• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ubi, where's my PC port of Scott Pilgrim vs the World?

Anybody know of a way to check when their rights to Scott Pilgrim expire? Tribute has said they'd like to pick it back up and put it on Steam if they could, but Ubi seems to still own the rights...

I've got it on Xbox, but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat on Steam.

tioslash

So apparently Steam Support is useless. Two weeks since I posted there, and nothing.

Glad this is the first time I use it in almost a decade.

madjoki

Going by the (couple) reviews up, it seems that Bladestorm: Nightmare is a crap port.

Couple this with the 59.99 price-tag and...well it ain't pretty.

Koei, what were you thinking?

SHIFTJIS (renders as garbage on non-japanese systems) in 2015. lol and doesn't default to English.

HOlFPK9.png

Can't use keyboard to type

AV doesn't stay in sync if framerate is not 30fps.

Some weird symbols instead of proper button prompts

Can't view controls while in-game, that would make it too easy.

Low quality-ish 720p windows media prerended cut scenes.

It's all solid koei-port.

Pachimari

I think I'm only gonna buy a maximum of 3 games this summer sale: Project Cars, The Talos Principle and just maybe Cities: Skylines. I wonder if any of them will have some kind of sale.

SHIFTJIS (renders as garbage on non-japanese systems) in 2015. lol and doesn't default to English.

Good lord.
It's an abomination.

DW8 (aside from lack of online-play and PS3 assets) was an okay port.
This is some literal stone age shit.

Anybody know of a way to check when their rights to Scott Pilgrim expire? Tribute has said they'd like to pick it back up and put it on Steam if they could, but Ubi seems to still own the rights...

I've got it on Xbox, but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat on Steam.

Tiny update! So I dunno how rights and licenses and all that legal mumbo jumbo works, and I also have no idea where I'd look to see what the status of Ubisoft's claim to Scott Pilgrim is, so if anybody is more knowledgeable about this stuff can help me out, it'd be appreciated...

BUT, it looks like maybe Ubi doesn't have the rights to Scott Pilgrim anymore? The game was pulled from XBLA and PSN back in December. Tribute made it seem like they were interested in getting their hands back on the game, but that was back in August of 2013, so maybe the changed their mind or something.

I decided to email them asking if they know anything, and checking if they were still interested. If I get a response I'll post it. But hopefully Scotty P. might finally make his way to Steam? Cross your fingers, and maybe send your own emails to Tribute.

Lain

While everyone should definitely buy NepNep 2, I would like to remind everyone of the other big Japanese game coming to Steam: The Fruit of Grisaia. You should also definitely buy it or else I can't promise what will happen to you...

linkfilter

I'll grab it, when 75% off or more! I'd rather buy the 18+ version instead.

Jawmuncher

I'll grab it, when 75% off or more! I'd rather buy the 18+ version instead.

As I said before there's nudity in like the first 15 minutes.
Only thing I remember from the bit of the game I played. My buddy beat it though and said it was pretty good.

baterism

While everyone should definitely buy NepNep 2, I would like to remind everyone of the other big Japanese game coming to Steam: The Fruit of Grisaia. You should also definitely buy it or else I can't promise what will happen to you...

linkfilter

My friend who play VN singing nothing but praise for Gerisaia series. Me, not really (I don't play VN much). But it seems cool.

Sometimes I wonder if they even tried. And it's not like they haven't done porting before. How can things get worse? Different port houses?

Inb4 someone called PC gamers entitled bunch for complaining rubbish port.

Dr Dogg

I know the Seal is coming up and most of you can't wait to splash your cash on a whole load of games you'll probably never play but I'm really hankering for a new SSD or 3 as despite taking up the Nabs/Stallion method of beat and delete and whittling down my installed titles, with game sizes getting bigger and bigger I'm still running out of space.

Phinor

Stardock and BonusXP decided to put Servo early access available on Steam as well: http://store.steampowered.com/app/305510/

This also means there's finally gameplay video out there and obviously more coming seeing how it's now officially in Steam early access and you can't have NDA on games you sell in Steam, right? Anyway, their official let's play video right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe3NxfopbcY. Haven't watched it yet but it's a $20 RTS so expectations aren't sky high.

Knurek

I know the Seal is coming up and most of you can't wait to splash your cash on a whole load of games you'll probably never play but I'm really hankering for a new SSD or 3 as despite taking up the Nabs/Stallion method of beat and delete and whittling down my installed titles, with game sizes getting bigger and bigger I'm still running out of space.

256 GB SSD + 3 TB MagHDD, and yet I still don't have enough space to install everything (even excluding the beat/delete games).
:(

Dr Dogg

KT and their prices are always a little crazy for the titles they put on Steam. Yiaba was £50, DW8 is £40 and DOA5 is a bargain at £30 -10% but they all line up with PSN prices to some degree. £50 for what is essentially a 8 year old game with a Undead Nightmare style expansion is a little crackers even without quality being brought into it.

256 GB SSD + 3 TB MagHDD, and yet I still don't have enough space to install everything (even excluding the beat/delete games).
:(

My gaming PC has a 256gb OS drive, a 1tb media drive and a 1tb games drive, all SSD and all close to full that I've had to reduce my over provisioning. Still my work PC 8 2tb HDD's and 2 512gb SSD's I've been dumping stuff onto until I sort myself out.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
[Features of the Windows version]
One feature of the Windows version is the ability to set detailed graphic settings, like number of characters displayed, draw distance, and so on, based on your PC’s specs.
For those using high spec PCs, using the highest settings optimizes DirectX11’s capabilities, allowing for improved battlefield graphics and amazingly smooth gameplay at a high frame rate.
Also, since it is possible to customize the controls, you can create a control scheme that you enjoy for the best game play experience.
h19cz3s.gif

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well the quality of the port for Bladestorm reminds me more of fan translated doujin games than an actual product by the company.
Actually, quite a few of them seem better than this. lol

Shadownet

Banned
In what sense (unless this is actually super spoilery and I don't know it)? Polygamy is the middle name of my pseudo-universe Geralt as he's already copped if off with Keira, Triss and Yennifer.
Well there is another reason why I want to pick just one. It's pretty spoilery.
if you make love to both Yen and Triss then at the end there is the threesome scene. But they actually play a joke on you, and leave you tied to the bed. And you'll end up "forever alone." Geralt will just become a wandering Witcher. Which isn't all that bad. But I prefer him ending up with someone.

why do you have to pick one
Because Chariot said so. Plus, pissing off sorceress because you can't keep it in your pants its probably the one thing you don't wanna do.

Let anime teach you some emotion, bro
I knew Chariot got this covered for me.

So, Sleeping Dogs definitive edition, for someone who 100%ed the first version, yay or nay ?
As Dogg said, unless you feel like replaying it. Its not worth it. The graphic might look nicer but the performance hit to the game is quite crappy.

Did go with Yen. Only reason she is mean and stuff is because of her troubled past. From what Ive read she was unloved and beaten by her parents, she has a general tragic past and she carried a deep sorrow from not being able to have children.

Like in the past when Geralt and Yen lived in Vengerberg, Geralt just left her without saying goodbye. I feel like Yen is a very sad and insecure person inside, but it's very hidden. She really loves Geralt and Ciri. Like in the books when Triss didn't do shit and the Lodge of Sorceresses were looking after Ciri due to the elder blood, Yen was imprisoned and tortured for months for helping to find and hide Ciri. She also saved Geralt when he died in Rivia knowing it might have killed her.
In this episode of "The more you know". Thanks for letting me know that.

Please, what did you expect after you saw me playing it?
I'm tempted to say you only play games if there is some sort of dating aspect in it.

Looks way too call of duty for me :(

pls Valve bring back old one

Not to mention the CoD leveling up system. I think I left this game at right time. Made it to DMG. I'm more than happy to retired.

I'm a professional Witcher from now on.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ah I remember those days. It was a simpler time then, the sun was always shining, the air was ever so fresh and you could walk into the Steam thread and relax and not worry about a thing. Then anime games came to Steam and things have been on the sharp decline ever since.

It's been downhill since they let pinball games on Steam.

Chariot

You have like 1.2 hours more and you can play it, i must work 6 hours more D;
Awww, hon :(

I think that says more about your filthy mind really :p
My mind is as pure as german beer.

I'm tempted to say you only play games if there is some sort of dating aspect in it.
It's a major plus at the very least :p
Bring dating sim aspects into Assassins Creed and I am back on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom