• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
So basically it's just a posh word for blurry...

It's more than just blur, there's also a displacement of R and G values to the tiles close by.

If you notice closely the chimney's body edge almost disapears, that's because the value of those tiles have been dispersed to nearby tiles instead. If it was just blur you'd still see a main body.

Arthea

If you keep doing this ca thingie, I will have no other way than switch avies off, and then I wouldn't recognize anybody. We don't want that to happen now, or do we?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you keep doing this ca thingie, I will have no other way than switch avies off, and then I wouldn't recognize anybody. We don't want that to happen now, or do we?

It seems as though you want us to say "No", but... :p

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

zkylon

zkylewd
in the beach :)

huh

GAF. Help. Witcher released, it runs, it's fun. But now I got to got to university, buy a suit and watch Mad Max. Probably going to eat something too. WHY. Life, why are you so cruel to me. I need a hyperbolic timechamber with electricity.
at least mad max is cool

i kind of want to really play the game now even if it's made by the ppl that made just cause 2

Tizoc avatar should get one of those CA versions, it's the only one that would probably make sense.

gross

eurogamer with the hard hitting news

titch

It's more than just blur, there's also a displacement of R and G values to the tiles close by.

If you notice closely the chimney's body edge almost disapears, that's because the value of those tiles have been dispersed to nearby tiles instead. If it was just blur you'd still see a main body.

TBH I did read up on it when it was mentioned here a while back so knew about what it is and what causes it.

Still to most folk at a glance it will just look blurry ;)

Milamber

DUfixmm.gif

Chariot

The_Super_Inframan

That's a bad thing?

Avalanche are the only reason I pre ordered the game on Amazon UK, haven't done that in ages... Just Cause 2 was so, so good! And the trailer for the Mad Max game looks really good imo.

Finally seeing the movie tonight with some friends :)

Everything about JC2 is amazing.

Except gameplay and controls, also the story and characters and mission structure plus physics. And the music is pretty forgettable (was there even any music?)

But otherwise it's pretty much perfect

titch

Except gameplay and controls, also the story and characters and mission structure plus physics. And the music is pretty forgettable (was there even any music?)

So basically your GOAT

The_Super_Inframan

It's just Beards and Armor, right?

seems so

who cares about the story in a game like JC2? :p

Uhm, no, if I click on them, just start the game. A dude on CDPR forum told me you need to find those DLCs and are already available, but it seems strange, there's nothing under DLC tab.

I have them in my DLC tab

jEpkm6Y.png

Jawmuncher

who cares about the story in a game like JC2? :p

I do. Because I didn't have much motivation to play without it. Still gave up on it when I realized there was only 5 missions and to get to them I had to just screw around. You can make a fun gameplay system and have a full campaign. What was there was pretty bad for anyone who doesn't really care for exploring. Those mechanics deserved better missions to go with them.

So yeah it's a perfect game for people who like to screw around or really expire sand box worlds. Not to great for anyone else.

zkylon

zkylewd
But 95% of Skyrim is that.

well there you go, now you know why skyrim's shit

95% of the game is devoted to half the fun

meanwhile in new vegas you have 95%s everywhere

95% barbies

95% meaningful roleplaying

95% classic fallout fanservice

sadly it didn't get 95% reviews

Thorgal

question : is it possible to empty your cloud storage saves from a game ?

Reason i am asking is because in game it shows a metric fuckton of saves made ( that i want gone ) ,but when i go to where the saves are stored on my PC the folder is completely empty

The_Super_Inframan

I do. Because I didn't have much motivation to play without it. Still gave up on it when I realized there was only 5 missions and to get to them I had to just screw around. You can make a fun gameplay system and have a full campaign. What was there was pretty bad for anyone who doesn't really care for exploring. Those mechanics deserved better missions to go with them.

So yeah it's a perfect game for people who like to screw around or really expire sand box worlds. Not to great for anyone else.

fair enough :)

I had a blast just wrecking havoc in the game.

dex3108

I tried everything on Low except Water Quality (High) and i got 45-50FPS, Now i am playing at these settings :

• AO: HBAO+ (made 5FPS difference for me from SSAO)
  • AA: On
  • Bloom: Off
  • Cutscene DoF: On
  • DoF: Off
  • Light Shafts: On
  • Detail Level: Medium
  • Foliage Visibility Range: Medium
  • Grass Density: Medium
  • No. of Background Characters: Medium
  • Shadow Quality; Medium
  • Terrain Quality: Medium
  • Texture Quality: High
  • Water Quality: High

I am getting 32-35FPS and i locked game to 30. Sometimes FPS dips to 27-29 but rarely. Also i tweaked ini file and increased Cascade Shadow range from 1 to 3 for all Cascade Shadow options (from 0 to 3).

My PC:
  • i7 2600K @ Stock speed
  • GTX 760 2GB version
  • 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Everything on Low

Mine current settings (Only Textures staid on Low for some reason i changed that later when i noticed)

Eanan

Guys, I bought Lego LOTR a few days ago on Nuuvem, but the code still hasnt generated. Do I just sit and wait or email them?

Lain

The only thing that makes me sad about that kickstarter is that I managed to get into the 12$ tier instead of the 9$ one, though that's still better than the 15$ dollar tier (cheapskate).
So far I haven't found a diablo clone that plays better than Diablo 3 and given how good Diablo 3 is I don't expect to find a better one anytime soon, but hopefully this will deliver some fun playtime. If nothing else, it'll look nice.

A few things catching up from last nights posts:

1. The beach. I hate the beach. I mean, I hate being outside in general but the beach is like the worst of all outside environments. I want nothing on a beach.

2. The Witcher 3: It is both a huge downgrade and impossible to run with everything on Titans. Is it possible we could pick one thing to complain about? If it match the 2013 trailer, would anyone have the hardware to run it?

zkylon

zkylewd
A few things catching up from last nights posts:

1. The beach. I hate the beach. I mean, I hate being outside in general but the beach is like the worst of all outside environments. I want nothing on a beach.

whaaaaaaaaa

the beach is the best

my dream is to live by the beach

Chariot

2. The Witcher 3: It is both a huge downgrade and impossible to run with everything on Titans. Is it possible we could pick one thing to complain about? If it match the 2013 trailer, would anyone have the hardware to run it?
I don't believe so. Even the nvidia guy got his full beauty of tweaks only to 20~ fps. And Nvidia surely has not a microwave for tests I believe.

That aside, I think we are pretty close to the SoD trailer. To the point where most is just direction and that purple light that are missing. Other than that only water and fire were "downgraded".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom