• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I remember reading that, and I legit had no idea there was such thing as a GTX 720. I guess it's because all I ever see recommended are mid to high end cards.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
yJWsgqq.jpg

xmOWmj9.jpg

some just made a huge mistake

first time when i build my own PC 10 years ago , the owner of the shop said get the card with bigger number from the left,,its newer = its better
but i didn't listened to him , i got the NX 6600 GT instead on 7200

Holy shit.
He's going to be super disappointed when the game finally comes out.

Anteater

war in the north is pretty fun

although there's a bit too many "defend this spot with a turret" for my taste, kind of looks good too

Sarcasm

For anyone looking to scratch the SNES Zelda itch, bit Dungeon II from the current Humble Weekly does a pretty good job of it. It's not perfect by any stretch, but it definitely has the feel down and while it has aspects of Isaac-likes such as permadeath, it's not nearly as merciless (spoiler on how the death mechanic works ->
So long as you go back to the spot where you died, you can retrieve your extra life, you'll only die permanently if you die before doing so
). For a dollar it's definitely worth giving a shot if you like the genre.

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I tried this as I own it and I follow what it says but I do not attack..how do I attack? (or do anything).

Yes I read everything.

I haven't played a MMO for a long time so I decided to give a chance to Goat MMO Simulator, and I'm very hooked to it. As mostly MMO you start by choosing what class you want to be in that incredible virtual world, and the classes all have different gameplay so I advise anyone interested to try all of them. The quests are very well integrated in the game in a way that even fetch quests are related to the world's lore, you don't even feel like you're just bringing things from point A to point C, still talking about the world it feels lively with all the NPC's minding their business while you run errands and saves the place from the evil sheep.

Other positive point the game has are the various races you have the chance to interact with, humans, high elves, goats, these strange hairy things, sheeps, mermaids and etc. Though this game also has it flaws, the server was suffering from lag and it was very visible with players rubberbanding across the world and the chat isn't the more intuitive thing to use.

Turfster

Nuuvem has Moredoor for 13.37$

IncognitaInvisible Inc's Day 4 is bullshit, though.
Monst3r is fucking useless, and if you don't have AP2 weapons, you're hosed.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit -- MB-C4227AEFD796A372 - Taken by billmcdougal. 5 entrants total.
InnerCube -- MB-4A57ACB9E523828D - Taken by Shantom. 2 entrants total.
GROUND POUNDERS -- MB-11900D69BD5178F9 - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Top Hat -- MB-D229EE1983BAC2F5 - Taken by Eanan. 3 entrants total.

t1431652249z1.png
x

Lomax

I tried this as I own it and I follow what it says but I do not attack..how do I attack? (or do anything).

Yes I read everything.

It's really weird in terms of controls, the one button (either mouse click or space bar) does everything, attack, defend, and loot (I assume due to its origins as a flash game). When you have a melee weapon, it doesn't really animate the attack unless you get close to a mob. I stuck with a bow once I found one, the range helps survivability a ton and you can just spam attack and then wait for the energy to regen. The staff might be worth it too, but you have to charge it up. I ended up using joy2key to use my controller as apparently x360ce won't make the game recognize it.

I played about 3 hours and "beat" the game, finishing all the dungeons. I enjoyed it and could see going back to it, it's semi-random in terms of layout.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BoxesWithGuns -- MB-F335ED42346359B8 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.

t1431653029z1.png

take it

Jadax

yJWsgqq.jpg

xmOWmj9.jpg

first time when i build my own PC 10 years ago , the owner of the shop said get the card with bigger number from the left,,its newer = its better

LOL wow that just made my night.

war in the north is pretty fun

although there's a bit too many "defend this spot with a turret" for my taste, kind of looks good too
It downsamples really well, too.

I wonder what Snowblind is up to these days, if they even exist at all. They deserve more love.

Edit: Wikipedia says they merged with Monolith. So I guess they probably did some work on Shadow of Mordor. I guess making Loot RPGs doesn't pay enough of the bills.

Turfster

I'm not just playing it again, I bought it again. I bought it on PC back when it came out and recently bought it on PS4 cos it was 24$. Almost bought Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) cos it's 24$ too.

... why?
24$ is like... 4 other, new PC games you don't have yet.

Also, if you don't have AssFlag, it's even more incomprehensible, since that's actually an okay-ish game ;)
Hell, Assflag (uplay of course) is 10$ on the humble store at the moment =p

Don't you hate it when they make achievements that require lots of grinding? I went back to Letter Quest and finished all the achievements except one: spell 3000 words. I got all the other achievements with just over 2000 words (one of which was, coincidentally, spell 2000 words.) I was thinking, well gee, couldn't I just start in expert mode and do a thousand more there to finish it off? Nope, gotta be done on one playthrough. Part of me wants to just get the "perfect game" but another part doesn't want to spend hours grinding for it with no other goal.

I never used to care about achievements...I dunno what's wrong with me these days.

Freezard

What happened to Lost Planet 2? This isn't the first time it's not discounted on a sale.

Also is Lost Planet 1 worth it if you're only getting it for the horror experience?

Go back to not caring.
Those are "fuck you" achievements that will make you hate the game and the devs.

What's even funnier is there was a steam forum thread about it. Apparently the original achievement was for 5000 words, but they lowered it. Maybe I just spelled too many high-scoring words in my playthrough.

Curse of the trophy hunter.

Wish I could say it was that but I only have two games Platinum'd, Infamous 2 and Second Son.

... why?
24$ is like... 4 other, new PC games you don't have yet.

Also, if you don't have AssFlag, it's even more incomprehensible, since that's actually an okay-ish game ;)
Hell, Assflag (uplay of course) is 10$ on the humble store at the moment =p

4 more PC games to add to the 600 or so I already own and haven't played, yeah, no.

I didn't grab Black Flag, even though I've heard good things about it, because I've bought Assassin's Creed 1, 2, and 3 and never spent more than 8 hours in each.

Fox318

yJWsgqq.jpg

xmOWmj9.jpg

ugh boy

Maniac

Banned
So beautiful. Give me a movie based on the game.

There will be... Kind of. The creator of the opening cinematic for TW2 (and iirc, he was involved with or made the one in 3 aswell?) is directing A feature-length The Witcher film. I've no idea if it's live-action or CG, though.

If it's as good CG as that trailer though.... Mmmmm, hot damn.

There will be... Kind of. The creator of the opening cinematic for TW2 (and iirc, he was involved with or made the one in 3 aswell?) is directing A feature-length The Witcher film. I've no idea if it's live-action or CG, though.

If it's as good CG as that trailer though.... Mmmmm, hot damn.

It was made by Digic Pictures responsible for the other CGI movies of the other games. Really great work they are doing.

yJWsgqq.jpg

xmOWmj9.jpg

I need an update on this story when Witcher 3 releases.

Make it happen, my dear L.O.R.D.

Maniac

Banned
It was made by Digic Pictures responsible for the other CGI movies of the other games. Really great work they are doing.

Yup, yup. And the director of said CGI videos is directing the feature-film. Although considering it's Digic Pictures, I'm assuming it'll be CGI, and not live-action. But I can't recall ever getting confirmation. I'm really excited either way.

Yup, yup. And the director of said CGI videos is directing the feature-film. Although considering it's Digic Pictures, I'm assuming it'll be CGI, and not live-action. But I can't recall ever getting confirmation. I'm really excited either way.

If this is true, then it will surpass all CGI movies and someone who will contest that will get eaten whole by a witcher. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom