• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

The Good Life is only 2,49€, buy buy buy!
you'll never get a good life so cheap, it's not cheapest it has been but very close.

Turfster

The "best" part about these sales is that there might be things that interest me, but I've got no money and the discounts are not big enough to even be worth the "maybe I'll just eat less this week" consideration.

Also, jshackles, what's the Chrome "everything has to come from the Chrome Store" going to do to Enhanced Steam?

wilflare

I think old version doesn't work if you have multiple pages of badges / cards.
That's why I had to update to newer one.

There are a few things that the newer version can do that the older can't, such as pausing idling, moving to the next game, etc. But as a "set it and forget it" solution, it still works fine.

okay I'm sorry but how do I get it to work on MacOS again?
I downloaded idle_master_py-master.zip
but under Releases > Mac - there's no file I can directly open to run Idlemaster :X

I haven't looked yet, but if it's the standard summer/fall/winter sale pricing on titles, you might as well cop them if you're interested in playing them, no? It's like Turfster and his "meh" waiting for Watchdogs to be $5 or less on Steam... it's not likely anytime this decade.
eh, the only things i'm waiting for is cheap REHD (which i can wait on since I played that back in the gamecube days) and while im interested in LP3 i'm in no rush to play it. That just leaves RER2, and they can keep trying to trick me into getting that first episode for cheap but i aint jumping in just yet.

But yeah, i've noticed publishers are seemingly less like to drop to $5 on steam these days. It seems that $7.50 is slowly becoming the new $5 on steam proper and wanting anything less means hoping for things like GMG discount codes.

Arthea

I'll await for Capcpom HB, which will be shortly
It's odd that DMC4SE is on the sale page, but there is no discount whatsoever, or maybe not odd, maybe that is the message

KarmaCow

I didn't really notice it before but it's surprising that Capcom is using a 1 USD = 1 CDN conversion.

And fuck I bought the first episode of RER2 without thinking of the long game where Capcom never puts the dlc on sale.

cyba89

Street Fighter 4 Custome Pack was 75% multiple times before and now it's only 50% off. Oh capcom.

And according to the user reviews Dark Void (Zero) DRM is broken and they still put it on sale.

titch

Some Bundle Spares From Days of Old!!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eron -- MB-4DDBD67A8062C8CA - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-4EC8997A03928DE2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-B32F02C5A48AB69F - Taken by Deques. 3 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-867A7530B26EB1D8 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9AF85B8FF1AB8BE - Taken by kurahador. 5 entrants total.
Murder Miners -- MB-CE592FA1A5AF86AD - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.

t1431624947z1.png

Tizoc

Time to get Splinter Cell Blacklist I guess :V Yes I know it's a Uplay code but I'm too lazy to fire up my PS3 to play it =X

Street Fighter 4 Custom Pack was 75% multiple times before and now it's only 50% off. Oh capcom.

And according to the user reviews Dark Void (Zero) DRM is broken and they still put it on sale.

both Dark Void Zero and Dark Void require that you contact capcom customer support to have them activate them on the backend because they keep producing keys that aren't registered with Securom. So if you make the mistake that i made, be prepared to spend up to a week waiting to try out a game you legally paid for through a capcom authorized vendor.

or you can trying downloading a crack. because this process is so terrible that i can condone such things.

Time to get Splinter Cell Blacklist I guess :V Yes I know it's a Uplay code but I'm too lazy to fire up my PS3 to play it =X

it'll be 7.50 on steam again soon enough. unless youre just hankering for it real bad.

Turfster

Be prepared for patch after patch after patch after patch after patch every time you try to run it.
Ubi really should get off their lazy asses and update everything to their newer delivery system.
Hell, it's the reason I stopped playing SCBL.
Stupid fucking thing got stuck in a loop that kept going back a patch, then finding a "newer" patch every time.

Shadownet

Banned
1v1 me bro
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

100% Orange Juice -- MB-1B7CB568AAF25113 - Taken by Purkake4

Shantom

Gearbox have released a physical version of Homeworld Remastered, including exclusive extras, only possible at retail! What great extras are these?
BiH0DHC.png

Thanks, Gearbox. (There's also an OST with it, but I have no idea if that's an actual CD or not)

Salsa

:O

if you took part in the NOT A HERO beta testing roll7 just sent out steam keys.

I wasn't expecting that, what a nice surprise.

I think if you were on the beta test you should now have the full version on your steam library anyway without key?

so; give me your steam key

Lain

As a thank you to all the generous GAFers who stepped up and gifted me something admist the FreshVeggie rumour that it was my birthday earlier this week as well as to those that just wished me well in light of his words, I'm going to do a little something to pay it forward:

Not a hero we need, but a hero we deserve.

Why keys? I still have the game in my library. And got no email.

I haven't received any key :(
They email them?
yea i got it in an email

I think if you were on the beta test you should now have the full version on your steam library anyway without key?

so; give me your steam key
i took part in their last beta test, and they just sent a wetransfer link to a download of the full game, so it was never associated with my steam libraby

KarmaCow

According to the store page you get a discount when buying the whole package later so I'm still tempted.

Though that's for the season pass, not the complete package which has some extra stuff. Buying separately isn't that much more expensive though.

How much of a discount?

20% off or $5 off. It's cheaper at the moment to buy the first episode and then buy the season pass.

Edit: Here's what I see, the season pass discount for owning episode 1 is only valid until June 3rd apparently?

Lain

Tempted by Lost Planet 3 but I was wondering if the DLC added anything worthwhile to the single player part of the game or if it's completely skippable (I have no idea what the awesome upgrades for my rig in singleplayer that some of them claim actually do).

Dr Dogg

As much as I'd like to partake in your deals Capcom, I own pretty much everything you have on offer. Poor Resi 5 Gold Ed DLC gets no discount love :(

DmC doesn't have all the mechanic changes from the console re-release right?

Also they only put the first episode of RER2 on sale? Okay then.

LP2 (and LP1: Colonies) uses GFWL and doesn't seem to be getting a Steamworks conversion. Capcom seems fine with letting the series die.

They'll most likely never update LP2 and Colonies to remove GFWL. The RoI won't allow for it to get through the approval process, I'd wager.

See below for comments on RER2 1st ep only sale, if you care. :p

And no, DmC has 0 changes from the console re-release. The console re-release is the PC version + all DLC + mechanic changes such as lock on, removal of color coded enemies, must style mode, etc. Capcom has been silent on the potential of releasing a patch, DLC, or even a port of the remaster on PC.

Nope at least not yet so I'd wait on it.

It'll most likely never happen, I think. Someone claimed that a lot of the "features" added to PS4/X1 are available through mods, so they didn't think there was a point to a PC port. I don't know that I ever saw a link to an official statement from someone at Capcom regarding this, but... I know I read it somewhere and laughed at the idiocy of the idea.

When MS puts that wireless receiver out for Xbone controllers, I'll get one. :p
DS4 internal batteries can suck my nuts.

Oh, so you're content with destroying the planet 2 AA batteries at a time. Gotcha. ;)
Have fun with a slightly upgraded but still inferior controller when you eventually get your dongle. ;)

How's Dead Rising 3 on PC (and in general)? Is there any place you can get it for cheaper?

Last I knew it was a mistake. It was nothing but crashes.

I'll await for Capcpom HB, which will be shortly
It's odd that DMC4SE is on the sale page, but there is no discount whatsoever, or maybe not odd, maybe that is the message

That is the message.
"Hey guys. It has a price now. You can preorder."

I didn't really notice it before but it's surprising that Capcom is using a 1 USD = 1 CDN conversion.

And fuck I bought the first episode of RER2 without thinking of the long game where Capcom never puts the dlc on sale.

You don't need the DLC. It's mostly worthless. It's all stuff for Raid mode and I think it's just a few characters at best.

And 1:1 conversion sounds like it works out well for you? So that's a plus?

Capcom stayin' stingy.

You'd best believe...
RE5 - 66% off; RE5 Gold - 30% off; Gold upgrade DLC - 0% off.
DR2 DLC - 0% off.

Seriously, I was excited for a second, then I found out it's just only the first episode -___-

That's the point man. That's the hook.
Give people 50% off on episode 1 -- hope they want to play episode 2, 3, and 4, and pay full price because they don't want to be "left hanging" while waiting for a sale on the rest of the episodes.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It'll most likely never happen, I think. Someone claimed that a lot of the "features" added to PS4/X1 are available through mods, so they didn't think there was a point to a PC port. I don't know that I ever saw a link to an official statement from someone at Capcom regarding this, but... I know I read it somewhere and laughed at the idiocy of the idea.

Not really and it's still missing what made a lot of made the DE version worth giving a shot.

XSEED Games ‏@XSEEDGames 51s51 seconds ago

We once said that AKIBA'S TRIP supported only 1080p & 720p, but ACQUIRE took fan feedback seriously, so it now supports 19 resolutions. YAY
AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed launches on Steam May 26th for $29.99, €26.99, or £19.99 w/ a 10% discount 1st week!

Good news for those interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom