• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I was going to get mad at CDPR for removing the free DLC from TW3's subs yet again, but it seems the Free on Demand subs were changed to No Cost, so they still count as owned once "purchased".

Rule number 1 of Steam Club: "Never take +1 from JaseC"! XD

Dr Dogg

I was going to get mad at CDPR for removing the free DLC from TW3's subs yet again, but it seems the Free on Demand subs were changed to No Cost, so they still count as owned once "purchased".

And here's me thinking you no longer cared for DLC +1's. Old habits die hard :p

I'm going to have the hardest time picking between Triss or Yennifer...

probably going to go with Triss.

In what sense (unless this is actually super spoilery and I don't know it)? Polygamy is the middle name of my pseudo-universe Geralt as he's already copped if off with Keira, Triss and Yennifer. I think it's about high time he visited a clinic for a check up.

Rule number 1 of Steam Club: "Never take +1 from JaseC"! XD

We don't talk about Steam Club here Robert.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And here's me thinking you no longer cared for DLC +1's. Old habits die hard :p

I still care about DLC, just not as much as I do games. I went out of my way to find a copy of CoD: Ghosts' DDE to trade for one of the last copies of Earth: Year 2066, but I'd never do that for a skin pack.

Chariot

why do you have to pick one
Let anime teach you some emotion, bro

6ntLsG3.jpg

Dr Dogg

I still care about DLC, just not as much as I do games. I went out of my way to find a copy of CoD: Ghosts' DDE to trade for one of the last copies of Earth: Year 2066, but I'd never do that for a skin pack.

Oh yeah I remember you trying to track down a prerelease copy due to having an exclusive DLC item or such. Didn't you find a Russian copy that had it in the end?

Actually, the Trail of the Grasses makes it so Witchers can't catch most of diseases IIRC.

Seems I need to read up on my Witcher lore.

So, Sleeping Dogs definitive edition, for someone who 100%ed the first version, yay or nay ?

Unless you really want to go through another set achievements or wanted all the DLC then not really as it doesn't add anything substantial in gameplay terms apart from some fixes and tweaks here and there. There are some new lighting effects and a particle system for collisions (well it's more fake than actual physics) but they come with a 10-20% performance hit over the initial release.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah I remember you trying to track down a prerelease copy due to having an exclusive DLC item or such. Didn't you find a Russian copy that had it in the end?

The Russian post-release subs for Ghosts that were taken down after the Gold Edition released contain the pre-order DLC but their retail equivalents do not. I ended up buying a pre-order key from some German reseller site.

fantomena

I'm going to have the hardest time picking between Triss or Yennifer...

probably going to go with Triss.

Did go with Yen. Only reason she is mean and stuff is because of her troubled past. From what Ive read she was unloved and beaten by her parents, she has a general tragic past and she carried a deep sorrow from not being able to have children.

Like in the past when Geralt and Yen lived in Vengerberg, Geralt just left her without saying goodbye. I feel like Yen is a very sad and insecure person inside, but it's very hidden. She really loves Geralt and Ciri. Like in the books when Triss didn't do shit and the Lodge of Sorceresses were looking after Ciri due to the elder blood, Yen was imprisoned and tortured for months for helping to find and hide Ciri. She also saved Geralt when he died in Rivia knowing it might have killed her.

I just looked through all of that and it doesn't sound good.

I wonder if Source 2 just isn't as far along as Valve hoped it would be at this point.

Maybe it's just for Dota and for anything else that's native and not a port, it's in a good shape. But they've been working on this engine for around 5 years or so, so it would be reasonable to expect it's in proper shape. So yeah, it doesn't sound good.

dex3108

Maybe it's just for Dota and for anything else that's native and not a port, it's in a good shape. But they've been working on this engine for around 5 years or so, so it would be reasonable to expect it's in proper shape. So yeah, it doesn't sound good.

Well everything that Valve did lately was half assed so why should Source 2 be different.

Chariot

Did go with Yen. Only reason she is mean and stuff is because of her troubled past. From what Ive read she was unloved and beaten by her parents, she has a general tragic past and she carried a deep sorrow from not being able to have children.

Like in the past when Geralt and Yen lived in Vengerberg, Geralt just left her without saying goodbye. I feel like Yen is a very sad and insecure person inside, but it's very hidden. She really loves Geralt and Ciri. Like in the books when Triss didn't do shit and the Lodge of Sorceresses were looking after Ciri due to the elder blood, Yen was imprisoned and tortured for months for helping to find and hide Ciri. She also saved Geralt when he died in Rivia knowing it might have killed her.
It's so sad that they didn't bring that to thhe table for newcomers at all. I mean, she was mentioned in W2, but she was basically thrown in there from the view of someone who didn't read the books. I can't help to feel a connection to Triss, since she lived through adventures with MeGeralt, but less so with Yen since their adventures are merely told to me. But I have to say, they do have a lot chemistry in
Skellige

Bluth54

I suppose it's possible it's an issue with DOTA2. I might be wrong since I don't follow DOTA 2 closely, but the impression from Valve not doing the Diretide was that it was fairly difficult for Valve to get that different modes and mods, vs something like TF2 where it seems to be more built for new game modes and things like Halloween mode and they don't seem to have issues like that.

Could it just be they setup DOTA2 not not accept mods and changes like have with some of their other games? Even a change to Source 2 probably wouldn't change something like that.

fantomena

It's so sad that they didn't bring that to thhe table for newcomers at all. I mean, she was mentioned in W2, but she was basically thrown in there from the view of someone who didn't read the books. I can't help to feel a connection to Triss, since she lived through adventures with MeGeralt, but less so with Yen since their adventures are merely told to me. But I have to say, they do have a lot chemistry in
Skellige

Yeah, been on the Witcher 3 Official CD Projekt forum where people who have read all the books and lore that Witcher 3 feels more like a sequel to the books than the 2 previous games.

I also assume that many choose Triss because they know her more than Yen due to Witcher and Witcher 2.

Like Triss reveals in the games that she used his amnesia to steal Geralt from Yen, even when Triss knew Geralts love for Yen.

Triss is a sweet person though, but Yen seems to be more for Geralt than Triss, Yen has simply done more for Geralt and Ciri than Triss. If it wasn't for Yen, Geralt would have died when the mob attacked hin in Rivia.

Both Triss and Yen has their bad sides, but I feel Yen has done more for Geralt and Ciri.

dex3108

Man Ubisoft really worked on UPlay Downloader. Now i can use my browser without issues while i am downloading game on UPlay. P.S. UPlay now supports automatic update downloads and it has Online/Busy/Do Not Disturb options.

Chariot

Yeah, been on the Witcher 3 Official CD Projekt forum where people who have read all the books and lore that Witcher 3 feels more like a sequel to the books than the 2 previous games.

I also assume that many choose Triss because they know her more than Yen due to Witcher and Witcher 2.

Like Triss reveals in the games that she used his amnesia to steal Geralt from Yen, even when Triss knew Geralts love for Yen.

Triss is a sweet person though, but Yen seems to be more for Geralt than Triss, Yen has simply done more for Geralt and Ciri than Triss. If it wasn't for Yen, Geralt would have died when the mob attacked hin in Rivia.

Both Triss and Yen has their bad sides, but I feel Yen has done more for Geralt and Ciri.
Yeah, but at least there is choice. Maybe that's actualy why there is choice. One for the bookies and one for the game-only guys.

So witcher 3 is essentially a 3d dating vn?
Please, what did you expect after you saw me playing it?

I suppose it's possible it's an issue with DOTA2. I might be wrong since I don't follow DOTA 2 closely, but the impression from Valve not doing the Diretide was that it was fairly difficult for Valve to get that different modes and mods, vs something like TF2 where it seems to be more built for new game modes and things like Halloween mode and they don't seem to have issues like that.

Could it just be they setup DOTA2 not not accept mods and changes like have with some of their other games? Even a change to Source 2 probably wouldn't change something like that.

Well, up to Alien Swarm Source has been a first person engine. That's all what Valve have been doing, so it makes sense to have an easier time with something like TF2. And if Valve themselves have a hard time with Dota on the old tools, it makes sense to not open it to the general public, until better tools come along.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
D4 Pricing Details

Hey everyone!

With D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die hitting Steam so soon, we're sure you have plenty of questions that need immediate answers!

Many of our fans have been wondering about the pricing for D4 and associated DLC. Wonder no more! Below are all the answers you seek.

Without further ado:

Base Game
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die -Season One- $14.99

DLC
1. D4: Special Costume Set <12 Beers> - $2.99
2. D4: Special Art Book - $4.99
3. D4: Season One Voice Over Script - $4.99
4. D4: Mini Soundtrack - $3.99

DLC Pack
D4: Deluxe DLC Pack (includes all DLC above) - $15.99

Deluxe Edition
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die -Season One- Deluxe Edition
(Includes Base Game and the DLC Pack) - $29.99

Special DLC
D4: SWERY's Choice Costume Set <3 Cups of Coffee> - $0.99
D4: SWERY's Choice Costume Set <3 Bottles of Tequila> - $0.99

That's it for now! D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die -Season 1- hits Steam on June 5th! Don't miss it!

:)

Knurek

Man Ubisoft really worked on UPlay Downloader. Now i can use my browser without issues while i am downloading game on UPlay. P.S. UPlay now supports automatic update downloads and it has Online/Busy/Do Not Disturb options.

Does it still lock your computer for few seconds each DRM check if you happen to use DS4Windows?

This will be fun.

CGKlgctVAAAn6IN.jpg:medium

I thought you didn't review Early Access games?

Eanan

BUT MUH STEAM AND MUH GABEN hurr durr

Ive never had an issue with uplay at all. Dont get the weird hate it gets.

dex3108

Does it still lock your computer for few seconds each DRM check if you happen to use DS4Windows?

Well i only use X360 gamepad so i can't help you with that question.

Wherever you got that thought from it's wrong.

Well one mode (second one unlock when there is enough level 10 players) and 5 maps (if i saw correctly) and promise that more will come in next couple of months can be seen like Early Access game :D

Dr Dogg

I lost 5 hours to Splatoon last night. You might knock what little there is there in the way of modes or maps but it's still got that crazy hook for me that very few mp titles have these days. Whether it has staying power is another thing but by stinging out content in regular segments (ala faux support) will probably do that a favour.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I lost 5 hours to Splatoon last night. You might knock what little there is there in the way of modes or maps but it's still got that crazy hook for me that very few mp titles have these days. Whether it has staying power is another thing but by stinging out content in regular segments (ala faux support) will probably do that a favour.

aren't you supposed to be playing TW3 or something? :p or have you already finished the entire game? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom