• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Humble RPG Book II bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • FATE Hero Bundle
  • Paper Sorcerer
  • bit Dungeon II
TIER 2: BTA
  • Pier Solar and the Great Architects
  • SactuaryRPG:Black Edition
  • Rollers of the Realm
TIER 3: 8$
  • Agarest Generations of War Collector's Edition

KarmaCow

You don't need the DLC. It's mostly worthless. It's all stuff for Raid mode and I think it's just a few characters at best.

And 1:1 conversion sounds like it works out well for you? So that's a plus?

I don't know if I'll be be bit by the Raid mode bug but I've already bought episode 1 so the decision has been made.

And yea a 1:1 conversion is basically a flat 10% discount compared to other games.

derExperte

Pier Solar and Rollers of the Realm look pretty promising.

Try the demo of Pier Solar first. Even that was hard to get through for me, everything's sloooow and sooo maaaaany raaandooom baaattles. Checked a few user reviews afterwards and removed it from my wishlist.

Still would've bough tier 2 for the other two but I bought Rollers a short while ago.

bit Dungeon II's okay btw., overall a good bundle.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Humble RPG Book II bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • FATE Hero Bundle
  • Paper Sorcerer
  • bit Dungeon II
TIER 2: BTA
  • Pier Solar and the Great Architects
  • SactuaryRPG:Black Edition
  • Rollers of the Realm
TIER 3: 8$
  • Agarest Generations of War Collector's Edition

Paper Sorcerer was supposed to be a pretty good dungeon crawler. SanctuaryRPG was a neat little throwback to text/ASCII RPGs but I found the humor juvenile and it fell flat for me.

Shame I heard so many negative things about Pier Solar, otherwise I might have been tempted when the BTA was sitting at $3 near the start.

Tizoc

Everybody get the Dungeons and Dragons game.

Hey maybe I should get Strider and make a giveaway of it!

Tempted by Lost Planet 3 but I was wondering if the DLC added anything worthwhile to the single player part of the game or if it's completely skippable (I have no idea what the awesome upgrades for my rig in singleplayer that some of them claim actually do).

You don't need the dlc since it's all Multiplayer stuff. Just get the game for the SP, it is at least worth a 1 time playthrough. Hoe you enjoy it though since I really liked it's SP and for its time, it's what Aliens CM should've been :p

they need fan feedback to realize a PC game cannot ship with 2 set resolutions

Well isn't this one of Acquire's first if not early releases on PC? They want a bite of that market, but being JP devs they may not be that knowledgeable about such things.

Just be glad you'll be able to strip boys and girls' clothes at 1440p+

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-92F2FD926D55FCF2 - Taken by tioslash
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-6FD3165E155FDA56 - Taken by M.D
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F0DBF1151080BB41 - Taken by DmAc2k6

Dr Dogg

2 then upgraded to 19 selectable resolutions? How about having the game query the users system for what's available instead.

Tizoc

Be prepared for patch after patch after patch after patch after patch every time you try to run it.
Ubi really should get off their lazy asses and update everything to their newer delivery system.
Hell, it's the reason I stopped playing SCBL.
Stupid fucking thing got stuck in a loop that kept going back a patch, then finding a "newer" patch every time.

Umm anyone else had to deal with this >_>;

Dr Dogg

Umm anyone else had to deal with this >_>;

Oooooohh yes. Uplay has got better but only after Blacklist. I got it as a promo with an old GPU but was so fucked off with the content delivery method (ie having to manually patch it myself) that I gave in and bought it on Steam. No fuss there with Steam doing what it was design to.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) -- MB-08C70EDB015085F0 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) -- MB-714FDFC605E45CA6 - Taken by WinterDemons
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-31163CFAF7F9A231 - Taken by nja
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-733B04D4C2172E8C
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-F9795536B8E66BA3 - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-AC58446865101E1B

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dust: An Elysian Tail was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mirror's Edge (Origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Mokoi

Banned
Jshackles please repent for your sin of false image advertising. I was like oh cool never heard of this final fantasy game before I'll see what it about. However, once I went to steam page I was greeted with ugly pixels.

---
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

w5Bqht8.png

bit Dungeon II -- MB-41A5AE1F91AF2BC0 - Taken by madjoki
Paper Sorcerer (I think) -- MB-80819ED0942CB77B - Taken by Widdly Scuds
FATE: Hero Bundle -- MB-45621DA4F48B6B12 - Taken by darkchewie
SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition -- MB-2535C6613EF21D72 - Taken by derExperte
Roller of the Realm -- MB-2965AB71F1E91881 - Taken by louiedog
Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plus Soundtrack -- MB-27A9D65259878E3B - Taken by Lomax

Lomax

Worth for rollers of the realm?

Yes, definitely. It does a great job of being exactly what it appears to be, a pinball rpg. Has some fairly unique mechanics as well.

Jshackles please repent for your sin of false image advertising. I was like oh cool never heard of this final fantasy game before I'll see what it about. However, once I went to steam page I was greeted with ugly pixels.

---

I know it says you want no thanks, but your post is right there, and mine is right here, so thanks for Pier Solar :) Was seriously considering buying the bundle for just that.

Arthea

This HBW comes with 5 soundtracks, because Agarest Collector's Edition includes soundtrack. I kinda wish now I haven't bought Agarest on steam, now I would get Collector's Edition for less than I paid for just a game.
Oh well, that's a life.

I know Starships is bad, but so bad that you get 1€ for buying it?

What sale is it anyway?
I'll take Starships if you pay me 1€, I might take even without payment

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

bit Dungeon II -- MB-FC90866A5C84B9AB - Taken by Chreznor
Rollers of the Realm -- MB-2F272A28DEA63E8A - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Paper Sorcerer -- MB-62D7C6ED38F5C40E - Taken by Deques

This HBW comes with 5 soundtracks, because Agarest Collector's Edition includes soundtrack. I kinda wish now I haven't bought Agarest on steam, now I would get Collector's Edition for less than I paid for just a game.
Oh well, that's a life.
But... but you got the good life ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yeah that game is pretty crazy. The shot here is from a cut scene that makes the game look pretty tolerable. It's definitely an "acquired" taste.

I would have probably preferred the PSP version personally

Not really and it's still missing what made a lot of made the DE version worth giving a shot.

I know that.
I wasn't saying that the DE wasn't the version of the game to play.
I was saying that Capcom seem to be stubbornly refusing to port/release the changes made for the PS4/X1 version of the game to PC because "we pulled a lot of the ideas and stuff from mods" and figure people won't pay for it because they can get a lof of the changes as free mods for the existing version which is routinely on sale for $15 or less.

Destructoid said:
Did I mention how great the PC version of DmC was? Capcom and Ninja Theory thought so too. More importantly, they loved all the cool mods players created, such as Turbo Mode (increasing game speed by twenty percent) and a number of unofficial patches and tweaks like the removal of weapon-specific enemies. A number of these mods were so well received by the developers they decided to implement them for this remaster. The work put into the Definitive Edition was equal parts developer iteration and incorporation of fan feedback.
[...]
It's definitely reassuring to see the game in such solid shape, though I'm a little perplexed about the lack of a PC release being announced so far. Its absence is strange given how much of an influence the PC port of the original DmC was for Definitive Edition.

Full write-up here:
http://www.destructoid.com/dmc-devil-may-cry-definitive-edition-goes-above-and-beyond-286395.phtml

Arthea

Yeah that game is pretty crazy. The shot here is from a cut scene that makes the game look pretty tolerable. It's definitely an "acquired" taste.

I would have probably preferred the PSP version personally

I totally would have too, I thought PSP version of FF4 CC looked great, compared with low poly low res 3D of version we got, although comparing to that everything looks good.

Humble Store but no thanks, not paying 25 for Beyond Earth. Or 15. Or 10.

aww
I have Starships on my wishlist, I decided it's my lucky day and I'll get it free and now you do this!
I only will get BE when it had couple of expansions improving gameplay and complete edition. It's not only price that matters

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of corrosivefrost, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NOT A HERO -- MB-71C21A251D5CE9F2 - Taken by Atraveller. 30 entrants total.

t1431631967z1.png

Read reviews and user opinions and I think this BenQ RL2455HM 61 cm (24 Zoll) LED-Monitor for 169€ is a good monitor. It is a TN-panel which is apparently good for sharp images but IPS is better (watched Linus).

Might add the other choices: Acer G246HLBbid 61 cm (24 Zoll) for 142€ and Asus VS248H 61 cm (24 Zoll) for 158€.
I remember reading Acer and Asus being of good quality with monitors but that BenQ seems good as well.

Anyway, even though I checked myself, I still value the opinions of fellow Gaffers, among whom there are many tech-heads like Doc or even people who might have made good/bad experiences.

So what you say folks. Good choice?

Turfster

Luna's Wandering Stars keys now available at IGS

Also apparently Pier Solar will be featured in a Groupees Bundle in 2 weeks too

IndieRoyale Mixer 20 bundle
Price: 3$
  • Fat Chicken
  • Speedball 2 HD
  • Concursion
  • Total Pro Golf 3
  • Sinking Island
  • Gare Sapphire Mechs
  • Pitiri 1977
  • Majestic Nights
  • Puzzle Agent
  • Data Hacker Corruption

derExperte

Read reviews and user opinions and I think this BenQ RL2455HM 61 cm (24 Zoll) LED-Monitor for 169€ is a good monitor. It is a TN-panel which is apparently good for sharp images but IPS is better (watched Linus).

Anyway, even though I checked myself, I still value the opinions of fellow Gaffers, among whom there are many tech-heads like Doc or even people who might have made good/bad experiences.

Fuck TN.

This is an intelligent and well thought out question with regards to the general "is it worth it". Veggie is asking specific questions, stating how he currently feels regarding the issue, and wants to know if anyone on GAF can offer any advice pertaining to this matter before he makes the final purchase. It is not just a blindly typed "tell me what to think/buy" post, and for that, I commend you. Even if you spread rumours from unreliable sources about birthdays which cause a bunch of annoyingly irritating situations. :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I only will get BE when it had couple of expansions improving gameplay and complete edition. It's not only price that matters

Supposedly, Beyond Earth is getting a large "2.0" patch in a few months that will rework the game significantly. The dev team admits they were too conservative with making changes to systems, afraid that it would stray too far from what Civ V has done. I'm hoping it is a substantial amount of reworking as the game really needs an identity of its own before it's worth playing over Civ V.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Tales of the Orient: The Rising Sun -- MB-8E9AB8517580869F - Taken by Loptous
Cloud Knights -- MB-F49C3636BA1D285B - Taken by ussjtrunks
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-B58C9CD9A47AF8EE - Taken by lindarasta
The Adventures of Tree -- MB-3B61B6296417AEA6 - Taken by r3n4ud
Hypt -- MB-A49142DCC0A61359 - Taken by Kifimbo
Towncraft -- MB-91F37C8576349B53 - Taken by Abomination
Dark Scavenger -- MB-A4CB68A1FF07ACCC - Taken by Belgarion
Vortex Attack -- MB-B8219457794E0BBA - Taken by bkw
Virus Jigglin' Fever -- MB-8E6422C171DB2906 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Rooks Keep -- MB-766AEADC029F3623 - Taken by titch
Millennium 2: Take Me Higher -- MB-540C2810921058B1 - Taken by NingenJanai
War, the Game -- MB-56160E062BE64936 - Taken by tioslash
Hospital Manager -- MB-C2EA89650C1F3B5E - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Spud! -- MB-3D5BCF0D23300FF1 - Taken by anastef
Zombie Solitaire -- MB-EEB636AE4C1C5774 - Taken by Ben652
R.O.O.T.S -- MB-98556153838EC451 - Taken by Abomination
Jones on Fire -- MB-E49DC6C7A669C91A - Taken by Chreznor
Commander Cool 2 -- MB-F39A55675105BCA1 - Taken by SSPssp
Default Dan -- MB-52E1D67935AA5227 - Taken by Henry Swanson

Hexus -- MB-4FC4A6937C672EF2 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Paper Sorcerer -- MB-C04D9CA267A24A82 - Taken by Eila

Try the demo of Pier Solar first. Even that was hard to get through for me, everything's sloooow and sooo maaaaany raaandooom baaattles. Checked a few user reviews afterwards and removed it from my wishlist.

Still would've bough tier 2 for the other two but I bought Rollers a short while ago.

bit Dungeon II's okay btw., overall a good bundle.

That's too bad. I went back and read HG101's article on it, and yeah, it does sound average at best, and the seemingly scattershot HD remake didn't help matters.

Brutal. IPS is so expensive though :( Will have to go for TN this time bud :S
This is an intelligent and well thought out question with regards to the general "is it worth it". Veggie is asking specific questions, stating how he currently feels regarding the issue, and wants to know if anyone on GAF can offer any advice pertaining to this matter before he makes the final purchase. It is not just a blindly typed "tell me what to think/buy" post, and for that, I commend you.
Hah. Getting praised by frosty! I should get a GAF-achievement :p
Even if you spread rumours from unreliable sources about birthdays which cause a bunch of annoyingly irritating situations. :p
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom