• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Valkyria Chronicles -66%

I never managed to finish back in the day when I had a PS3. Even if I no longer have the console I still have this game packed with other small collectibles.

Was this port well received when it comes to performance and visuals? No major issues? I'm tempted but I think I'll hold for the 75% Off in the future for budget reasons. I can wait so all is good!

chronomac

I never managed to finish back in the day when I had a PS3. Even if I no longer have the console I still have this game packed with other small collectibles.

Was this port well received when it comes to performance and visuals? No major issues? I'm tempted but I think I'll hold for the 75% Off in the future for budget reasons. I can wait so all is good!

I remember Durante saying that it was a great port. He posted some shots in the screenshot thread when it hit Steam.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

The port ran incredibly well for a lot of people - so much overhead people were able to do some crazy downsampling. I think one of the only major issues was taking double damage with the framerate at 60FPS, not sure if there was ever a fix for that. As far as I know though, it's considered to be an excellent port and worth the investment for whenever you get around to it.

Ayumi

Is the Friend Activity page borked for anybody else? I had five or six unread comments and now have no way to view them as nothing is showing in my feed and the notifications are gone.

The whole goddamn client is a
broken piece of shit
. ._.
And the website is no better. You'd think they'd manage to create a working service by now.

Turfster

broken piece of shit
. ._.
And the website is no better. You'd think they'd manage to create a working service by now.

Everything besides the library tab is basically the website, which is mindboggling =p

Chariot

Yes, it's wonderful. Grab it!
The port ran incredibly well for a lot of people - so much overhead people were able to do some crazy downsampling. I think one of the only major issues was taking double damage with the framerate at 60FPS, not sure if there was ever a fix for that. As far as I know though, it's considered to be an excellent port and worth the investment for whenever you get around to it.
Actually the bug was more liek a fix. It's still managable, but you can't use the lame Scout rush on 60 fps anymore. At least not as easy as before.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
broken piece of shit
. ._.

I suspect that Valve will finally launch a new version of the client once they've reached their goal of offloading as much as possible to the hands of the community. It'd be their last action for the service before flying up into the clouds, never to be seen again, while the service is run like some sort of twisted, perpetual rube goldberg machine.

baterism

The double damage was only on cross fire (no, not about AMD cards) supposedly dealing more damage than usual. And sometimes tank have problem at climbing up hills. It's quite minor I think, there's also an option for 30fps.
I play it on 60fps, and I don't think it make the game any significantly harder. I said it make Extreme Skirmish impossible before, but I retract that statement after tried it again and get A rank.

It's amazing port for an amazing game, imho.

Dunno if old, but Nyu sale on GMGI also had more damage and tank trouble with an AMD card.
AMD cards crossfire I mean. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The port is really good, and it has no major issues.

Chariot

Dunno if old, but Nyu sale on GMG
The double damage was only on cross fire (no, not about AMD cards) supposedly dealing more damage than usual. And sometimes tank have problem at climbing up hills. It's quite minor I think, there's also an option for 30fps.
I play it on 60fps, and I don't think it make the game any significantly harder. I said it make Extreme Skirmish impossible before, but I retract that statement after tried it again and get A rank.

It's amazing port for an amazing game, imho.
I also had more damage and tank trouble with an AMD card.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I suspect that Valve will finally launch a new version of the client once they've reached their goal of offloading as much as possible to the hands of the community. It'd be their last action for the service before flying up into the clouds, never to be seen again, while the service is run like some sort of twisted, perpetual rube goldberg machine.

What I don't understand is Valve's reluctance to hinder outside (aka "Crowd Sourced") client development. GOG Galaxy is exciting to me because they've essentially given people permission to tinker with their web APIs and services and to even build an entirely new client around them if you'd like.

I understand the difference between DRM and DRM-free, of course, but the Steam client itself could be easily modified (by Valve) to be more modular and to allow additional features to be built on top of it by mod or skin developers. Doing so would essentially give them yet another avenue to explore what people create and to increase customer satisfaction.

But... Valve.

The_Monk

I remember Durante saying that it was a great port. He posted some shots in the screenshot thread when it hit Steam.

Yes, it's wonderful. Grab it!

The port is really good, and it has no major issues.

Thank you all my good people! This is the sort of positive feedback I was hoping. I will grab it when it goes at 75% probably. I think I only invested 10 hours or so in the console version back in the day and I liked the sort of strategy that the game offered back then. Should be interesting to play at 1080p.

derExperte

axiom verge does not disappoint, dont think ill ever finish xeodrifter now

My one complaint so far are the very simplistic boss fights. Find a good spot and shoot. Success. There are still enough left, hope they get harder.

But that soundtrack. OMG.

And what's wrong with xeo? Bad or just boring?

you folks sure complained when there were dozens of Bloodborne threads in gaming but zero peeps when it comes to the Witcher 3.

I see what's going on in here.

Tizoc

Geez where were you when this game was released? Did you miss the hype for this game or something?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadows of War -- MB-F577F8FCD9E58795 - Taken by Tempy. 3 entrants total.
Ninja Guy -- MB-F637207E94192241 - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.
Space Station Alpha -- MB-860A4D7DFDD285B7 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
SCHAR -- MB-4FAB88574C7DDD62 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Siege of Turtle Enclave -- MB-FCA2053195656998 - Taken by lindarasta. 4 entrants total.

t1431711532z1.png

Chariot

you folks sure complained when there were dozens of Bloodborne threads in gaming but zero peeps when it comes to the Witcher 3.

I see what's going on in here.
Does somebody really complained about the Witcher 3 presence? It's avaible on PS4 and Xbox One and the Wii U only crowd usually hold their feet still.

Kifimbo

Spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-98BD4588DAE65B56 - Taken by baterism

Does somebody really complained about the Witcher 3 presence? It's avaible on PS4 and Xbox One and the Wii U only crowd usually hold their feet still.

I was talking about the complaints regarding the spamming of threads when BB was launching versus the lack thereof now with the Witcher 3 coming out. My Steamgaf brethren seem unwilling to call a spade a spade regarding the overkill in threads and all im sayin' is that people are being inconsistent regarding this issue.

Mind you, this comes from someone who has TW3 preordered on PC and hasn't played a second of BB so I'm coming from a reasonable place.

Chariot

I was talking about the complaints regarding the spamming of threads when BB was launching versus the lack thereof now with the Witcher 3 coming out. My Steamgaf brethren seem unwilling to call a spade a spade regarding the overkill in threads and all im sayin' is that people are being inconsistent regarding this issue.

Mind you, this comes from someone who has TW3 preordered on PC and hasn't played a second of BB so I'm coming from a reasonable place.
Well, probably people have less reason to be jealous because most people should be able to play it some way or another. But I missed the complaints when BB released, heard only good things.

Phawx

My one complaint so far are the very simplistic boss fights. Find a good spot and shoot. Success. There are still enough left, hope they get harder.

But that soundtrack. OMG.

And what's wrong with xeo? Bad or just boring?

All but the last boss fight is like that. The last boss fight, if you don't have better weapons or health/power/size/range nodes, you're gonna have a hard time.

Sigh, my 750 Ti is below minimum reqs for Witcher 3...
I wish there was a way to download more GPU cycles to your computer, like you can download more RAM. :\

And to think, I just upgraded to that. The trailing-edge struggle is real.

Oh well. I have enough in my backlog (incl. the Witcher 2.)

dex3108

Sony was nice enough and posted their Conference time so here it is my E3 schedule :D
Please tell me if you want any changes and if i got times right. Stream links should be right but i will update them if they are wrong.

What to expect:

• Fallout 4 Announcement
  • Dishonored 2 Announcement
  • Doom Gameplay

Xvum6FS.png

What to expect:

• Rise of Tomb Raider Gameplay
  • Rare Studios Game Announcement
  • Indie Games Announcements
  • Halo 5: Guardians SP Gameplay
  • Forza 6 Gameplay

Xvum6FS.png