• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool, Salsa. I've got to convince my girlfriend to like this show. I think I'll just have to *gasp* watch it by myself in my free time instead of playing video games.

Khronico

You just described every TRPG in existence ever, no? It's not only production values, it's a rather an old game as I said, and it feels.

Most good TRPGs (Stuff like Jagged Alliance, Silent Storm, XCOM, Battle for Wesnoth, Front Mission) have varied battle maps to fight on with interesting tactical choices (mountains, buildings, forests, etc), whereas Agarest 1 has battle maps that are all flat squares (I played 20 hours the VAST majority of battles were on the exact same battle map). 20 hours of battles on the exact same flat battle map is incredibly dull. To be fair, they sometimes pepper the field with squares that increase or decrease stats, but it's not much.

To clarify, I gave up playing on Generation 2 so I don't know if they vary up maps later in the game.

dex3108

Welp as i said now i want Mad Max game :( Movie is pure action with amazing visuals and costumes. Car design is awesome. Story is simple but who cares when you get action from the first minute and it just keeps going. Two hours went just like that. I hope that game will be good.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Holy Hell, Galactic Civilizations III came out today? WTF, I have no free time with all of these new games, damnit.

I'm gonna have to buy it anyway though, I've literally played hundreds of hours of GC2.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Sounds like a Greek surname.

We're going to sell him to Mr. Nikopopolous?!
frame039.jpg

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

bit Dungeon II -- MB-746F6324411B0736 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
GARE SAPPHIRE MECHS -- MB-C1A7274A5AF66386 - Taken by Knurek. 2 entrants total.
Concursion -- MB-4B377E170F99B861 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Sinking Island -- MB-EB1EAC5BF3D3C333 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-96C72DAB3C077831 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Fate: Hero Bundle -- MB-A4063B4BDD4DE013 - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.
DATA HACKER: CORRUPTION -- MB-902F74C7FCD3255A - Taken by Twentieth. 1 entrants total.
Pitiri 1977 -- MB-BE95ABC5379C23F4 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Majestic Nights -- MB-7D407A46AC020E5A - Taken by Akuosa. 3 entrants total.
Paper Sorcerer -- MB-0C17782E381A1BC5 - Taken by Annubis. 5 entrants total.

t1431637788z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
someone who knows what im talking about: how hard is a Network+ to someone who really knows his shit with computers but knows jack all about networking outside of setting up a wifi network? Or should i do Security+ first/instead?

Ive been thinking of studying and doing the cert for either of those while my boss is away on vacation because why not and wanted to see what would be easier to study for while working, too.

I got my Network+ certification almost 20 years ago, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. If you don't know anything about networking (above and beyond what the "average user" knows), don't take the exam unless it's something you're interested in learning. I found it to be geared more or less to people with an intermediate working knowledge of networking. There will be questions about broadcast addresses, subnet masking, gateway troubleshooting, protocols, some Active Directory / LDAP things, and some OSI model stuff.

It wasn't nearly as difficult as the CCNA exam, but it's a lot more complex than your average Wi-Fi troubleshooting. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions I may be able to help with.

Momentary

Banned
I got my Network+ certification almost 20 years ago, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. If you don't know anything about networking (above and beyond what the "average user" knows), don't take the exam unless it's something you're interested in learning. I found it to be geared more or less to people with an intermediate working knowledge of networking. There will be questions about broadcast addresses, subnet masking, gateway troubleshooting, protocols, some Active Directory / LDAP things, and some OSI model stuff.

It wasn't nearly as difficult as the CCNA exam, but it's a lot more complex than your average Wi-Fi troubleshooting. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions I may be able to help with.

I'm about to have a year of schooling for Networking and Information Assurance for this job I moved into. I was thinking about getting a jump on the courses by starting out with Net + and Sec + books. There's a huge bonus waiting for me after the course and a 5 year contract of further training to get enrolled into other courses such as one for CCNA. I'm nervous about it.

Turfster

Man, I remember doing CCNA 15 years ago during a "fuck it why not" moment.
It wasn't very difficult, it was just... boring as fuck ;)
(Also the fact that you have to keep redoing the damn thing is just... "nope, never again")

Buraindo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Buraindo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Paper Sorcerer -- MB-715066FAFD5CB4DA - Taken by electroflame

Hope I didn't mess this up.

Anteater

uh so in lord of the rings war in the north, I shouldn't upgrade my team members? I'm seeing mixed answers on the web where people claimed they will equip your gears that you give them and there are those that say they don't.

So I should leave them alone and they will level themselves up and equipping their own gears? Seems like a strange design.

Buraindo

uh so in lord of the rings war in the north, I shouldn't upgrade my team members? I'm seeing mixed answers on the web where people claimed they will equip your gears that you give them and there are those that say they don't.

So I should leave them alone and they will level themselves up and equipping their own gears? Seems like a strange design.

From what I played they seem to level up and equip stuff on their own terms. The ability to give items is probably meant for co op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom