• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

What's wrong with them? They are a lot better than the previous games.

The fact that shooting the pistol is not mapped to RT but to Y as is reload is seriously wtf.

Also, I broke the fucking tutorial mission with the box AGAIN by doing EXACTLY WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE.
Guess that same fucking guy fell through the fucking ground again.

Yes, the fucking tutorial bullshit is still as fucking annoying as it was on the fucking PS3.
"Oh, let's only let you walk everywhere. And then freeze you. And if you didn't walk where we wanted you to, we'll just walk your character there. Fuck you, player."
I've been suffering your fucking "game" for 3 hours, you fucks.

Parsnip

Man, AC3 is really fugly, and the tutorial/storydump crap at the start is still annoying as fuck.
Also, douchey mc-stickuphisass is
AssFlag protag's son, right, from what I remember from the epilogue stuff?

If you are talking about Haytham, the best playable character in Assassin's Creed series, then yes.

rtcn63

What kind of bird?

Northern-Cardinal.jpg

Apparently the little fucker's been making the rounds.

BruteUA

I'll just sit over here by myself, feeling really lucky because I've played through the AssCreeds without any issues that were a big enough deal to ruin the game for me or annoy me for more than a couple minutes. Even the ones I have on uPlay only.

Someday I'll regret my good luck being spent on that.

Hm. Wanted to start GTA4:EFLC.
Before the game starts I get a prompt to log into Social Club.

But it doesn't work. Always gives me an authentication error.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm of two minds about LEGO Star Wars. On the one hand it hasn't been on sale in a while and this is a great price for it.

On the other hand, the last time I thought this about a game, it was VtM: Bloodlines and they started putting it on sale frequently.

Kagemusha

I'm of two minds about LEGO Star Wars. On the one hand it hasn't been on sale in a while and this is a great price for it.

On the other hand, the last time I thought this about a game, it was VtM: Bloodlines and they started putting it on sale frequently.

Is there a chance that Disney's LEGO license could end though? Like maybe Warner payed a bunch of money for exclusive use of the LEGO license starting in 2016?

Lomax

Even if it does start to go on sale regularly, I can't imagine it would ever be below 75% off, which isn't much less. Plus, Disney of all groups has seemed very reticent to put stuff on sale regularly or for more than 50% off.

All that said, there will almost certainly be major promotions with the new movie. I bought Lego Clone Wars, but that's because I actually want to play it.

Is there a chance that Disney's LEGO license could end though? Like maybe Warner payed a bunch of money for exclusive use of the LEGO license starting in 2016?

I don't think it works that way, and the general LEGO Star Wars license isn't going anywhere any time soon.

I never used Social Club for GTA4, so you should be fine skipping it.

EFLC bored me, hopefully you enjoy it more.
This is getting ridiculous. Took a look at the community hub.

Social Club makes trouble.
SecuRom makes trouble.
GFWL makes trouble.
Windows 8 makes trouble.

How many hoops do I have to jump to play this fricking game?
I don't even know which problem to tackle.

For being one of the biggest franchises in existence this game shouldn't be in a state like this.

Bloodlines is one of my favorite games but every time I see it I think about the cancelled World of Darkness mmo and how much that hurts. It sounded so perfect ;-;

Circumvented SecuRom and SocialClub with paulold renaming trick.

The game still doesn't start though. Now it is GFWL/Win8 causing ruckus.

Downloaded xliveless.dll but copying it into EFLC game folder doesn't change anything. Shit!

Damn shit! Couldn't Rockstar be assed to patch their fu**ing game to be playable without the countless and useless bloatware they added?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I was in the same conundrum with LSW Clone Wars and I opted not to purchase it because I do feel it will start going on sale consistently now and even if it is just drops to the same price, I won't be playing it anytime soon anyways.

PARANO1A

So what should I know before playing Dark Souls on Steam? Both from a technology perspective but also in terms of gameplay?

Kagemusha

So what should I know before playing Dark Souls on Steam? Both from a technology perspective but also in terms of gameplay?

Enemies that throw firebombs are a sign that you should go another way.

Edit: also, as soon as you see a rat, put all of your soul experience into RESistance. You don't want to get sick.

Downloaded xliveless.dll but copying it into EFLC game folder doesn't change anything. Shit!

Damn shit! Couldn't Rockstar be assed to patch their fu**ing game to be playable without the countless and useless bloatware they added?

I can't even run GTA V in offline mode. RS launcher verify my activation each time I run the game.

Wouldn't it be fair enough if we just crack the game(s)?
I mean, we've bought them, right. We won't have to deal with those trash DRM anymore. Yeah, we'll lose some online/achievement features but at least we can play the games.

Turfster

I can't even run GTA V in offline mode. RS launcher verify my activation each time I run the game.

I mean, we've bought them, right. We won't have to deal with those trash DRM anymore. Yeah, we'll lose some online/achievement features but at least we can play the games.

Except you can't trust most cracks to a) be virus/trojan free (not by design, but by the people distributing them) and b) not break the game in some small, hard to detect way.

Of course. Even more so when the game is basically unplayable without some community fix.

I tried lots of things, even installed and made a GFWL account -_-'
Didn't help start the game though.

Finally I found a thread suggesting installing various Visual C/Framework thingies. That did the trick. The game actually started!

But I can't change any graphical settings because of course I can't.
Sigh. Rockstar, this port is a big POS. I am baffled how such a big dev and such a big game can be in such a horribly poor technical state. Embarrassing.

Here the unchangeable graphic settings stuck at lowest possible.
Found another thread for this. Gonna try now.

inm8num2

Started Shadow Warrior (2013) earlier tonight, and this game is one helluva lot of fun. Great mechanics, abilities, upgrades, weapons, etc. The swordplay is fast and fun, and the game has all the right elements of humor and wit that the original did.

Please, Flying Wild Hog, do a Heretic/Hexen game next. :)

Except you can't trust most cracks to a) be virus/trojan free (not by design, but by the people distributing them) and b) not break the game in some small, hard to detect way.

Well, yeah.
I'm not going to re-format my PC after all these years due to a virus. That's why I'm considering it as the last resort.

Of course. Even more so when the game is basically unplayable without some community fix.

Finally I found a thread suggesting installing various Visual C/Framework thingies. That did the trick. The game actually started!

Sigh. Rockstar, this port is a big POS. I am baffled how such a big dev and such a big game can be in such a horribly poor technical state. Embarrassing.

Can I have the link for that thread?
I'm also going to install GTA IV later after Witcher 3, as I haven't played it at all.

Sch1sm

I'm also going to install GTA IV later after Witcher 3, as I haven't played it at all.

One of my favourites of all GTA's. Top 3, at the least. Nico and Roman are just such...er, lovable characters. I poured too many hours into that game. I went through every possible path.

MUnited83

For you.

The solution is "pirating"(not really pirating if you own it) so all the stupidity of the DRM goes away.

Well, if you are in 2005 or something, yeah :p. It's not really that hard to find virus-free cracks.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

The issue is that the game doesn't understand how much VRAM you actually have and thinks that it's basically 0. It's set up to not let you use settings that would put you over your VRAM limit.

Throw this in the games launch parameters and it should fix it

Code:
-nomemrestrict
-norestrictions

Otherwise, in the games executable directory, make a file called

Code:
commandline.txt

and put

Code:
-nomemrestrict
-norestrictions

^^ Thanks Alo! What you wrote is exactly what I read in another thread. Solved it!
Can I have the link for that thread?
Sure.
Here the thread for the VC redist stuff and here the thread for being able to change graphical settings.

Also, if you rename paul.dll in your GTAIV/EFLC folder to paulold.dll, you won't have to worry about securom or socialclub anymore. They both are defunct in the game anyway.

I'm going to bed now but tomorrow I'll be making a post on mods hopefully (iCEnhancer 3.0 and a couple other nifty ones (first-person, slow-mo etc.).

Also, here a little webm with graphical settings enabled. Does look a bit blurred since I recorded at 720p but the game was actually 768p. Need to change my settings. But mind you, this is with every setting at maximum! Not a looker after all these years. iCEnancer should change this a bit ;)
http://a.pomf.se/weugcg.webm
The solution is "pirating"(not really pirating if you own it) so all the stupidity of the DRM goes away.
I wouldn't care if the various DRM would work but they don't and prevent me from playing the damn game.
Watchugonnado? Thankful that the community made R* work of patching the game into playability.

Still not an ounce of joy to be found in the AC3 city traversal.
Step on a box? 50 fucking redcoats on your neck.

there is nothing redeeming about AC3

before someone says the ship stuff, i actually hate it, its really slow and boring. which is why imo AC4 is without a doubt the worst assassin's creed game*.

thats going from ac1-4 including the psp and vita spin offs, haven't played unity and have no intentions of doing so.

One of my favourites of all GTA's. Top 3, at the least. Nico and Roman are just such...er, lovable characters. I poured too many hours into that game. I went through every possible path.

My last GTA was GTA III, and that was nearly 15 years ago haha.
All I did was messing around with the civilians and cops, wrecking havoc, spawning ridiculous vehicles, etc. I spent too many times with it and kinda lost my interest on the series since then. And now here I am, playing GTA V. It makes me want to come back and play those GTA games that I missed. Well, perhaps not all of them.

^^ Thanks Alo! What you wrote is exactly what I read in another thread. Solved it!

Sure.
Here the thread for the VC redist stuff and here the thread for being able to change graphical settings.

Also, if you rename paul.dll in your GTAIV/EFLC folder to paulold.dll, you won't have to worry about securom or socialclub anymore. They both are defunct in the game anyway.

I'm going to bed now but tomorrow I'll be making a post on mods hopefully (iCEnhancer 3.0 and a couple other nifty ones (first-person, slow-mo etc.).

Also, here a little webm with graphical settings enabled. Does look a bit blurred since I recorded at 720p but the game was actually 768p. Need to change my settings. But mind you, this is with every setting at maximum! Not a looker after all these years. iCEnancer should change this a bit ;)
http://a.pomf.se/weugcg.webm

I wouldn't care if the various DRM would work but they don't and prevent me from playing the damn game.
Watchugonnado? Thankful that the community made R* work of patching the game into playability.

Ah, thanks a lot!
I'll keep them in my docs for now.

Grief.exe

Traffic, man. Traffic.

Here is my traffic solution. Have a system of one ways from your high-way enter your city at different points. Allow them to diffuse before encountering each other.

If only Rockstar would go back and fix up the port. At least GTAV and Max Payne 3 will scale well into the future, IV is just a dinosaur that struggles to run no matter what era of computing you are in.

Here is my traffic solution. Have a system of one ways from your high-way enter your city at different points. Allow them to diffuse before encountering each other.

If only Rockstar would go back and fix up the port. At least GTAV and Max Payne 3 will scale well into the future, IV is just a dinosaur that struggles to run no matter what era of computing you are in.
Gotta say, flying cars would alleviate a lot of my Cities: Skylines traffic-related woes.

MUnited83

For you.

I find it hilarious that there's actual real people that defend the shitty GTAIV port and that it runs just fine now, the issues were all before the patches. Or people have shitty computers and that's clearly the reason.

BruteUA

In place of my Wolfenstein key on Nuuvem:

Chave ainda não gerada,
pode estar havendo um atraso da produtora.

(Not yet generated key,
there may be a delay of production.)

Can't help but notice all these technical issues popping up since you guys asked for Wolf 09.

Now that you mention it. I realized that I got surprisingly similar FPS with 800x600 everything on lowest and 1366x768 everything on highest. Hovered around the 50 mark. But it just wouldn't go to 60. Looked and played fine but I wonder what behind the "veil" causes the game to perform so weird.

Teeth

I hear a lot about Singularity is kind of like Bioshock...can someone who's played it tell me if the game is structured in the semi-non-linear levels like Bioshock, or is it just a plow-ahead-only hallway shooter with creepy enemies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom