• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea is growing on me.

what I always wanted

a one-eyed girlfriend
BibleThump.png
deIlluminati.png

Not being able to customize movement keys (WASD to ESDF or whatever) on Witcher 3 is a tragedy.

Keys?

You'd think you'd all learn by now -- if a game is focused/adapted for console releases, they're meant to be played with a controller.

this makes me feel uncomfortable

Reminds me of the gate of truth, for some reason.

what I always wanted

a one-eyed girlfriend
BibleThump.png
deIlluminati.png

Someone had to say this... I guess it might as well be me. :\

Now you have a one-eyed monster for your one-eyed monster.

iosefe

Someone had to say this... I guess it might as well be me. :\

Now you have a one-eyed monster for your one-eyed monster.

Corrosivefrost, you have failed this Steam Thead. the goal was to NOT make a dick joke

finally hit aworld 6 in Hexcells plus after like...13 hours

i just dropped my wishlist from 75 to 52. i'm ready for seal

wilflare

all this Witcher 3 talk is making me want to get my PC back up quickly! ughh
---

@Stallion Free - I thought we aren't suppose to let Windows install any drivers it wants... as they may not be the latest or best...? Has it changed significantly with Windows 7 and 8 that it's okay now?

@Dr Dogg - hmm but disabling UAC means I can't use the Scan app on my PC :( so that's a problem. I haven't been following GeDoSaTo for months now - is it still limited to DX9? perhaps I should look into DSR for my Boosbeck Infinite Downsampling

@lashman - Umbra looks great! on Kickstarter?

---
I did a multi-quite... but mobileGAF didn't catch any...

Wow, you guys are really excited for Witcher.

Still have to play the first two.
Skip the first one. It's poorly paced and has some real garbage missions.

Second one is a fucking classic though. It's the reason I had no qualms preordering tw3 almost a year in advance. That, and that the Russian bear was starting to weaken at the time and I didn't want to take any chances that it would die before I could get cheap witchas

Get on that, slacker.

Wrong.
Care to try again?
Ok.

The first witcher had an incredibly simplistic battle system consisting of watching your custom windows xp mouse cursor change into another pointer three times in a row while you fight in swamps for half of the game.

It does some interesting things with the story, sure, but tw2 is leaps and bounds better than TW1 in just about every conceivable way. Those first 20 hours of the witcher one almost drove me away from the franchise, it was that terrible.

Ok.

The first witcher had an incredibly simplistic battle system consisting of watching your custom windows xp mouse cursor change into another pointer three times in a row while you fight in swamps for half of the game.

It does some interesting things with the story, sure, but tw2 is leaps and bounds better than TW1 in just about every conceivable way. Those first 20 hours of the witcher one almost drove me away from the franchise, it was that terrible.

Still wrong.
I put 39.1 hours into the game.
WITH A CONTROLLER AND NO ACHIEVEMENTS.

It's not for everyone, I could see some people being turned off by the gameplay/combat... but 2 is pretty much the same so far with the slight difference of actually being designed to work with a controller from the start... still get randomly cheap deaths, rolls don't work as much other than a "get the hell out of a swarm and try to run while you regen" with very similar quests and quest system. So far chapter 1 in Flotsam feels a lot like a combination of the main city and swamp areas of the first game.

My point is just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean that everyone won't and should blindly trust your advice to skip it.

As I told Veggie already, he owns the game, he should at least give it a shot for a couple hours to see if it clicks for him before he just moves on to TW2.

Still wrong.
I put 39.1 hours into the game.
WITH A CONTROLLER AND NO ACHIEVEMENTS.

It's not for everyone, I could see some people being turned off by the gameplay/combat... but 2 is pretty much the same so far with the slight difference of actually being designed to work with a controller from the start... still get randomly cheap deaths, rolls don't work as much other than a "get the hell out of a swarm and try to run while you regen" with very similar quests and quest system. So far chapter 1 in Flotsam feels a lot like a combination of the main city and swamp areas of the first game.

My point is just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean that everyone won't and should blindly trust your advice to skip it.

As I told Veggie already, he owns the game, he should at least give it a shot for a couple hours to see if it clicks for him before he just moves on to TW2.
Oh, you're just starting on tw2? Chapter 1 is easily the weakest part of the game. I look forward to how you end up feeling about tw2 especially when compared to tw1. Personally, don't think tw1 holds up well at all compared to it but to each their own.

Jawmuncher

Finished Episode 3 of Life is Strange.
Exactly how I felt with the ending I got.
59406-gob-ive-made-a-4nuzw.gif

Actually going to go back and choose what I originally intended. Wait a minute
you have to follow the path on this one.

def sim

I wrapped up the second chapter to Witcher 2. That was a long one. I chose to let
Roche kill the smug rapist.
I hope things turn out a-ok for us!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nowhere near finished, but did you figure out how to get the bottom left picture for LiS ep 3?
I'm guessing it's
the hawk in the principal's office, but I can't seem to take the picture

I'm also wondering this. I've restarted that section 3 times now trying to figure it out, and can't.

Turfster

Crap, it crashed.

Also, what happens
in the pool if you pick "gross!" on the bros question? Not nice that you can't rewind that moment =p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Also, that reddit witch hunt from yesterday prompted the developers of Project Cars to come up with an utterly unnecessary press release about how AMD GPUs aren't deliberately being bottlenecked. Congratulations insane people. You got the developers to officially state the obvious.

Reddit is such a cesspool. I roll my eyes every time someone posts some hot new news that someone researched and posted about there.

- no option for AF
Forcing AF on any game has been an option for either videocard vendor forever now.

Jawmuncher

Crap, it crashed.

Also, what happens
in the pool if you pick "gross!" on the bros question? Not nice that you can't rewind that moment =p

Game crashed in the same spot if im thinking of where you're at. Reloading it and it worked fine the second time. Dunno about that choice though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Reddit is such a cesspool. I roll my eyes every time someone posts some hot new news that someone researched and posted about there.

I dunno, someone posted that Valve VAC banned their account for no reason. It's crazy that it isn't getting more traction and that everyone is just a Valve apologist.

Turfster

Game crashed in the same spot if im thinking of where you're at. Reloading it and it worked fine the second time. Dunno about that choice though.

Yep. Weird. File not found, then... found the second time? Okay, sure.

Also, god damn it game.
If you're just enjoying the atmosphere and the songs in introspective scenes, it cuts to the menu after the song ends, instead of continuing as if you'd interrupted. Boo.

Zia

Where'd everyone get Witcher for on the cheap, anyway? I was just going to pay full price -minus the Witcher Owners Discount but for whatever reason I didn't realize that was a preorder discount only... ; (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom