• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Beards are great, I would approve of such a thread. BeardGAF unite!

*high five*

On the other side, my girlfriend has a crush on geralt a bit and doesn't like that he grew a beard for this one, lol. I assured her of the beard dlc. Now he had to just make sure to always look grumpy and she'll be happy.

def sim

I really do enjoy the "post your character" threads, they're totally legit, I'd participate in those if I have those games. Made me sad they didn't have a character creator demo for dragon age inquisition

I make fun, but I'll take any excuse I can get to post pictures of my characters.

Check out my bloodborne character:

blooborgirl5vstn.jpg

Her hair clips through all clothing in the game and it's the worst.

My Geralt is looking alright, though I wish he could chop off the ponytail.

wtchr2grlty6r9y.png

Arthea

I kinda wanna get the Narnia game but then it would me my 2000th game, on other hand I'm a prince from Narnia..
http://i.imgur.com/y2Zwk.gif[/img[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iKkbf09KT6vA5.gif

Princess, what's wrong with you?

I mean, I bought it, I'll consider it being a bundle, yea one game a bundle, deal with it!

derExperte

The first Narnia movie was one my least enjoyable movie experiences ever. And then I got part 2 during a sneak peak-show (where you see a new movie but don't know which). My worst experience. No way I want that game in my account, you'd literally have to pay me.

Arthea

The first Narnia movie was one my least enjoyable movie experiences ever. And then I got part 2 during a sneak peak-show (where you see a new movie but don't know which). That was my worst experience. No way I want that game in my account.

Aren't you touchy? I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one movie, I don't remember a thing about it
it could be I slept during most of it

not all Narnia dwellers are human ;)

Princess, you still can't be a prince, no excuses will change that

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
you folks sure complained when there were dozens of Bloodborne threads in gaming but zero peeps when it comes to the Witcher 3.

I see what's going on in here.

From the first 10 pages:

Some stats we can discern:

• 17 Threads in total that mention Witcher in some capacity.
  • 8 Threads that mention a platform.
  • 4 Threads that mention the Playstation platform specifically.
  • 3 Threads dedicated to a Witcher preload.
  • 2 Threads dedicated to a Witcher preload on a Playstation platform.

Unfortunately, I did not do a similar assessment of Bloodborne when it was released, so I'll have to use Gaf's search feature.

Total number of threads with the word "Bloodborne" in the title: 280.
Total number of threads with the words "Witcher 3" in the title: 287.

Bloodborne was announced in mid-2014.
Witcher 3 was announced early-2013.

Number of Bloodborne threads whose most recent post is within the last week: 13.

As a person who cares the absolute bare minimum possible about the Witcher, I agree that there are enough damn threads. But you have to admit, this is spread across multiple platforms with multiple distribution platforms on one of the platforms (and even there, even on a ostensibly PC-centric release, a slight Playstation bias in coverage and thread creation). My total numbers up there even include talk about the Witcher DLC.

Bloodborne was one game on one system whose fans were so hell bent on reminding you of its existence that it even seeped into other threads where it had absolutely no business. At least the Witcher has a reason to be discussed here.

I think that's why you may be perceiving a bias.

Salsa

My one complaint so far are the very simplistic boss fights. Find a good spot and shoot. Success. There are still enough left, hope they get harder.

But that soundtrack. OMG.

And what's wrong with xeo? Bad or just boring?

feels silly next to this. basically does a similar thing but worse

ill finish it later tho. I also lost some progresa for some reason and it bummed me out

watched the not a hero gb quick look and its tempting me againnn

SteamGAF is having a revolution against GAFModeration = confirmed.

At the place I'm working at right now. I'm in the computer department. Guess what wallpaper they have on the work computers in that department.

Worthless to bother.
Everyone will just end up with bans.
I got 3 months off for just stating facts about moderation here.
Bishoptl will just can anyone who speaks out against the way this site is moderation with a reason of "nobody is keeping you here."

Is Dead Rising 2 worth it with a buddy?

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=is+dead+rising+2+co-op+any+good

From the first 10 pages:

Some stats we can discern:

• 17 Threads in total that mention Witcher in some capacity.
  • 8 Threads that mention a platform.
  • 4 Threads that mention the Playstation platform specifically.
  • 3 Threads dedicated to a Witcher preload.
  • 2 Threads dedicated to a Witcher preload on a Playstation platform.

Unfortunately, I did not do a similar assessment of Bloodborne when it was released, so I'll have to use Gaf's search feature.

Total number of threads with the word "Bloodborne" in the title: 280.
Total number of threads with the words "Witcher 3" in the title: 287.

Bloodborne was announced in mid-2014.
Witcher 3 was announced early-2013.

Number of Bloodborne threads whose most recent post is within the last week: 13.

As a person who cares the absolute bare minimum possible about the Witcher, I agree that there are enough damn threads. But you have to admit, this is spread across multiple platforms with multiple distribution platforms on one of the platforms (and even there, even on a ostensibly PC-centric release, a slight Playstation bias in coverage and thread creation). My total numbers up there even include talk about the Witcher DLC.

Bloodborne was one game on one system whose fans were so hell bent on reminding you of its existence that it even seeped into other threads where it had absolutely no business. At least the Witcher has a reason to be discussed here.

I think that's why you may be perceiving a bias.

goddamit morningbus why did you have to do a quantitative analysis of this and bring facts into the mix? let me have my finger pointing moment!

So, I was playing FFIV After Years, I completed a chapter and I was figuring out what to do in order to access challenge dungeon for that episode. Challenge dungeons are special dungeons unlocked upon completing each episode, I know because as usually I checked a guide. But...sad thing is, those dungeons are not on iOS version at all. SE removed those, they are only on 2D version of the game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/09/final-fantasy-iv-years-missing-content-ios-android/

This is why I won't be any of the 3D remakes. I just enjoy the 2D versions more.

LOL at the Prince Caspian game - it has an all-time peak of 3 players.

Turfster

Another mind-boggling thing.
You can't finetune the market search.
If you search for "not the robots", you get EVERY DAMN THING THAT HAS ROBOT ANYWHERE.
Even if you add "card" to the search, that still nets you 130 results, with the first actually relevant result on page 4.

derExperte

Aren't you touchy? I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one movie, I don't remember a thing about it
it could be I slept during most of it

The overt christian themes totally rubbed me the wrong way and according to those who read the books they are much more pronounced in the movies so it isn't even a case of being faithful to the original source. Especially part 2 felt like shameless propaganda. 'I'm a lion but actually Jesus now please worship me and then we'll go kill some non-believers.'

Arthea

If you search for "not the robots", you get EVERY DAMN THING THAT HAS ROBOT ANYWHERE.

yeah, I noticed that long ago, there are certain words that make search just go haywire. I don't know why search can't prioritize exact wording over anything else. Too normal?

Chariot

wait.... you hate: Sam, anime, Sony.
what they even have in common?! Tell me, I must know
Sam. Anime. Sony.
SAS.
Special Air Service.
He hates british special forces. Which means he is an enemy of Britannia. Which means he probably supports the Scots. I deduce that morningbus is an seperatist.

Turfster

Sam. Anime. Sony.
SAS.
Special Air Service.
He hates british special forces. Which means he is an enemy of Britannia. Which means he probably supports the Scots. I deduce that morningbus is an seperatist.

What colour is the boat house at Hereford?

Box Out! keys now available for Groupees Southern Europe
Will Fight for Food keys now available for Groupees BAB2

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Even if you add "card" to the search, that still nets you 130 results, with the first actually relevant result on page 4.

That's why you should be using steam card exchange's badge price list to find cards, backgrounds, emotes, etc.

It makes searching for stuff a lot easier.

Arthea

Sam. Anime. Sony.
SAS.
Special Air Service.

good work! now we know his secrets we can blackmail him into practically anything. Ideas?
Maybe he could finally get us Yakuza on PC? What do you think? I'd take Steins Gate and Danganronpa too.

dex3108

You forgot Nintendo! :)

I explained that yesterday :D Nintendo will probably have only their own Stream on YouTube and Twitch and it is pre-recorded beefing and after that they will do live event. And i am not sure if other pages like IGN or Gamespot will host Nintendo E3 Direct. I have template ready for Nintendo and if i get confirmation that other sites will host Direct i will add Nintendo :D

iosefe

I explained that yesterday :D Nintendo will probably have only their own Stream on YouTube and Twitch and it is pre-recorded beefing and after that they will do live event. And i am not sure if other pages like IGN or Gamespot will host Nintendo E3 Direct. I have template ready for Nintendo and if i get confirmation that other sites will host Direct i will add Nintendo :D

you gotta change your banners anyway

S-E blinked

Arthea

I like how Wild Season devs posted update how they were having fun instead of working on a damn game. Not that it is something wrong with having fun, but not at cost of a game I wait for, we can't have this now, can we?
Is the gamemaking actually like any other job, that you would do basically anything if that delays doing your work?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-FE84EF12E116FE20 - Taken by Kagemusha

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mystery Game #1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

tmarg

The overt christian themes totally rubbed me the wrong way and according to those who read the books they are much more pronounced in the movies so it isn't even a case of being faithful to the original source. Especially part 2 felt like shameless propaganda.

It is true to the books, I don't know why anyone would tell you otherwise. Just about everything C.S. Lewis wrote was like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom