• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Magnetic By Nature -- MB-BEE2DDCF4528E6BA - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
Shadows of War -- MB-99549B2A0E42AF5C - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
SCHAR: Blue Shield Alliance -- MB-6587C4E0843E71D6 - Taken by Lain. 1 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-E4906F033DEEE653 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Bermuda -- MB-FFEC17EB50D6BD2E - Taken by Annubis. 2 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-8362273E7C276CBD - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.
Rotieer -- MB-B18CA9F51F4F982D - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.
Ninja Guy -- MB-56EDFB218F2A555E - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Retro/Grade -- MB-25981F4E652B3E3F - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1431706071z1.png
x

that fact that PC elitist even exists as a term is hilarious

considering it's 2015 and people still legitimately say stuff like "pc is nothing but mmos and strategy games" as if those aren't real games, let alone being completely false.

/r/pcmasterrace

no, you're not ... they're gone pretty much the second they're posted ;)

In the us they aren't, they're live for a few minutes... at least they were with sky mercenaries keys.

I jump a lot in VN's alright ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes, otherwise it is pretty good so far.Although the tutorial annoyed me to no end. I hate it when games restrict to teach. Don't just lock everything until you want to teach it, this is irritating!

I am hope I can do 1080p/60fps with the new graphics card. But I don't actually know how much I can do with my rig, honestly.

It lashed into my face when Gerald has to take the ballista at the siege and has to get down to it. I was reminded of Chivalry and Warband and tried to jump right down or climb up to a ledge, but these witcher castles and their invisible walls held me back. I also usually jump out of boredom while I go somewhere, so that's one important activity I am missing in the game.

Ah, the game didn't have a tutorial when I played it, must be an Enhanced Edition addon.

Chariot

Been meaning to upgrade but at this point in going to use what I got until I no longer can.
Yeah, seeing how much the recent consoles already holding pc games back at the beginning of the generation I doubt that you have to upgrade very fast. Unless something breaks my stuff seems good enough to at least play all upcoming games for this cycle.
Ah, the game didn't have a tutorial when I played it, must be an Enhanced Edition addon.
Ah that's explains something. I was puzzled why it had a detailed "press w to walk" tutorial and then repeated explanations during the siege.

I have a feeling capcom didn't want to release a patch and don't know what to do with the pricing, the vanilla was still priced at $49.99 on steam while the DE was like $40 on console, maybe it sounds like more work for less money to them on the PC when the game was still selling good at $49.99.

As I said multiple times yesterday, Capcom hasn't released a patch/new version for PC because the most likely feel there's no market for it. The PS4/X1 DE version is the PC version + all dlc + mods + a few new bits/modes/features that the devs added.

Considering you can get DmC + all DLC for $20 or less during a sale, Capcom is betting (and they're probably right) that putting a new version on steam/PC (where it was already pirated "to Hell and back" [this is what happens when you fuck with a beloved franchise and nobody wants to support it but everyone wants to see how bad it is]), is a waste of money.

Sure, I'd buy it during a sale, sounds like Freedom and InfiniteNine were interested... but Capcom figures that most people are going to say "I don't care about that enough to pay (again) for the differences" and will just skip it or pirate it again. And they're probably right. So why spend money getting a PC version up and running when they don't see the sales there? This is why Capcom does anything at the end of the day: sales and profits. How easy would it be to get Iron Galaxy to port those 3 emulated fighters with GGPO from PSN/XBL to Steam? I'd go sell my blood/plasma/anything people are paying for to get the $45 to buy SF: 3rd Strike Online, Darkstalker Resurrection, and MvC Origins @ 14.99 each. But they don't see the market for it as a big enough potential profit maker, so it's not going to happen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is the Friend Activity page borked for anybody else? I had five or six unread comments and now have no way to view them as nothing is showing in my feed and the notifications are gone.

Turfster

Is the Friend Activity page borked for anybody else? I had five or six unread comments and now have no way to view them as nothing is showing in my feed and the notifications are gone.

It's been dead for about an hour for me, with some "whoops can't connect" errors too.

Hero Prinny is banned until June 5th
Huh.

Probably this?
1. eww mobile.
mobile gaming was a mistake, its nothing but trash.

2. OH JOY PC SUPPORT!! I really hope supporting steam increases their profits by a lot. Prinnies must not die, we must save NISA from bankruptcy.

#savetheprinnies
Didn't see anything else in his post history which could lead to a ban. Likely his remark about mobile gaming, dunno.
/r/pcmasterrace
You know, I'm probably one of the most PC-centric folks here. I have zero consoles or handhelds. PC is the only place I have.

I do think it is the best place for gaming generally, even though there are loads of exclusives I would love to have. The pros are just that much more.

And still it is unfathomable how much of a baby one has to be to hate others and glorify himself to feel better. It's really a sign of bad character.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's been dead for about an hour for me, with some "whoops can't connect" errors too.
Yup, nothing is showing up.
Yup, currently blank for me.

Ta. Annoyingly, the comments were split between two activity updates (for some people, the activation of Don't Starve Together would have appeared on its own) and I don't think it's possible for me to view the "other" one without the notification link.

derExperte

I saw his/her post history, and found no particular post that stood out. Or is showing disdain to mobile is bannable offense now?

He posted that he wouldn't carry his girlfriend's purse.

A few months ago it wouldn't even have crossed my mind that that could be the reason but it's getting rather crazy in certain parts of this forum.

KarmaCow

Go to playfire.com
Then chek the blog link

Yea they updated it today with Moonchild but do they give any indication on future games to get rewards? Quickly looking at the games, it only seems to be games on GMG itself but it was pretty annoying getting all the achievements in Broken Age right before they added rewards for it. I'll be annoyed if they add Axiom Verge on Monday though.

baterism

He posted that he wouldn't carry his girlfriend's purse.

A few months ago I would've said that that couldn't possibly be the reason but it's getting rather crazy in certain parts of this forum.
Better stay low.
Footy GAF and Figure GAF where ordered to be purged. Their homeplantes where given the Exterminatus and outliers are to be hunted down by all chapters, executed on sight.
Ah, I remember some post talking about it here. Disbanded because being extremely off topic and lewd image(?)
We must talk about Steam more often.

It was for the mobile post
Finally mobile get respect it's deserve...
Mobile is cool. Uhm this Sonic runner is much fun guys!

sprinkles

I am trying to beat my Dark Souls addiction so I played some Malebolgia over the last few days. I am really digging the exploration and the feeling of being totally lost now and then - which is good because there are no FAQs. Learning the boss patterns is also rewarding in a Souls kinda way, even if your own movement set feels limited at times.

Oh, and it looks great:

I am trying to beat my Dark Souls addiction so I played some Malebolgia over the last few days. I am really digging the exploration and the feeling of being totally lost now and then - which is good because there are no FAQs. Learning the boss patterns is also rewarding in a Souls kinda way, even if your own movement set feels limited at times.

Oh, and it looks great:
zkylon warning

iosefe

i've still not played this, but i probably wont. enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jet Set Radio -- MB-40A555C6ABA4A03B - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.

t1431709851z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-7F7DE28C69DD04EC - Taken by TheLight. 7 entrants total.
Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-C83F804329A7F2A4 - Taken by Blu(e). 21 entrants total.

t1431719991z1.png

iosefe

i might sitll pass on the giveaway, i have PoE i need to get through, and soon enough D:OS 2.0

i think i'll just delete vanilla DOS

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I keep putting off playing Divinity because of this, I'm really looking forward to this updated version.

It seems that Nippon Ichi are going to start releasing games on Steam (again).

NISA's next Steam game is htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary. It got some mediocre reviews (mainly because of the Vita controls it seems, so this could be fixed?)
Source: https://steamdb.info/sub/67804/history/
Thanks to HGH in the Media Create thread for finding it.

Well, it's a start at least.

We need to help save the prinnies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom