• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

my body may be sunburned, but my soul is functional

So apparently Casey Hudson, the one in charge of making Mass Effect 3 at Bioware is now the Creative Director for Microsoft.

lol this is terrible for Microsoft. Mass Effect 3 was a joke.

Also Mass Effect 2.

Mass Effect 1.

Knights of the Old Republic.

So he's made two good games.

well my 4690K & 290X shouldn't have many problems with Witcher 3 (with certain settings turned off)

~remembers all the way back to Project CARS launch~

not fooling me again (can't afford it right now anyway so it makes it easier to say no but still I'll wait on this)

Dr Dogg

From the T2 FT2015 thread.

Fiscal 2016 is off to a great start, highlighted by the April launch of Grand Theft Auto V for the PC, which has exceeded our expectations.

If this shit doesn't lead to Red Dead Revolution, or what ever they call it, on PC I don't know what will. In other bonkers reporting GTA V has racked up nearly 52milion copies sold across various platforms.

didamangi

Holy shit line for W3 in Poland

CFUKy6-WYAExl_F.jpg

"The #Polish prime minister came to the office today to say "GG - you did us proud you guys " to the #Witcher team."

So I will attack it with brute strength.

yeah...the Gameworks stuff or whatever they want to call it will "work" on AMD cards but performance tanks (at least with the hair...HBAO seems to only effect it a bit going by the charts)

there's supposed to be a new driver sometime this week for AMD (Beta most likely) so it's wait and see if that helps at all

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Syder Arcade -- MB-7E1297C6930666CB - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Boid -- MB-B02FA23D051149B9 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Enemy Mind -- MB-8C9F2CD84D04656F - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-645F1E7911B6635C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-6D09815597DB3A15 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Dark Matter -- MB-4807E367B735EE80 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-F25FBE41CA58A04E - Taken by didamangi. 1 entrants total.
Waves -- MB-ECBA717C197C774E - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
NekoChan Hero - Collection -- MB-AFD52BEB03CCE491 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.

t1431982681z1.png

Chariot

Not really important but it's kind of lame we don't get hats for pre-ordering The Witcher 3.

I'm probably alone in this.
Roche hat, Iorven hat and... Wigcher?
So I will attack it with brute strength.
You do that. Just keep in mind that hairworks is already taxing on nvidia cards. So my guess would be that you would be the most happy and fine without hairworks.
I'm scared bacasue I have a MSI Nvidia Gtx 560 Ti but I have an Intel 4790k and 8 Gb of Ram.
Doesn't sound too good.

Turfster

Started up the release version of Invisible Inc. for the first time. Man, this game is dope.

It's amazing.
Also, do a couple of beginner runs first before even thinking about experienced.
You'll thank me later =p

Looks like I could probably run Witcher 3 "green", by those graphs.
Eventually. When I get it next year.

didamangi

Not really important but it's kind of lame we don't get hats for pre-ordering The Witcher 3.

I'm probably alone in this.

They want to push GOG Galaxy with W3, I think. Don't need any more reason to lose potential new user base.

Also, I don't see trading cards on the steam page. No achievements too atm but that's probably because it contains spoilers.

Miguel81

well my 4690K & 290X shouldn't have many problems with Witcher 3 (with certain settings turned off)

~remembers all the way back to Project CARS launch~

not fooling me again (can't afford it right now anyway so it makes it easier to say no but still I'll wait on this)

I've had to sideline PCars until that driver is released. My 290 just wasn't performing well unless I turned settings to medium, and even then the frames dropped with a decent number of cars on the track. Rain made it even worse.

xGreg

First they need to get rid of GFWL from GTA IV, then they can release Red Dead Redemption on PC and we can rest in peace!

I don't understand Rockstar. GTA IV is one of the few big games that still use GFWL :S.... They have a lot of money! GTA V sold very well on PC.... What are they waiting for?

Phawx

I don't understand Rockstar. GTA IV is one of the few big games that still use GFWL :S.... They have a lot of money! GTA V sold very well on PC.... What are they waiting for?

Considering they'd just move it to R*SC, I don't really care.

I've had to sideline PCars until that driver is released. My 290 just wasn't performing well unless I turned settings to medium, and even then the frames dropped with a decent number of cars on the track. Rain made it even worse.

I've done the same...I have a 290X so mine is better but not by that much...I like the game but the performance just isn't there right now

Terra_Ex

Maybe they're taking cues from japanese devs and they destroyed the source code in a bizarre ritual after releasing the game. Not sure I could sit through hours of dodging Roman's bowling invites a second time anyway.

madjoki

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Hitman Absolution -- MB-C221EC5845DD2EC4 - Taken by Cyldman
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-FECCE2D49E35FB28 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Some extras, take 'em.

Dr Dogg

guysDoggie, kindly stop with chromatic aberration, have mercy!

Think about it like a protest via awareness. Only by showing everyone how awful an effect it is en masse by changing out avis to mutated version might devs realise the error of their ways.

someone finally posted. i guess that means the Dogg has smiled upon me

I can't believe you willingly changed to that.

Congrats parsnip! You're a good dude, so I'm actually glad you won.
i1OVs8wRi9uFf.png

Oh man, I wonder what'll be my 200th.
Nabs got some game, yo.

;)
Did The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian get removed? Glad I bought it at 90% off.
Eh. I didn't think it would get yanked so soon. JaseC! *shakingfist
Good Lord that is some beautiful stuff.
The grass movement, the midel textures :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom