• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Got a quick question. I'm thinking of buying primal carnage but I'm wondering if there is still a good enough player population for me to play it. Anyone who's played the game know if there is one?

Also, what's the difference between it and Primal carnage Extinction?

Primal Carnage is the old version, extinction is basically the same game but with a lot more included as well (was supposed to be a update originally for PC). Last time I checked the numbers were floating around ok. Usually if you don't see a room and start it, it'll fill up. RPG servers are usually always going for some reason though. This is for Extinction. Dunno about the original, but I think it's should still have some players do to the cheaper price and being in bundles.

Chariot

Well if the president says so. There is nothing we should be worrying about.

Why is the prime minister coming to visit CDPR?
Apparently the polish government and cdpr are close. They gifted Obama actually a copy of Witcher 2 once. http://kotaku.com/obama-isnt-really-into-his-copy-of-the-witcher-2-1585337392

forget witcher 3, love at first sight is 23 hours away

Aww shit, what's with all the amazing novel stuff.
After Daily Life with Monstersomething and Centaur's Worry, I am ready to embrace all the monster girls.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Got some nice stuff in the mail today too bad I can't play them right now. :)
6klJMHNl.jpg

Dr Dogg

While it's great the The Witcher III unlocks very soon I can't help this nagging feeling that my recent GTAV binge has spoiled me rotten as well as burnt me out somewhat. I guess the proof will be in the pudding but I don't think CDPR have a hope in hell of matching the scope of what Rockstar can with their worlds.

well at least they're hand-painted .... lol

On par with Agnes from Bravely Default
And Homer Simpson Max Payne from 3's Collector's ed

Teggy

I've been wanting Frozen Synapse for a long time and it turned out to be my 750th game, nice!

Into the backlog it goes.

Asgaro

They achieved 1,5+ million pre-orders that is a lot of money for Poland company and i guess they hired many local devs so government supports them :D

That's awesome!

I wish my government would recognize Larian Studios (Divinity: Original Sin devs) here. Or even just the news reporters acknowledging them.
Maybe when the console versions get released, something will happen.
Larian Studios is, if I'm not mistaken, the only big game developer here in Belgium.

---

edit:

Nice timing lol. These guys are also from Belgium.

Shadownet

Banned

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of LurkerPrime, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LurkerPrime, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) Nvidia key -- MB-21440E1920588BE7 - Taken by Parsnip. 51 entrants total.

t1431979024z1.png

Maniac

Banned
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you do ... sure

A bunch is typically defined as being 4 or more.

I wont deny that it's in the low spectrum of 'bunch' :p
I agree the current unit asset dumps into steam have been pretty sad to see plague the store. Have been watching a lot of Jims stuff about that in general and he always hits the nail on the head about it.

Your new nickname is now Dick Dick.
Short for Richard Richard of course.

Yeah, uh, I'm Richie Rich, minus the being rich part.
Twist: It's a prank as the gift is region-locked.

He wouldn't do that, I'm sure. He's not as mean as you ;)
So do you want to come out of your room and build a snowman now?

It's... It's funny because of his avatar and my current avatar.

n31LNiB.png
Maniac dick? lewd

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

wilflare

for those using nVidia GPUs, do you still use GeDoSaTo?
preparing for a Clean install now, wondering if it's necessary (I used it previously with my 280X)

Dr Dogg

preparing for a Clean install now, wondering if it's necessary (I used it previously with my 280X)

Of course. I mean how else am I going to get a rendering resolution of 7680x4320 for DMC4? Plus with all the other little bells, whistles and tricks like HUDless capture, shader suite, precise monitoring and soon to be added precise framerate capping (see this blog post for some insight) it's not something I'm ever to throw by the wayside anytime soon. Plus it's the best solution for titles that use Unity as an engine which is growing more and more by the day.

Shadownet

Banned
So apparently Casey Hudson, the one in charge of making Mass Effect 3 at Bioware is now the Creative Director for Microsoft.

lol this is terrible for Microsoft. Mass Effect 3 was a joke.

All this Witcher 3 hype and I haven't even played 2.

This is similar to 8 year old me watching all the kids playing outside my window and not being able to play until my mom got home.

I need better friends.

Seconded. I only have terrible friends that never give me anything. Not even bundle leftovers ;'(. I've given them a bunch of stuff though. I've given well over 60 games to one of them because he owned like 5 games and was dead broke, he's since launched a career as a twitch streamer and is no longer dead broke but has given nothing back in return.

New blog update for Stardew Valley, unfortunately there is nothing new to report :(

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to let you know I’m still here! Nothing new to report, I’m just systematically going through everything and making sure it’s release-ready.

I don’t have a lot to share this time, but here’s something… new dialogue boxes:

db.gif

I know fiddling with the dialogue boxes might not seem necessary… but the old boxes were truly messed up, and despite lots of tweaking they continued to give me problems. I decided that a complete redo would save me time. While redoing them I went ahead and made them look a little snazzier with the wood panel and name scroll.

I’m going to get back to work… thanks for reading!

-Ape

wilflare

Of course. I mean how else am I going to get a rendering resolution of 7680x4320 for DMC4? Plus with all the other little bells, whistles and tricks like HUDless capture, shader suite, precise monitoring and soon to be added precise framerate capping (see this blog post for some insight) it's not something I'm ever to throw by the wayside anytime soon. Plus it's the best solution for titles that use Unity as an engine which is growing more and more by the day.

do you use it together with Windows UAC (or do you disable it?)
- so you don't use nVidia's own solution at all?

Anteater

i still use gedosato for hudless screenshots and downsampling, i don't use it for dx10 or higher games

Dr Dogg

do you use it together with Windows UAC (or do you disable it?)
- so you don't use nVidia's own solution at all?

As a rule of thumb anything that nags or pesters me while I'm at my PC gets unistalled, turned off or disabled so UAC is straight out the window.

You need to look at things like GeDoSaTo and DSR as tools and they aren't a one tool for every job kind either. While GeDoSaTo has much more to it and a raft of extra features, DSR has better compatibility but only covers downsampling. Each has their uses and if available I'd always go for GeDoSaTo over DSR. I mean you don't just use one screwdriver on every screw (unless you want to strip a lot of heads) now do you?

One thing GeDoSaTo has in spades over DSR is that you can to the very pixel chose your rendering resolution and combine that with various resampling methods like Bicubic, Lancoz etc. can get a much better output than DSR does with resolutions at odds with your display (like a 2560x1440 resolution image does not neatly fit into a 1920x1080 display canvas).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom