• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC is plugged into a TV.
So it's on DVI, as I need the HDMI ports for my PS3 and the antenna.
Am I the only one who play PC games on a TV?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-30D0744E52DA493B - Taken by Freezard. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-A0B3E9D904B23D59 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 1 entrants total.
Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin -- MB-AFED06C27244996E - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 2 entrants total.
Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack -- MB-F58C48426F2027FA - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-3DF25EBBEBBE1942 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Hearts of Iron III -- MB-E645CC2CDE028C16 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-50C99D4D658F9AEE - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.

t1431658129z1.png

Yeah, been thinking of HDMI to favor as well. Currently still on VGA.

Been asking since the tv I am temporarily using as monitor cuts stuff away even though it says 1080p-monitor. Thought it might be a HDMI thing.

Argh, I need to stop overthinking.

shockdude

Been asking since the tv I am temporarily using as monitor cuts stuff away even though it says 1080p-monitor. Thought it might be a HDMI thing.

Sounds like TV overscan. You can usually fix it by mucking with the TV display settings or changing the input label to "PC."

TVs are real nice for PC games, especially after calibrating the settings. A shame most TVs still have huge input latency compared to decent PC monitors.

Khronico

Been really sick the last two days so I ended up binge-ing(?) on Witcher 2. Game continues to be really good, it's also gorgeous and runs really well on my rig.

Trying to keep myself from spending anything on these sales although Starpoint Gemini 2 is REALLY tempting... I got so many video games to play already...

Sounds like TV overscan. You can usually fix it by mucking with the TV display settings or changing the input label to "PC."

TVs are real nice for PC games, especially after calibrating the settings. A shame most TVs still have huge input latency compared to decent PC monitors.
Eh. This budget tv doesn't seem to have such an option. Only PC-mode is when being connected via VGA. Ah well. Have to use it with custom res of 1824x1026. Gets a bit unsharp but better than loosing stuff.

Agree with you. Sometimes I regret sitting in a chair and just want to rest comfortably on the sofa.

thanks for all your input, suggestions and warnings people. took me several hours of research but it's honestly fun times.

settled on this monitor. 24" (60,96cm) LG Electronics 24MB56HQ-B for 130€

it's an ah-ips, 5ms display at 1000:1 cr. 60hz and not the fastest reaction times but good colors and viewing angles (this goes for ips in general, not only this model), hdmi & vga. no gsync obviously. adjustable in height and tilt. pretty alright at that price.

maybe this will be of some help for others. think i learned a thing or two, so i'm looking forward to helping others - in some capacity at least. i'm no doc though ;)

ps: sorry for lack of capitalization. weird circumstances (and my stupidity -_-') forced me. good night folks.

Miguel81

How are you folks rolling with your monitors.
HDMI or DVI?

DVI for monitor, though it does have HDMI. I use the gpu HDMI port for my receiver/TV.

My PC is plugged into a TV.
So it's on DVI, as I need the HDMI ports for my PS3 and the antenna.
Am I the only one who play PC games on a TV?

Love PC games on the TV, unless it's pnc adventures and crpgs, which are best saved for the desk.

Miguel81

Does it have a Just Scan(1:1) option? You can use the gpu scaling settings as well. AMD, at least, have overscan by default so I have to set it to 0%.

Why no one reads Turfster's posts part 1

that's adorable :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

bit Dungeon II -- MB-8635A6BB8D2C3EA2 - Taken by Bayonetta. 3 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger -- MB-089CB13033CE0F81 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Depth of Peril -- MB-8B6641CA5234D8E2 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.

t1431664129z1.png

Nope. Been using a TV for a year.

High five.

Love PC games on the TV, unless it's pnc adventures and crpgs, which are best saved for the desk.

My TV is quite close to my couch, so I have no problem with those kind of games on my wireless devices on my portable small table.
Some games forced me to move the couch closer to the TV though. Small UIs and texts are mainly the only problem.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was Star Command removed from steam or was never there in the first place? I could sware I saw it, was playing it on my phone just now (free from amazon) and it's kind of awesome

chronomac

Everyone needs to stop what they're doing and go see Mad Max. Unbelievably good.

Makes the action in Age of Ultron look like a B-movie, direct-to-DVD, bottom-of-the-$1-bin-at-Walmart dump.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah ha! Must have seen it on green light then? Whatever it seems awesome and I want it on pc

Copons

I haven't played a MMO for a long time so I decided to give a chance to Goat MMO Simulator, and I'm very hooked to it. As mostly MMO you start by choosing what class you want to be in that incredible virtual world, and the classes all have different gameplay so I advise anyone interested to try all of them. The quests are very well integrated in the game in a way that even fetch quests are related to the world's lore, you don't even feel like you're just bringing things from point A to point C, still talking about the world it feels lively with all the NPC's minding their business while you run errands and saves the place from the evil sheep.

Other positive point the game has are the various races you have the chance to interact with, humans, high elves, goats, these strange hairy things, sheeps, mermaids and etc. Though this game also has it flaws, the server was suffering from lag and it was very visible with players rubberbanding across the world and the chat isn't the more intuitive thing to use.

Oh, Panda Panda...

Shadownet

Banned
Everyone needs to stop what they're doing and go see Mad Max. Unbelievably good.

Makes the action in Age of Ultron look like a B-movie, direct-to-DVD, bottom-of-the-$1-bin-at-Walmart dump.
I just got back from it. I wouldn't go as far as to say Age of Ultron as a B-movie.

But as much as I hate to say, Mad Max is definitely the better movie, though Age of Ultron appeal to a wider audience.

But damn Mad Max though, you guys need to go see it. What a rollercoaster ride! Definitely deserved the 99% on Rottentomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom