• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Game Informer is Super Replay-ing Conker's Bad Fur Day. This should be interesting, I never actually played that one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
09 is definitely canon (as far as I know), which makes it all the more weirder that it's not on Steam.

There's some overlap with regard to characters but to the best of my knowledge there are no narrative ties to past Wolfenstein games, just small references in the form of easter eggs (e.g. the Wolf3D dream).

rtcn63

I played Wolf09 and I'm currently reading the wiki

Caroline gets shot in Wolf09, and she references this in New Order as being responsible for her current physical condition. And Deathshead escapes at the end of Wolf09, and New Order starts with you going after him.

DocSeuss

There's some overlap with regard to characters but to the best of my knowledge there are no narrative ties to past Wolfenstein games, just small references in the form of easter eggs (e.g. the Wolf3D dream).

It is a sequel, they just chose to avoid referencing the occult stuff.

JaseC

Caroline gets shot in Wolf09, and she references this in New Order as being responsible for her current physical condition. And Deathshead escapes at the end of Wolf09, and New Order starts with you going after him.

Ah. I probably should have played through 09 again before starting 14, haha. I suppose it'd be more accurate to say that 14 borrows characters from 09 but ignores the occultism that largely defined the story they were taken from.

rtcn63

Ah. I probably should have played through 09 again before starting TNO, haha. I suppose it'd be more accurate to say that TNO borrows characters from Wolf09 but ignores the occultism that largely defined the story they were taken from.

It kinda reminds me of Evil Dead 1 -> Evil Dead 2. Technically a direct continuation, but like, Batman. Or production issues.

There are definite nods to Wolf '09 in The New Order but it's less of a direct sequel.

Well in a way, both are the lame anti-hero crap.

One is a PG-13 rated super villain movie, the other is rated R, neither are crap. Open world games are a dime a dozen these days, in most of them you're just a dude with a gun. Most likely a gangster. Infamous and Prototype were fun and relatively unique in that they were build your own superhero/villain simulators. Now that Radical is gone and Activision is as risk averse as they are, all that's left is Infamous.

Dsyndrome

Ah. I probably should have played through 09 again before starting 14, haha. I suppose it'd be more accurate to say that 14 borrows characters from 09 but ignores the occultism that largely defined the story they were taken from.
I agree with that. :)

Anteater

finished gurumin but i think i pressed the wrong button to save my progress, it's ok tho, don't think i'll go back to it, game was pretty fun

Nabs

finished gurumin but i think i pressed the wrong button to save my progress, it's ok tho, don't think i'll go back to it, game was pretty fun

I think it's one of those games that won't save after the final encounter. You can beat the game well before completing everything.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Seems like a pretty clear cut sequel to me.

I'm glad I have both games on my Steam account because of those narrative connections.

JaseC

Nuuvem Wolfenstein keys are supposed to be out already, yeah? Still haven't got one, ordered on 28.4.

I'm sure Bethesda is fixing the technical issue that is preventing it from sending Nuuvem more keys. If your key could be there, it would be there.

On a more serious note, the answer to your question is "Yes."

Edit: Just 100 posts to go until I hit 56789.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm sure Bethesda is fixing the technical issue that is preventing it from sending Nuuvem more keys. If your key could be there, it would be there.

On a more serious note, the answer to your question is "Yes."

oh, so THAT's why you post so much ... gotta get those +1s ;)

Kagemusha

Nuuvem Wolfenstein keys are supposed to be out already, yeah? Still haven't got one, ordered on 28.4.

Site says keys will be released 4/5/2015 which doesn't make since because it's well past the the 5th of April.
I boiled water in the microwave this morning for my oatmeal

Turfster

"And then he was never heard from again, fading into legend" ;)

Man, AC3 is really fugly, and the tutorial/storydump crap at the start is still annoying as fuck.
Also, douchey mc-stickuphisass is
AssFlag protag's son, right, from what I remember from the epilogue stuff?

jediyoshi

MWMeZgG.png

Agreed!

MUnited83

For you.
By no means a official source, but a bird told me Arkham Knight will indeed be available in a Nvidia promotion. Should be announced in a couple of days.

pahamrick

By no means a official source, but a bird told me Arkham Knight will indeed be available in a Nvidia promotion. Should be announced in a couple of days.

Wonder if they'll just allow a choice between Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 for awhile then, since the Witcher Promo runs until the end of the month.

If we were going to get Life Is Strange ep. 3 this week we would probably already know about it, right?

Oh well, I'm guessing it shouldn't be more than a couple weeks out at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom