• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That announced port of the Sony funded Bloodborne can't come to PC soon enough so check out the character I created in the character creator From Software released for PC.

Dsyndrome

Only thing bad about getting games early is when there's some Day 1 patch that totally changes the experience you'd get otherwise, like Evil Within or the shit-pile of Unity pre-launch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My physical copy comes with a GOG code. I may be able to play early by installing with the DVDs but I'm not sure yet.

Like the GOG version, the data is useless until release day as it's missing a core file, which I presume is the executable:

Q: Do I need Internet access to install the retail PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?
A: The initial, pre-premiere retail PC batch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt needs to download a file from our servers to allow play. This file will either be downloaded automatically during installation process or you can choose to download it manually from a dedicated website. Since we have no DRM in the game, this is a security measure we needed to incorporate so the game doesn’t leak during the production process. No worries, the file will not be big. Copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt produced after launch will not contain this security feature.

BruteUA

latest

"I REMEMBER YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!"

When that episode first aired, I was scared of closets for years afterwards. My daughter loves watching that series and hasn't noticed yet that I always skip over that one and the follow-up one they did later.

Dsyndrome

I wonder how people get by with no optical media drives, is it that close to all-digital age? I still make DVD's and CD's for my wife, and not being able to access my back catalog of games like Temujin, Dark Side of the Moon, and The X-Files' 8 CD's would kill me.

"Artificial hype" might be one of the dumbest phrases people on GAF have come up with. It really is just a lazy cover for "this game doesn't appeal to me" or "I don't like MP heavy games". And people being cynical about E3 and other show awards now (lol shouldn't have paid attention to them in the first place), where were they when games like Infinite and TLoU were sweeping those? Those weren't even playable in those time periods...

I hope another MP game sweeps it this year (ideally would be L4D3), so people get rustled for no reason.

derExperte

Wha wha whaaat? DVD is still the best way to back up more securely. Sure BD's larger capacity sounds nice but the price and lack of commonplaceness makes DVD still king.

Still waiting for xxTB HoloCube medium.

DVDs for back ups? I mean I liked 2005 as much as the next guy but these days we've got external hard-drives, home servers and the cloud. Faster, more secure and more convenient. Heck, I'd rather use USB-sticks.

"I REMEMBER YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!"

When that episode first aired, I was scared of closets for years afterwards. My daughter loves watching that series and hasn't noticed yet that I always skip over that one and the follow-up one they did later.

Real Ghostbusters was a great show (at least for seasons 1 & 2).

Frank Welker doin' his monster voices (among other things)

tioslash

Hm..weird. So all the comments on my Steam Profile simply vanished 2 days ago and have not returned until now. Read somewhere that it´s a bug and commenting there myself would make them all appear again, but that´s not the case.

DVDs for back ups? I mean I liked 2005 as much as the next guy but these days we've got external hard-drives, home servers and the cloud. Faster, more secure and more convenient. Heck, I'd rather use USB-sticks.
I don't trust the cloud enough >_>
Need my physicality in between palms. Need to feel the bits and bytes ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder how people get by with no optical media drives, is it that close to all-digital age? I still make DVD's and CD's for my wife, and not being able to access my back catalog of games like Temujin, Dark Side of the Moon, and The X-Files' 8 CD's would kill me.

I didn't bother installing my BD drive when I switched cases on Christmas as I realised I couldn't recall the last time I used it. I considered putting it back in when my SSD arrived as none of the flash drives I had lying around were large enough for a bootable Windows "disc", but ultimately I just went out and spent $12 on a 16GB flash drive instead.

Turfster

Have you ever played it before? It's plenty long and enjoyable for the most part.

Not really.
Attempted the GC version on the Wii at a friend's, gave up quickly.

The intro writing is very "I'm Japanese and don't English very good"
Also, why can't I turn on subtitles, Capcpom?
Edit: Oh, I see, only subtitles for other languages... which you select from outside the game.

BruteUA

Real Ghostbusters was a great show (at least for seasons 1 & 2).

Frank Welker doin' his monster voices (among other things)

Always fun to watch Pinky & The Brain and hear Egon. And poor Ernie Hudson, getting turned down to voice himself.

It did get really bad later in the run, and I refuse to even acknowledge that Extreme Ghostbusters ever existed.

Ok so I don't have Witcher 1, I have 2 - should I play that or get 1 and play through that first?

The correct answer is to play Witcher 2, skipping 1.

I actually watched a 3 hour "movie" version of 1 on youtube.

I'm watching a 6 hour movie version of 2 now, same path (Iorveth) as when I played it years ago.

Read all the books and comics and am at maximum hype.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it on Steam?
;)
it's on my steam at least

Aside from the faces.
well, it has dinosaurs..

Ok so I don't have Witcher 1, I have 2 - should I play that or get 1 and play through that first?
first one is hard to get into these days but it's a really good game (in many aspects it's much better than 2) so i'd give it a shot?

Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends
guess gotta move on with my life, even if it didn't go the way i hoped

thanks

dOESN't that game have spiders?
it has a few but they don't affect me

Are you playing Witcher 3 next week? If so just wait for that. If not just play 2. You don't really need 1.

Wrong.

The correct answer is to play Witcher 2, skipping 1.

Wrong.

first one is hard to get into these days but it's a really good game (in many aspects it's much better than 2) so i'd give it a shot?

No clue where you went or whatever, but when you make comments like this, I like that you're back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom