• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

the-witcher-movie-geralt-the-witcher-6692679-480-320.jpg

Jawmuncher

Did Turok and Turok 2 come out on PC? Noticed them when searching through Night Dive Studios / Retroism forum post on GOG. Either way, they're wishlisted now, so maybe I can play them sometime in the next ten years. Might make they're way to Steam too, I suppose.
@ Turok series:
Turok 1, 2, and Evolution all have PC versions. Odd ones out are Turok 3 and Rage Wars. If Disney wanted to get on my good side, they would just have to release a Turok anthology and all would be forgiven right there. They haven't yet, so they suck. My logic is invincible!

Disney doesn't have the rights to turok at all now. So Night Dive is theory could get the rights to all three easier than a lot of other stuff out there. Disney had the property rights for their 2008 game, but that fell out. So that one is lost to ever being rereleased, unless the current disney team working on games does something about it. But considering they seem to only be bothering with stuff based on Disney IPs seems like a long shot.

Red Hood

Banned
So... Nuuvem is actually legit?? I was told they clearly stated in their disclaimer that their products are meant for Brazilians and Brazilians only, and that others may or may not have their bought codes be revoked/cancelled/locked. Shit, if I'm wrong then I'll be on that €23 Batman Arkham Knight as we motherfucking speak.

derExperte

I didn't notice any difficulty spikes.

The last section including the final boss is much harder than the rest and a lot of people in the OT agree. Did you collect all upgrades and weapons, because I'm missing some?

edit: And done but it was pure luck, I just got more health orbs than during the tries before. The bosses in general were imo the weak point of the game, either stand in one safe spot or just hope you can take more damage.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So... Nuuvem is actually legit?? I was told they clearly stated in their disclaimer that their products are meant for Brazilians and Brazilians only, and that others may or may not have their bought codes be revoked/cancelled/locked. Shit, if I'm wrong then I'll be on that €23 Batman Arkham Knight as we motherfucking speak.

Pretty much the last remaining holdout for regionally-oriented cheaper pricing on games since Valve locked down the key trading ring!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Higurashi Steam won't launch for me in Windows 10 for some reason. RIP
The DRM-free MangaGamer version does though so that's a good alternative till that is fixed.
I applied a PS2 BG patch since I think the filtered photos clash too much with the newer sprites, so now I just have to wait for a VA patch to get started.

No, they're a bunch of scam artists.
I mean, they're selling The Witcher 3, right, so they have to be.

Tizoc

Higurashi Steam won't launch for me in Windows 10 for some reason. RIP
The DRM-free MangaGamer version does though so that's a good alternative till that is fixed.
I applied a PS2 BG patch since I think the filtered photos clash too much with the newer sprites, so now I just have to wait for a VA patch to get started.

Woah mind linking to the PS2 BG patch? How do I install it?

zkylon

zkylewd
If they did do a live-action, they'd likely have Kiera Knightley as Triss, even if the proportions don't exactly match.
hmm, maybe, tho i wish they made it all using eastern european actors

maybe ask here before buying cos some things are region locked but they're super legit

Tenrius

Did Turok and Turok 2 come out on PC? Noticed them when searching through Night Dive Studios / Retroism forum post on GOG. Either way, they're wishlisted now, so maybe I can play them sometime in the next ten years. Might make they're way to Steam too, I suppose.

They were even included some graphic cards. I remember getting Turok 2 and Extreme-G 2 with my GeForce 4.

Chariot

The W3 downgrade thread got into a ridicilous phase again. People are still super petty about the gras, someone claims that it looks like a PS3 game, somebody wants cdpr bashed like Ubisoft and then of course there is the guy that tells us that consoles don't hold pc back, but weaker pc's high end pc's. Am I glad when the game finally launches and all dicks exposed.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Fuck it. Works for me.

Although I'm quite sure it'll be CGI, considering who's making it. I digress, despite being a (fellow) Dane, Mads isn't too shabby.

oh just realized this was a shop

so cool

i love him

If you haven't seen it, may I recommend Valhalla Rising?

Stars Mads Mikkelsen, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive, Only God Forgives).

Super minimal, super violent. Watch the trailer.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Rose Byrne is like the Kiera Knightley version of Monica Belluci, who's a genuine goddess.

Here you can have the squirrely redhead from Above Suspicion. Her boss is
Mance Raider
<3

Stars Mads Mikkelsen, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive, Only God Forgives).

This film is great but I like Refn.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
<3

This film is great but I like Refn.

After I saw the film, I read that Mikkelsen took the role because he thought it would be easy because he plays a mute.

The move starts with him tied up in a cage on the side of a desolate hill in rainy weather. And then things get bad for him.

zkylon

zkylewd

watched it since refn + mikkelsen sounded amazing but not sure what i feel about it

movie's like a more nightmarish aguirre: the wrath of god i guess, but it didn't leave me in awe like aguirre did

just a very weird movie

mikkelsen delivered tho, he's awesome

Humble Flash Jagged Alliance Flashback 70% off

this one's pretty crap, right?

Are there any good graphics mods for TW2 that I should be using... there's some weird dithering effect going on in some of the textures that's making me a bit irritated.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Are there any good graphics mods for TW2 that I should be using... there's some weird dithering effect going on in some of the textures that's making me a bit irritated.

I don't think there's a way to fix the dithered shadows just short of the Ubersampling option/downsampling, but even then it won't fix the nastier patches. Probably one of the worst image quality killers next to no built in AF.

rtcn63

The new Taylor Swift video is genuinely bad. Not inoffensive, unremarkable, but bad. She's become a parody of herself, the sort the young girl in the black-rimmed glasses and camp T would've rolled her eyes at.

I'm inconsolable.

tumblr_m4nkv1y27g1qbw7q9o7_r1_250.gif

I have no Good Wife to watch I'm bored

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The new Taylor Swift video is genuinely bad. Not inoffensive, unremarkable, but bad. She's become a parody of herself, the sort the young girl in the black-rimmed glasses and camp T would've rolled her eyes at.

I'm inconsolable.

tumblr_m4nkv1y27g1qbw7q9o7_r1_250.gif

I have no Good Wife to watch I'm bored

Taylor has never been good tho.
iU3p60grxF9LM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom