• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
He seems like the kind of guy who plays nice with yo ufor a very long time, but as you reject and reject his advances he snaps and one friday night where you just want to watch a movie, he pushes you onto the bed, feeling entitled to claim his "price" for all the things he did for you. Dellusional, thirsty, dangerous.
I don't trust him.

wtf

Bunch of haters.
why would you have sex in a beach

that's what beds are there for

beach sounds really uncomfortable and dirty

also i tried the drink once and thought it was gross too

this whole concept is rotten to the core

So, are tacky RPGs just gonna be called X Simulator from now on or was "RPG" a bad term to begin with?

i really hate when games have like "rpg" on their names

it's so dumb

i'm 100% for games having "super" before their names tho

Shadownet

Banned

I'll explain it to you once you grow up a bit kid. <3

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Literally counted out the feet here to see if this was in iambic pentameter.

It is not.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Aphrodite at least, before the Greeks took her and made her a part of their pantheon. Damn retcons.

NEO0MJ

Anyway to lock Alien Isolation's framerate to 30? I can't get a consistent 60 FPS no matter how much I lower setting so I might as well boost the graphics and play at 30 like the console version. AMD GPU.

dex3108

Man i really don't feel M&K controls in W3. Also mouse sensitivity is really strange no matter what i set in game. I have feeling that i would enjoy more playing W3 on gamepad.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I finished LiS Ep.3

Jesus Christ the ending. I can't go on with my life. What's going to happen next?
ed2305b7.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Zkylon is older

o.o
im never revealing my age ever again

Literally counted out the feet here to see if this was in iambic pentameter.

It is not.

have no idea what that meant

but i never understand what you say anyways

Sex in a Beach would be highly dangerous and uncomfortable though, that I can agree on.
yea like

beaches are filthy

He sounds like a melancholic art student to me.
thank you ¬¬

Dr Dogg

While the performance and scaling of The Witcher 3 is mostly great (with a few oddities that tweaking in the GUI doesn't quite give the results I'd expect) the really story is this...
21:9 support out the box! Cutscenes are pillar box to 16:9 but I can live with that and more of a sign CDPR have taken multi-monitor and ultrawide monitor setup in to account (Max Payne 3 and GTA V still have the best blending for multi-monitors even though MP3 fucks up on 21:9 during cinematics).

Can you CA what is monotone?

I was actually just wondering if Dr. Dogg could CA my avatar :p

Of course, nothing is safe!

2ypmFCR.png

Rm9jyqb.jpg

no Dogg. I won't give it. I can't.

My eyes.

Well to be fair there's about 10 other peeps who will poke you in the eyes regardless if you don't

Every single one bleeds my eyes, its a terrible curse I would't do to even my worse enemy!

We're doing this for change! We're doing this for progress!

@Dr Dogg - hmm but disabling UAC means I can't use the Scan app on my PC :( so that's a problem. I haven't been following GeDoSaTo for months now - is it still limited to DX9? perhaps I should look into DSR for my Boosbeck Infinite Downsampling

Well of course if you have issues with certain applications getting a bit finicky with it disabled don't do it. At the moment GeDosaTo is only available in DX9 games (though you can user a wrapper that converts OGL calls to DX9). Basically here's what I do, set my DSR Factors in the Global Settings under Nvidia Control Panel and leave them be so they are always available and when I use GeDoSaTo, even if they use the same resolution it will take priority over DSR. Just set it up and those resolutions are available to your system so you never have to faff about again.

Anyway to lock Alien Isolation's framerate to 30? I can't get a consistent 60 FPS no matter how much I lower setting so I might as well boost the graphics and play at 30 like the console version. AMD GPU.

Riva Tuner Statistics Server which is bundled and a key part of MSI Afterburner will do the trick. It's not tied to any specific vendor so will work on AMD, Nvidia, even Intel integrated GPU's.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

Install the latest version above ^ and then when it's up and running find RTSS in the System Tray (the little up arrow to the right on the Task Bar) which should be a blue box with a purple 60 on it. With it open you need to create a profile for Alien Isolation by adding the executable to the program by pressing the big + icon to the bottom left. Navigate to where AI is installed, selected the exe and then to the right hand side you should see an option for 'Framerate limit'. Key in what you want, press enter to confirm the change and then minimise RTSS and hey presto, framerate capped.

Shadownet

Banned
Can someone be a dear and explain to me what these settings are in Witcher 3?
Chromatic Aberration
Vignetting
Light Shafts
Bloom
Sharpening
Which one isn't really needed? I already turned off Blur and Motion Blur because I never liked that stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
What about Super Mario RPG?

well super mario rpg is the exception

he's probably talking about serious sam

k boring then

Which one isn't really needed? I already turned off Blur and Motion Blur because I never liked that stuff.
none

bloom is pretty tho

explanation:
chromatic whatever - ugly blue and red thing thats meant to mimic cameras or something like that. its ugly, remove it
vignetting - darkening around the edges of the screen, usually very low performance downsides. i'd try with this on.
light shafts - sunlight going through leaves. really pretty but kind of taxing iirc. it's noticeable if you turn it off but it's not too bad
bloom - glowy prettiness. i'd leave this on
sharpening - makes the image more "focused". depending on the implementation it can make something look really sharp or break it entirely (aka all the sharpening mods ever). i duno about this one, i think its first time i hear a game letting you turn this on/off

Chromatic Aberration - Adds video compression/distortion crap to the game, most people turn it off.
Vignetting - Adds darkening around the edge of the screen, kind of like an old picture
Light Shafts - Adds sun shafts that come through tree branches, looks pretty.
Bloom - Makes the lighting have a glow to it, like when looking at the sun there's a hazy effect, can be nice if not overdone.
Sharpening - Sharpens the image lol.

Those are my mostly correct understanding of those features, I'm sure someone can go into more depth than that and give better explanations.

ExoSoul

Banned
i really hate when games have like "rpg" on their names

it's so dumb

i'm 100% for games having "super" before their names tho

I was surprised by the number of them o.o

You mean like Cthulhu Dating Simulator?

I became aware of a game called Predator Simulator and in lieu of other recent Simulator games I feel like it's a go to when the developer/publisher can't think of a better name for the product.

Deitus

As much as Dr Dogg is a fan of Chromatic Aberration
:p
, you can definitely turn that one off. Rather than explain it to you, here's a visual reference:

Chromatic_aberration_%28comparison%29.jpg

The bottom image has chromatic aberration. Just say no, kids.

I became aware of a game called Predator Simulator and in lieu of other recent Simulator games I feel like it's a go to when the developer/publisher can't think of a better name for the product.

I was expecting something way worse based on the name.

Shadownet

Banned
The bottom image has chromatic aberration. Just say no, kids.
Thanks Deitus. Say no to drug. Got it. Man that's really bad. Why would anyone want that on.

-I can't get 60 fps on W3 (with an i7 4770 and a 970), all maxed out and hairworks on, I did something like 43 fps.
-I can't "purchase" free DLCs on Steam (Steam says to boot the game, then give me an error).

Well.. did you expect to get 60fps with Hairworks on? I mean it's pretty taxing. I get like 45-40 with it on. Hair look great as it is without it on. I can live without it.
--------------------------------------

I just made Geralt just killed a wolf with his bare hands. lmao

Game of the Year.

Deitus

Thanks Deitus. Say no to drug. Got it. Man that's really bad. Why would anyone want that on.

I mean I'm sure the CA in W3 is much less severe than that.

Still, it's just the latest in the trend of adding crappy imitations of film/camera defects to video games (following lens flares and film grain, among others) for no real reason other than because they can.

I'm sure there's a way to use it that isn't really dumb, but it has no place in a game where visual fidelity is an important factor, unless they were simulating what it looks like to walk around with red/blue 3D glasses all the time, or maybe what the world looks like after staring into the sun for 30 seconds.

I wish more companies would release benchmarks for their games, the more I read The Witcher 3 GTX™ 970, 980 and Titan X Performance thread the more worried I get about me being able to play the Witcher 3 on my old 7850, I'm worried I say!

zkylon

zkylewd
I was surprised by the number of them o.o
i can't remember many and i'm happy to stay that way

I mean I'm sure the CA in W3 is much less severe than that.

Still, it's just the latest in the trend of adding crappy imitations of film/camera defects to video games (following lens flares and film grain, among others) for no real reason other than because they can.

I'm sure there's a way to use it that isn't really dumb, but it has no place in a game where visual fidelity is an important factor, unless they were simulating what it looks like to walk around with red/blue 3D glasses all the time, or maybe what the world looks like after staring into the sun for 30 seconds.

i mean, the problem is that all these effects can be pretty. grainy movies like primer look great in no small part thanks to it

lens flare can also be pretty if used with moderation

bokeh effects are often very pretty in games, but they're also abused

i'm sure there are situations in which that chrome whatever thingie would look fine

it's just that develoeprs are dumbos and always push it too far

Dr Dogg

Of course the best way to describe these would be via the medium of pictures.
Chromatic Aberration said:
Vignetting said:
Light Shafts said:
9mf97BJ.png

(This is harder than you think to fake in the small amount of time I have)
Bloom said:
Sharpening said:

Just a small note but The Witcher III doesn't go to the extremes that I have and most of post effects are quite subtle.

Copons

Re: Witcher 3

Anyone knows if is there an option (or a config file tweak, or whatever really) that kills, burns with fire and ditch the corpse in Australia, that godforsaken "controller detected" (and viceversa "mouse + keyboard detected) that keeps showing everytime I push F12 to take a screenshot?

I can't believe my Yennefer's butt screen (trending topic on Steam) was marred by the game trying to shame me as a PC gamer, playing with a controller.

EDIT:
btw guys, you're being a bit unfair regarding chromatic aberration.
Yeah, it's that effect, but I didn't notice it to be used with such violence in TW3.
I mean, is a perfectly good effect when used sparingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom