• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Game -- MB-B90B94FF7238F15A - Taken by Mavromatis
This is not something you want

Point of no return.
vjehdr.png

Momentary

Banned
GTAV has sold 300,000 copies on Steam since Witcher III has been on top spot. I'm going to go with this being a million seller on the platform. I wonder what GOG's numbers will be. Probably won't be anything grand, but it will be their biggest game for sure.

SSPssp

Guess!

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-E83B2240945BC495 - Taken by Dsyndrome

Dsyndrome

Can't check what the mystery game was thanks to no mobile redemption (eating breakfast boxty downtown). Probably Bad Rats though.

Copons

Holy shit... Retroarch keeps getting better and better.
ulpnawtmud.png

rdkswmrukn.png

I'm tinkering with it myself, but as far as GB goes, I totally love the original GB shader more: (even if the screen size is smaller)

Also, now that we're casually on emu talk.
About EmulationStation: what do you do when the scraper fails to scrape some of your games?
It doesn't find well known games like ICO or F-Zero GX, and apparently there's a bug in the search engine where it fails when there are strange characters (it applies for the dash in F-Zero, but ICO...?).
It totally bothers me that the only Mega Drive game I have (OutRun), is without proper description. :'(

Knurek

Are those your screens?

No, but that's a stock shader included in the latest nightly build - so provided you will use it, all your games will look like this.
(There are also stock shaders like these for green GB, Game Boy Color, Game Gear and Neo Geo Pocket).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
solid day over at the humble store.

Fotonica, Super Hexagon and Gunpoint are absolute musts at those prices. We had a few people chatting up how good Pid was the other day, Duke Megaton and Shadow Warrior Classic are great catches for those who want to scratch that old school FPS itch.

I'm sure I'm overlooking a few good ones that I haven't played, but really, the most important deal there is Kentucky Route Zero.
Please, Cardboard Computer, Act IV soon ;-;

Turfster

Man, fuck this El Gigante fight in RE4.
Whoops, you're out of ammo, gotta reload, which means standing still in a fucking arena the size of a teacup, and you're being followed buy a giant that has a collision capsule so big you can't fucking go around him before he grabs you half the time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man, fuck this El Gigante fight in RE4.
Whoops, you're out of ammo, gotta reload, which means standing still in a fucking arena the size of a teacup, and you're being followed buy a giant that has a collision capsule so big you can't fucking go around him before he grabs you half the time.
The first one? Haha just wait till you reach the end of the game.

Chariot

Through with Witcher 2. Was really an fantastic game and if it weren't for the nearing release of Witcher 3, I would replay it immediately to see the others paths and possiblities. The escalating story was superb too. If Witcher 2 would be an anime,
it would be about a girl trying to save the volleyball club from being closed due the student council and at the end the americans capret bomb the whole city.

Chapter 2 was my favorite, I really loved the location of the war camp, a ghostly battlefield and the nature. Oh and the story was amazing. The events at the end really throw me out of my chair.

Dsyndrome

Through with Witcher 2. Was really an fantastic game and if it weren't for the nearing release of Witcher 3, I would replay it immediately to see the others paths and possiblities. The escalating story was superb too. If Witcher 2 would be an anime,
it would be about a girl trying to save the volleyball club from being closed due the student council and at the end the americans capret bomb the whole city.

Chapter 2 was my favorite, I really loved the location of the war camp, a ghostly battlefield and the nature. Oh and the story was amazing. The events at the end really throw me out of my chair.

Did you go Roche or Iorveth? I appreciate that there's totally different paths, I just wish I didn't have to play the full game twice to see both.

MRORANGE

I'm tinkering with it myself, but as far as GB goes, I totally love the original GB shader more: (even if the screen size is smaller)

Also, now that we're casually on emu talk.
About EmulationStation: what do you do when the scraper fails to scrape some of your games?
It doesn't find well known games like ICO or F-Zero GX, and apparently there's a bug in the search engine where it fails when there are strange characters (it applies for the dash in F-Zero, but ICO...?).
It totally bothers me that the only Mega Drive game I have (OutRun), is without proper description. :'(

You should be able to enter the data manually and upload a picture instead form your hard-drive.

Chariot

Did you go Roche or Iorveth? I appreciate that there's totally different paths, I just wish I didn't have to play the full game twice to see both.
Papa Roach of course. I even reloaded when I accidently chose the wrong thing that would pushed him away. He is cool and I don't like Iorveth. I even purposely didn't help him at the siege. Fuck you, Iorveth!

ehead

Hi SteamGaf. It has been a while since I saw this thread (I've mostly been lurking years back) and it feels nice to finally be able to post here.

Anyway, has anyone bought Alien: Isolation over at Humblebundle? They currently have it for $12.49. However, please be warned. I tried redeeming the key and Steam is saying it's not available for purchase in my country. I don't understand this error since the game can be bought on my Steam store page. I have already sent a ticket to HB to resolve the issue. I just hope they're not selling region-locked keys (even if they did, they should've stated it on the store page).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hi SteamGaf. It has been a while since I saw this thread (I've mostly been lurking years back) and it feels nice to finally be able to post here.

Anyway, has anyone bought Alien: Isolation over at Humblebundle? They currently have it for $12.49. However, please be warned. I tried redeeming the key and Steam is saying it's not available for purchase in my country. I don't understand this error since the game can be bought on my Steam store page. I have already sent a ticket to HB to resolve the issue. I just hope they're not selling region-locked keys (even if they did, they should've stated it on the store page).

Sega's games tend to have a variety of region-specific retail subs. In Alien Isolation's case:

- South America
- Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam
- Thailand, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, India
- Turkey
- Eastern Europe

FlyVPN's free servers should cover most if not all of the above. Note that you need to restart Steam for your region to change.

Edit: Also, none of the subs are region-locked at the runtime level, so once the key has been activated you can ditch the VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom