• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

750TI redeemed again, will lock to 30fps on Medium and live till I scrunch up for 970 (1070)

jbLP6ZK.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
750TI redeemed again, will lock to 30fps on Medium and live till I scrunch up for 970 (1070)

What am I going to do with my GTX 460, E4300, and 2GB of RAM? D:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who haven't play or complete the Witcher 1 or 2, and want to get a quick rundown of what happened within those two games. So you have a solid base for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

I suggest you read this article posted by Kotaku. Kirk did an excellent job in explaining all the major characters, events and background to get you ready for the Wild Hunt. There are also more links at the end of the article if you want to find out more about other obscured stuff that happened in the first 2 games.

As a rule of thumb anything that nags or pesters me while I'm at my PC gets unistalled, turned off or disabled so UAC is straight out the window.

You need to look at things like GeDoSaTo and DSR as tools and they aren't a one tool for every job kind either. While GeDoSaTo has much more to it and a raft of extra features, DSR has better compatibility but only covers downsampling. Each has their uses and if available I'd always go for GeDoSaTo over DSR. I mean you don't just use one screwdriver on every screw (unless you want to strip a lot of heads) now do you?

One thing GeDoSaTo has in spades over DSR is that you can to the very pixel chose your rendering resolution and combine that with various resampling methods like Bicubic, Lancoz etc. can get a much better output than DSR does with resolutions at odds with your display (like a 2560x1440 resolution image does not neatly fit into a 1920x1080 display canvas).

I've been trying to figure out the least resource intensive way of downsampling TW2 to get rid of that shadow dithering. Trying to figure out if it works with GeDoSaTo, and I've seen posts saying it does, but that you have to "enablePostprocessing true" in "the profile"?

Is this the game's profile or a GeDoSaTo profile?
If it's the former, where is that located?

Sorry, you're talking about this stuff and a known graphics aficionado, so I thought you might know...

Dr Dogg

I've been trying to figure out the least resource intensive way of downsampling TW2 to get rid of that shadow dithering. Trying to figure out if it works with GeDoSaTo, and I've seen posts saying it does, but that you have to "enablePostprocessing true" in "the profile"?

Is this the game's profile or a GeDoSaTo profile?
If it's the former, where is that located?

Sorry, you're talking about this stuff and a known graphics aficionado, so I thought you might know...

Witcher 2 is actually quite lightweight in comparison to newer titles (well outside of cutscenes with bokeh DoF) so downsampling does clean up the image quite a bit. Sadly it does very little for the shadows even at crazy resolution due to their low resolution and technique used. While there is a Witcher 2 profile in GeDoSaTo it's empty so it will be on the whitelist but will take values from the GeDoSaTo config file (so resolution, scaling method and so on). Give us a sec and I'll have a muck about and come back to you.

Asgaro

Well it took almost five and a half years, but I finally own a game I can't play on my 5770.

I don't own TW3 yet, but yes, I also have now found a game my GPU (AMD HD 6950 1GB) wouldn't be able to run.

I won't buy a new GPU though. What I'm gonna do, is finish all games I have in my backlog and then buy all wishlisted games my GPU can run, and play those as well.

I know this is a long term plan and will take me 2 to 3 years.
But I think buying a new GPU while my current one can still play 95% of the games I want to play, is ridiculous.

edit:
TW3 can wait. If Rockstar can scale their open world game to 1 GB VRAM GPU's, Compact Disc PR REKT should as well, considering the latter should be more "PC friendly".

Lomax

I don't own TW3 yet, but yes, I also have now found a game my GPU (AMD HD 6950 1GB) wouldn't be able to run.

I won't buy a new GPU though. What I'm gonna do, is finish all games I have in my backlog and then buy all wishlisted games my GPU can run, and play those as well.

But I think buying a new GPU while my current one can still play 95% of the games I want to play, is ridiculous.

I had planned to buy a 970 around Christmas, but my motherboard died and that ate my upgrade funds. Now I think I'd be better off waiting for the next generation of cards, so like you, I'll continue with my library of unfinished games (which includes Witcher 2...). I was lucky enough to get a copy of Witcher 3 via RU when it was cheap, so it will be waiting whenever I finally have a card that can run it.

edit:
TW3 can wait. If Rockstar can scale their open world game to 1 GB VRAM GPU's, Compact Disc PR REKT should as well, considering the latter should be more "PC friendly".

I hope that last part was a joke.

jbLP6ZK.jpg

Damnit, I have green for CPU and RAM but not GPU. I am hoping that my 1440x900 resolution and 2 560s in SLI will make the game playable even if I have to turn things down, but probably not.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah and the puke rate is like 1110%. Not only the players puke, but theirs pets and children and uncles and aunts and mothers and fathers and grannys and mayors and fish and tellys and cars and the dog shit in front of the house and the dandelion, everything pukes. Because that game is shit. Shiiiiiiit!

gross

Honestly going by MangaGamer's track record that is probably still very good for them.
Top 30 is pretty darn good. The top selling list is by revenue, not units. Considering that it's less than 6 bucks, it's selling just fine.
i dunno, it's higurashi

you'd hope it'd do better

Both of them should have sold much more..
i kinda would buy it if all of huniepop was like that bitchy video

not excited in the slightest but hope it does well

I don't think I like that one. Still waiting on one with a spider. Spidergirls were the best so far (sorry zkylon, but it's the truth).

i don't know what that means but i don't really care to find out

sounds like the regular 280 will be around the 270 place which is acceptable i guess

def sim

Damnit, I have green for CPU and RAM but not GPU. I am hoping that my 1440x900 resolution and 2 560s in SLI will make the game playable even if I have to turn things down, but probably not.

the chart is aiming for 1080p and 40+ fps average

you will probably be fine at your resolution

Lomax

I'm sure at that resolution and SLI you'll be fine, and you can probably tweak the settings to a greater degree as well. From what it looks like, just having an NVidea card makes a big difference as well.

gabbo

jbLP6ZK.jpg

Looks like my 660 is going to need an upgrade if I want to play Geralt in all his glory.
Good thing I have a linux box I can use it in, since it's still a fantastic card otherwise.
Hopefully the 970's and 980's get a price drop in the near future

abracadaver

I thought the Burnout Paradise PC port was good? I remember it being praised a few years ago?

- You can't use the configuration tool properly because the window is too small
- no custom soundtrack option
- SSAO looks awful. Makes everything shimmer
- Big surf island is not included
- no option for AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom