• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

so , RE pack ( 4+5+6 ) is for $24 , but without the gold edition DLC for 5 ?
disappointed sales

wait, i think some one was asking for RE sales here few days ago , is there a some one working with capcom here ?

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yoshizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Battlepaths -- MB-67799A5F8533F1A7
Tidalis -- MB-0C8766D277711CD6 - Taken by Mikurden
Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That! -- MB-750529401E6CB8A7 - Taken by cj_iwakura
Rooms: The Main Building -- MB-B14FCBCC4510596C - Taken by Sammichu
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-675343BB717FBFDD - Taken by rainking187
PID -- MB-8C07F5565859C2DE - Taken by tioslash
A Valley Without Wind -- MB-9B6897E8348073F1 - Taken by Arjac
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-901C060A62611D01 - Taken by Gradon
Battlepaths #2 -- MB-E6656FE5FA1C397D
Clickr -- MB-3168AA83E5B2F0EA - Taken by interion
Canyon Capers -- MB-243B0C51B53B24D3 - Taken by trailmix16
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-164EC8D8BC303B97 - Taken by Eanan

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
May the rats be with you.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-7CAEEC866562BF3F - Taken by bluechox2

Jawmuncher

Agarest 1 worth it for $4.39?
Or should I just wait for NepNep to go below $5?
Depends. You'll have to use a guide to get the try ending for agarest and getting new weapons requires resources. But the price to gameplay is there and I thought the characters were fun.
Agree wholeheartedly.
Especially when a game not only MP only but Local MP only.

I still hope CRAWL will one day figure out online MP, as I'd like to play it with some GAFers but I'm not a local MP person...

Looks like the most generic dudebro shooters I can think of, and that's coming from someone who used to play R6 Raven Shield and Black Thorn religiously (like 4-5 hours after school religiously every day).

There's no hope for this.

Why they didn't just repurpose Patriots with SP to next gen is beyond me. The smal snippets we had looked pretty good. The full gameplay we have gotten has failed to impress.

Looks like the most generic dudebro shooter I can think of, and that's coming from someone who used to play R6 Raven Shield and Black Thorn religiously (like 4-5 hours after school religiously every day).

There's no hope for this.

Not enough quickscoping, dropshotting or wallbanging for it to be a true dudebro masterpiece. I look forward to it brah.

Lomax

If you don't care about the soundtrack and other "collector's edition" stuff, the base game has been cheaper on Steam (75% off making it $3.74). From everything I've been able to learn, it seems like Agarest 2 is a substantial improvement on the original, so I'm just waiting for that one.

I just found out that the w3 "killing monsters" trailer i heard about is cgi too.

No idea if that occurs in the actual game either. Don't want to watch these if they are on disk too.

r3n4ud

May the rats be with you.

Only one...?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats #2 -- MB-8D315883298EE710
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-B8E4D5D6C64AC308

Please, do take the time to thank me.

Jawmuncher

If you don't care about the soundtrack and other "collector's edition" stuff, the base game has been cheaper on Steam (75% off making it $3.74). From everything I've been able to learn, it seems like Agarest 2 is a substantial improvement on the original, so I'm just waiting for that one.

They seem to get better with each game, because zero despite being a prequel I enjoyed more than the first as well.

Why they didn't just repurpose Patriots with SP to next gen is beyond me. The smal snippets we had looked pretty good. The full gameplay we have gotten has failed to impress.

That actually looked interesting - forcing the player to make on-the-fly decisions that impacted characters and missions. This looks generic as all hell.

Uzzy

Supposedly, Beyond Earth is getting a large "2.0" patch in a few months that will rework the game significantly. The dev team admits they were too conservative with making changes to systems, afraid that it would stray too far from what Civ V has done. I'm hoping it is a substantial amount of reworking as the game really needs an identity of its own before it's worth playing over Civ V.

Hopefully they'll do something impressive with it, because Beyond Earth sorely needs a complete overhaul. It's depressingly bad compared to other RTS games that have come out over recent years, let alone if you compare it to Alpha Centauri. While the systems certainly need changes, more than anything they need to inject some life into the game. It's just so dull. The wonders are pathetic and the factions have minimal personality beyond annoying catchphrases that'll drive you mad.

That actually looked interesting - forcing the player to make on-the-fly decisions that impacted characters and missions. This looks generic as all hell.

If ubisoft had any sort of intelligence, they would've built in a CSGO-like system with regards to cosmetic items in the game, especially on the PC version where you can cash in on the Steam Marketplace.

But that would require actual Steam integration and probably 0 Uplay support.

So they can keep on losing on PC, they'll take it so long as they can say UPLAY instead of actually making moves that might make them money.

the game itself looks fine, it just seems like something that would've spawn off of a Counterstrike mod like 8-10 years ago and not a full fledged retail title.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

bit Dungeon II -- MB-5B0152051A039E56 - Taken by CarbonatedFalcon

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-103D95B269B5C40E - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Triad wars Beta -- MB-69A19106CE5CB95D
Space Hack -- MB-14850D984736C0A7
Blockstorm Beta -- MB-DB0FA2766904D708 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Radical Roach Deluxe -- MB-53CCAAA19A2AC3C6 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Realms Of The Haunting -- MB-ADF6084EC2C7A33F - Taken by HassanJamal. 2 entrants total.

t1431630708z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Please, do take the time to thank me.

Now they are 3.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats #2 -- MB-682AE2BC5D6EBDF2
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-D17B746F0AE69D03

Dsyndrome

The Operator is the biggest piece of shit in all of Witcher 2. I can't find a reasonable way to beat him and his gargoyles whatsoever; everything I've found online has either been cheesing him with Fury Traps or having insta-kill weapons (of which I have none at the moment). Trying to figure out if it's worth it to kill him, I hate having loose quests in RPG's.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
$20 being the new $15 for indie games is...annoying. Just like when $15 became the new $10 years ago.

cant wait for 2020 when indies will cost $60 >_>

chronomac

$20 being the new $15 for indie games is...annoying. Just like when $15 became the new $10 years ago.

cant wait for 2020 when indies will cost $60 >_>

If a game's worth $20 then I have no problem with that and it seems like Axiom Verge, for instance, very much is.

derExperte

Bought Letter Quest a while ago on Steam.
Realized today that I bought it last year on Indiegamestand.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey -- MB-6C7247FE947A81FF - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.

t1431631008z1.png

Arthea

Agarest is way harder than Nep Nep, and that is your thing as far as I noticed. Agarest will make even you bleed and ask for mercy!
not really, but it is grindy, and TRPG, while Nep Nep is your happy go lucky RPG

edited: and as for Letter Quest, lemme remind you that is a damn nice game, go for it.

edit2: 60€ *laughs*
lol no, thanks but no

Phinor

I'll just buy a $20 Uplay code later this year and even that is assuming they really turn the game around before release.

I wonder how many copies a real Rainbow Six game would sell and would that type of game still work in 2015. Takedown Red Sabre was a bit of a joke but how about some other development team with proper budget and talent?

Khronico

Agarest 1 is not worth your time, sadly. It's incredibly average game that FAR outstays it's welcome. I'd recommend just skipping the first and going to Zero or 2 if you really want to try the series out.

NepNep is legit good from what I've seen, so go with that.

Lomax

They seem to get better with each game, because zero despite being a prequel I enjoyed more than the first as well.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. I know realistically I'd never play more than one of them, so I just keep bumping the newest release onto my wish list and waiting for 75% off, by which time the next one comes out. At that rate, I'll never end up buying one at all. Honestly at this point I want Nep-Nep more anyway.

Arthea

Agarest 1 is not worth your time, sadly. It's incredibly average game that FAR outstays it's welcome. I'd recommend just skipping the first and going to Zero or 2 if you really want to try the series out.

NepNep is legit good from what I've seen, so go with that.

at least you didn't go as far as saying it's the worst game ever, as steamgaf is used to. Yes, it's nothing special, why exactly does that mean it's not worth anyone's time? What if he likes TRPGs? People like Disgaea games fgs, and they overstay their welcome by centuries and aren't god tier too.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. I know realistically I'd never play more than one of them, so I just keep bumping the newest release onto my wish list and waiting for 75% off, by which time the next one comes out. At that rate, I'll never end up buying one at all. Honestly at this point I want Nep-Nep more anyway.

Agarest: Generations of War is actually an old game, it's 8 years old and it feels of course, Zero released two years later, and 2 a year later after Zero, that was 5 years ago. I'm not sure there even will be a new one.

iosefe

i got one for you too

Modbot said:
ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has an imaginary blocklist. The user who made it wants to think about his life and choices
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade fake keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site. Do not PM Modbot for this giveaway
- If you are interested in Jet Set Radio, let me know, i might do a giveaway for that tonight.

header_292x136.jpg

xheRJRF.gif
Rad Bats
xheRJRF.gif
-- MB-8f6h7a2wt8675309

Eila

Bad Rats you say?

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-19F90F79F6A8EDFF - Taken by Belgarion

Anyone know exactly what that exclusive launch DLC for Gal Civ III is and if it's worth?

Cause straight $50 is a tad expensive for me right now. Upset I didn't bite on it during the winter sale for $25.

Khilandros

Nice, going to be busy for a while. 3 games released 3 Tuesdays in a row, oh my.

NepNep Rebirth 2 - May 19th
Akiba's Trip May - 26th
ARK: Survival Evolved - June 2nd.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

$60/€60
Pre-order now and you will get your guaranteed closed Beta access!

If The Crew is any indication, the beta isn't going to be a separate app, and on the other hand, if Trials Fusion is any indication, even if it is a separate app, it's going to be yanked after the beta period is over; so Ubi's going to have to throw in something else if it wants to catch my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom