• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

works sucks, at least I'm feeling better.

sup guys?

Stuck at work and bored, as usual.

I'm really looking forward to the new episode of Life is Strange. Tonight seems so far away.

Last night I replayed the end of Chapter 2, as I wanted another save file with a different final choice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So no one can clarify this DLC thing?

If you're talking about the TW3 DLC, nobody can "buy" it. The button should say "Download" and have an addToCart link, but instead the sub is set up as though the app is a game and just launches the base game instead (since you obviously can't launch DLC apps).

Milamber

It just sits there and CTD's!
2kJv418.png
And yes, I did restart it.

Derp

Would it be shitty of me to torrent TW3 (just to see how to it performs on my rig) while I wait for my CE to be shipped to me? They sent it yesterday (EB Games sends pre orders out the day before release thinking you'll receive it on release day... I don't think they realize there are people that live in other states... Idiots), and the estimated time i'll receive it is in 2 days... So I'm just sitting here waiting...

Would that be... "unethical" of me? I feel bad considering it.

JaseC

Would it be shitty of me to torrent TW3 (just to see how to it performs on my rig) while I wait for my CE to be shipped to me? They sent it yesterday (EB Games sends pre orders out the day before release thinking you'll receive it on release day... I don't think they realize there are people that live in other states... Idiots), and the estimated time i'll receive it is in 2 days... So I'm just sitting here waiting...

Really, the only morally grey area associated with downloading via torrent a cracked copy of a game you've already paid for is the fact you're partially sharing it, although I assume it's possible to disabling uploading entirely.

Chariot

Who arrives with half hp at the court yard, because he fell down a lot - it's the Witcher!
Who rides his horse into a house - it's the Witcher!
Who jumps over the same fence ten times just because he can - it's the Witcher!
Who doesn't care for accusions of downgrades because he looks amazing even on an regular high-end rig - it's the Witcher!

Shadownet

Banned
Of course the best way to describe these would be via the medium of pictures.
Thanks for the pictures. You shouldn't have <3
gross
so many pictures of that gross girl

if there is one thing i learned. you shouldn't talk about torrenting on GAF. i'm pretty sure thats how yGray got banned.

This is how game looks like on my poor 760
That's actually look pretty good. I still have my GTX 760 somewhere.

dex3108

ah i see

i wonder what would i have to turn off to reach 60

probably hbao thingie. it looks nice but i can live without

HBAO+ wold give you max 10FPS and that is not enough to reach 60. You would need to put all distant rendering options to low and then maybe game would reach 60FPS. I can try to do that a bit later and i will write here if i reached 60FPS :D

Accoun

Don't knock a beach until you've tried it.

Are Sexy Beaches OK?

Thanks Deitus. Say no to drug. Got it. Man that's really bad. Why would anyone want that on.
Unreal Tournament defended it as "making the image less sterile and computer-generated". I think of it as adding simulated vinyl crackle to a track made fully on a computer. Although that might be a better comparison with film grain filter?

zkylon

zkylewd
HBAO+ wold give you max 10FPS and that is not enough to reach 60. You would need to put all distant rendering options to low and then maybe game would reach 60FPS. I can try to do that a bit later and i will write here if i reached 60FPS :D
yeah, that would be nice. i'd be getting a similar card so it'd be a cool benchmark

tho i remember witcha2 looking pretty bad at low settings so maybe i'll settle for 30

xBladeM6x

Witcher 3 is awesome. Even with a GTX 980, I decided to lock at 30 FPS, and crank the game up to Ultra everything. Even with this setup I never expected to run at a solid 60 FPS. Which is good for me, because even the slightest framerate drops make me want to rip my eyes out, so a constant 30 is totally fine. Smooth, and stunning looking. Otherwise this is my first RPG in a while, and it's amazing. The dialogue in this game is so immersive. The only problem I have, is that I don't want to change from the starter armor, because I love how good it looks. Lol

Shadownet

Banned
The dialogue in this game is so immersive. The only problem I have, is that I don't want to change from the starter armor, because I love how good it looks. Lol
I feel the same way about the armor. It look so good on Geralt. I really love the little attention to details in this game. Like some soldiers has dents in their helmet. Etc.

I'm sure they didn't hire anyone amazing for the voice acting. But you could have fool me. The voices are excellent, even the small unimportant characters sounds pretty authentic and real.

Did I say Witcher 3's facial animation is extremely impressive for an open world game, because it is.
Definitely is, almost as good as L.A. Noire.

Has anyone notice some slight lag during some cutscenes? Like I didn't notice any frame rate drop. But something seem off.

titch

As much as Dr Dogg is a fan of Chromatic Aberration
:p
, you can definitely turn that one off. Rather than explain it to you, here's a visual reference:

Chromatic_aberration_%28comparison%29.jpg

The bottom image has chromatic aberration. Just say no, kids.

So basically it's just a posh word for blurry...

The mouth animations leaves a bit to be desired, but for a game of this scope, with this much content, it's totally understandable.
Also,I agree. Lol
Personally I think lip syncing is on par with most AAA non-openworld games if not better. And the attention to eye movements makes the entire face more natural than most games out there.
I'm sure they didn't hire anyone amazing for the voice acting. But you could have fool me. The voices are excellent, even the small unimportant characters sounds pretty authentic and real.

Definitely is, almost as good as L.A. Noire.
It's great but let's not get ahead ourselves, it'll never beat mocap.

Tizoc

So apparently to get Witcha 3 to run at 60 FPS, I gotta set everything to low on my lappy.
No thanks, I'll set it to medium and high and have it locked to 30 FPS.

Dr Dogg

For those of you who has play Witcher 3 and AssCreed Unity. Which game do you think look better?

I'm sure both have their fans on an aesthtic level but asides from the achieles heel of all Scimitar/Anvil/Anvil Next games in woeful LoD transitions and scaling Unity is still the game to beat on a technical level. The cutscene models in Unity, combined with high quality PBR and the insane bokeh depth of field for me still stands head and shoulders above anything rendered real time in a game.

Personally I think lip syncing is on par with most AAA non-openworld games if not better. And the attention to eye movements makes the entire face more natural than most games out there.
It's great but let's not get ahead ourselves, it'll never beat mocap.

I don't want to blow you mind but...
GamePressure interview with CDPR CEO Adam Badowski said:

Dr Dogg

Psh, I bet the system was downgraded and CDPR is just being coy with the truth.

They're probably gone from a full on 12 camera mocap studio and professional actors for the VGX trailer Geralt to a couple of interns with sock puppets for the final game.

Speaking of downgrades, that bloody thread is still going on.

Arthea

as soon as Witcher launched gaf went down with a bang. That was expected, still funny.
When did you get it back, gaf I mean? I went to sleep, so I don't know.

xBladeM6x

I keep turning off Witcher to go to sleep, and then end up booting it back up again. Help me.
Or don't, because this is too fun. Lol

JaseC

I keep turning off Witcher to go to sleep, and then end up booting it back up again. Help me.
Or don't, because this is too fun. Lol

I did that with Portal 2. I basically finished the game in one sitting.

I wish Valve still made games. :(

Dr Dogg

Witcher III already whetted my appetite this morning and I can see Episode 3 of Life is Strange is downloading proper now. This is going to be the longest day of work in a while.

I did that with Portal 2. I basically finished the game in one sitting.

I think if you tried to do The Witcher III in one sitting you'd end up like those poor souls who end up dead in an internet cafe.

Chariot

GAF. Help. Witcher released, it runs, it's fun. But now I got to got to university, buy a suit and watch Mad Max. Probably going to eat something too. WHY. Life, why are you so cruel to me. I need a hyperbolic timechamber with electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom