It's nothing but a flaming hot dumpster fire.

See, the frost you've come to know and love is still around...

I still did not put more than an hour worth of time into my Vita version. But I blame my dislike for handheld gaming and my short commute more than the quality of the game. Maybe I'll double dip.

Odd, I'd think it'd be different... but depends on the game, I guess. Being able to pick up my Vita and play games while watching something on TV or doing something else because I'm not tied to the TV/console is a great reason to get some games onthe platform. It's partially why I rebought Shovel Knight when it released, it's why I'm waiting for Axiom Verge on PSN to deliver the Vita version instead of jumping into the Steam version, it's why I rebought "Nepnep" after already owning it on Steam and having never played it.

It takes all kinds, I guess. ;)

KarmaCow

DmC doesn't have all the mechanic changes from the console re-release right?

Also they only put the first episode of RER2 on sale? Okay then.

Id buy some of those games. Although im more interested in lost planet 2, did they remove it from the store or something since its the only one in the series not on sale? Also lol revelations. Was about to go buy it asap thinking it was a pricing error but then I remembered its a episode kind of game and its just the first ep on sale

LP2 (and LP1: Colonies) uses GFWL and doesn't seem to be getting a Steamworks conversion. Capcom seems fine with letting the series die.

Dr Dogg

True, true.

I'll say this now, after what you posted about GTAV and The4f you'll find Watch Doggies boring and possibly insulting to your intelligence.

Thanks! Will look a bit more into it. Took a quick look at amazon and wow, monitors got much cheaper in the past... ehrm, ten years.

How big are your monitors, doc?

I've got a 27" Dell U2713HM which is my primary monitor for work and gaming GAFing, Then the more media consumption monitor is a 24" Iiyama XB2483HSU which before the availability of downsampling through drivers of GeDoSaTo would allow me to go to crazy resolutions people had previously only dreamt of. And my old backup monitor is a 23" LG W2363D which is my 120hz monitor that get's very little use these days. I've also got a 27" 2010 iMac which I sometimes use in Target Display mode so you can use it as a monitor rather than an overpriced computer for fools easily parted with their money.

Though I'd give them all up if Sony still made FW900's. Best Monitor I've ever owned and that was over 10 years ago mind. Though I don't think my desk would support the weight of a whopping great big CRT monitor these days.

yuraya

The 4+5+6 franchise pack discount is so weak.

Price of individual games = $24.77

Price of bundle = $23.70

Come on capcom what the heck. Savings should be better than that.

def sim

gotta spend my remaining gmg credit on something

ModBot said:
Instructions for Default DOS:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Default DOS, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Orboron -- MB-1A919A45CAD9061B
Battlepaths -- MB-62666CA5577FDD7E - Taken by Cyldman
Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That! -- MB-9E0C0CC3D3A04FDF - Taken by Majukun
Rooms: The Main Building -- MB-7334E8146D44B3F5 - Taken by nightstorm
QuestRun -- MB-11EDAE61D9017352 - Taken by ExoSoul
PID -- MB-53956A2CB8CD8D87
Rabbit Hole 3D -- MB-3281C93A8CD2836A
Ocean City Racing -- MB-5E418E7A9AE83C8F
A Valley Without Wind -- MB-7AA38F43C2B2ADA4
Clickr -- MB-D03FC90036DCD433

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom