• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Iorveth's path is actually more interesting, but I also like Roche more as a character.

Yup, totally agreed there. I'm playing through Witcher 2 again now, and I've taken Iorveth's path for the first time, and I'm really quite enjoying it. Iorveth's an interesting character, but Roche is a bro.

Thorgal

VisualV is awesome for GTA5

gta52015-05-1718-52-2e7ub1.jpg

Copons

You should be able to enter the data manually and upload a picture instead form your hard-drive.

Ah yeah. I'll do that.
And also I'll replace the ratings with something better.
Like, Super Metroid: 3.5 stars? Was it rated by those Miiverse kids unable to push down twice to morph?

yeah...I read that and it's pretty much what everyone figured was going to happen considering it was built from the ground up to work best on one company's cards...there's supposed to be a new driver next week so I have my fingers crossed it helps but it's wait and see

I agree with one thing I saw written on the Steam forums...the basic gist was they took funding from people with both brands PC-wise yet built the game to only work at it's 100% best for one brand and I find that shady at best

Jadax

Anyone play Diablo or other bnet stuff? Apparently I have an account from ages ago..and have Diablo on it, and hots. Hit me up:
Jadax#2287

Man, fuck this El Gigante fight in RE4.
Whoops, you're out of ammo, gotta reload, which means standing still in a fucking arena the size of a teacup, and you're being followed buy a giant that has a collision capsule so big you can't fucking go around him before he grabs you half the time.

Did you help the dog in the beginning?

Backlogger

Anyone play Diablo or other bnet stuff? Apparently I have an account from ages ago..and have Diablo on it, and hots. Hit me up:
Jadax#2287

I do, I've played through the campaign stuff on D3 and the expansion but haven't done much more than that. I also need to finish the SC2 HotS campaign.

Edit: I also might have another Heroes of the Storm beta key if you want it

Chariot

btw. I got W2 on gog galaxy, but W3 on Steam. Can I leave the savefile just in that standard path or do I need to put it at another place for W3 to recognize?

Parsnip

Finished Axiom Verge.

It's really really really good.
Didn't get all the completionist achievements yet, but I probably will.
Not so sure about hard mode, speedrun etc, it's difficult enough game as is when you play with an analog controller.

The story is pretty interesting. But I feel like I need to find some more notes in-game to fill in some of the gaps that are still there.

dex3108

btw. I got W2 on gog galaxy, but W3 on Steam. Can I leave the savefile just in that standard path or do I need to put it at another place for W3 to recognize?

Manual says this :D

Importing Saved Games

You can import a saved game from The Witcher ® 2: Assassins of Kings. Doing so will
incorporate the choices you made in that saved game into your The Witcher 3 experience.
To import a saved game, click on “Import The Witcher 2 saved game” in the Main Menu
under the “New Game” option.

NOTE: This option is only available if there are saves from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
present in the saved game folder:
%SystemDrive%\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves
Any The Witcher 2 saved games present in that folder can be imported into The Witcher 3: Wild
Hunt. However, it is highly recommended you use the final autosave from Act 3 of The Witcher 2,
as any earlier saves will not incorporate choices made in the latter stages of the game. Default
settings will be applied to any choices not imported.

If no The Witcher 2 saved games are present, a dialogue can be triggered during the Prologue,
allowing you to answer questions to simulate an import of your choices from The Witcher 2.

Worst case scenario, you would need to transfer to the steam save folder.

EDIT: Beaten, and i was wrong. sorry :p

Unicorn

I see Jet Set Radio is 99 cents on Humble. I hear it is missing some of the tracks. Is there a way to add tracks to the game? Is the game a good port?

I am in the mood for some Jet Set Radio.

Parsnip

Speaking of retroarch, does anyone have recommendations on any shaders for pixel psx games, specifically Symphony of the Night. I was planning to play without shaders and such, but maybe there's something nice that appeals to me and I just don't know about it.

I suppose I should check the retroarch gaf thread.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can anyone give me a recap of the last 10 days in PC gaming? Major announcements (I saw the London AC game got announced), any sweet sales or pricing errors I missed, any hot new indie commodities, if there were any client or service updates I should care about. I saw the GMG / Witcher 3 dispute. I also saw the Youkaa-laylee KS and the Bloodstained KS. I'm trying to get caught up.

chronomac

I see Jet Set Radio is 99 cents on Humble. I hear it is missing some of the tracks. Is there a way to add tracks to the game? Is the game a good port?

I am in the mood for some Jet Set Radio.
It's locked at 30 FPS but runs in widescreen at higher resolutions out of the gate, and can also work with GeDoSaTo. I've seen people down sampling from 4K to 1080p and it looks great.

I think the controls are awful though. I stopped playing about 2/3 of the way through.

dex3108

Can anyone give me a recap of the last 10 days in PC gaming? Major announcements (I saw the London AC game got announced), any sweet sales or pricing errors I missed, any hot new indie commodities, if there were any client or service updates I should care about. I saw the GMG / Witcher 3 dispute. I also saw the Youkaa-laylee KS and the Bloodstained KS. I'm trying to get caught up.

All E3 press conferences are dated now, Witcher 3 on Ultra is almost identical to PS4 version, Bad Rats iz 0,19$ on GMG, Mad Max is awesome.

Unicorn

It's locked at 30 FPS but runs in widescreen at higher resolutions out of the gate, and can also work with GeDoSaTo. I've seen people down sampling from 4K to 1080p and it looks great.

I think the controls are awful though. I stopped playing about 2/3 of the way through.

No way to unlock, huh? Controller support, I assume?

If it's the same controls as DC, then Camera reset and Spraypaint were the same button, so yeah, they were bad, even at the time. No added in camera control for modern controllers?

Turfster

There was a Steam client update to stop other users from being able to crash yours.

Humble store is doing a Spring sale. There's a new Paradox main bundle and a RPG weekly.

NEON STRUCT is coming in less than 3 days.

People seem to like Axiom Verge and Not a hero.

chronomac

No way to unlock, huh? Controller support, I assume?

If it's the same controls as DC, then Camera reset and Spraypaint were the same button, so yeah, they were bad, even at the time. No added in camera control for modern controllers?
It worked with my 360 and Xbox One controllers without any configuring, if I remember correctly.

No way to unlock the frame rate though, at least that I could find.

After all of the flipped shit over downgrades we've had recently--Alien Colonial Marines, Far Cry 3, Watch_Dogs, Witcher 3--I wonder how many sexed-up, bullshit vertical slices we'll see at this E3.

My guess is Ubisoft.

dex3108

After all of the flipped shit over downgrades we've had recently--Alien Colonial Marines, Far Cry 3, Watch_Dogs, Witcher 3--I wonder how many sexed-up, bullshit vertical slices we'll see at this E3.

My guess is Ubisoft.

Ubisoft showed rough pre-alpha footage of Syndicate for reveal so they maybe will tone down things for E3 this year.

No price mistakes, you can verify game cache files and still use the Steam client for other stuff, Not a Hero is a very nice game, Axiom Verge came out on PC, Humble has a very nice sale.

AHA-Lambda

Finished Not A Hero, nice little action game, frustrating that it's one of those games though where the ending is
a case of "whoops you didn't do everything like a completionist, no real ending for you!"

Also, one of the bonus levels is awesome and related to the kid that won Curiousity that Peter Molyneux screwed over! XD

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-DC1D34E8AFDC2F31 - Taken by Shadownet
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-799CF4D169D80087 - Taken by TheMadMan007

Dsyndrome

Beat Shadowrun Returns, wasn't too thrilled when the end boss was just a horde of
insects
. Gonna try Dragonfall and see if it's worth it to pick a Decker this time. I don't expect to get very far before Witcher 3 comes out tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it regardless and the changes it makes.

titch

This happened

Kickstarter got funded then found out a 7k pledge was fake just as it ended

Kickstarter Trolling

Same person also did this to some other kickstarters

Turfster

Beat Shadowrun Returns, wasn't too thrilled when the end boss was just a horde of
insects
. Gonna try Dragonfall and see if it's worth it to pick a Decker this time. I don't expect to get very far before Witcher 3 comes out tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it regardless and the changes it makes.

Dragonfall is much better than Returns, both gameplay mechanic-wise and story-wise.

gdt

So Bioshock Infinite maxed the fuck out looks incredible. Never got a chance to max it till now. Did like medium last time.

Playing Buried at Sea for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom