• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

I hear a lot about Singularity is kind of like Bioshock...can someone who's played it tell me if the game is structured in the semi-non-linear levels like Bioshock, or is it just a plow-ahead-only hallway shooter with creepy enemies?

My wife loved Bioshock, but hated Singularity for what it's worth.

Kagemusha

Now that you mention it. I realized that I got surprisingly similar FPS with 800x600 everything on lowest and 1366x768 everything on highest. Hovered around the 50 mark. But it just wouldn't go to 60. Looked and played fine but I wonder what behind the "veil" causes the game to perform so weird.

No citation but PC Gaming Wiki says "In-game Vsync locks the frame rate to 55"

Teggy

I hear a lot about Singularity is kind of like Bioshock...can someone who's played it tell me if the game is structured in the semi-non-linear levels like Bioshock, or is it just a plow-ahead-only hallway shooter with creepy enemies?

It's essentially a corridor shooter. There's a bit of room to move around, but there's no backtracking or anything like that. It's a decent game though - has an interesting story and weapons.

Hey, whose teeth are those, anyway?

No citation but PC Gaming Wiki says "In-game Vsync locks the frame rate to 55"
Well I'll be not damned. Turned on Vsync first thing. Didn't occur to me being the reason. Thanks buddy. Will try turning it off tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't tear.

Also, congrats on your member.

Teeth

It's essentially a corridor shooter. There's a bit of room to move around, but there's no backtracking or anything like that. It's a decent game though - has an interesting story and weapons.

Hey, whose teeth are those, anyway?

Tori Amos'.

And thanks for the explanation. It's been a while since we've had a decent shooter between the corridor and totally-open-world kinds.

Grief.exe

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wow the free to play age of empires "clash of clans" clone on windows 8 store is really really bad. how can anyone play this

Grief.exe

I wonder why Call of Duty: World at War is in the top 10 sellers. Black Ops II is up there as well, but that makes more sense.

Maybe someone can rationalize what is going on, I really know much about the series other than
Call of Duty 4 is overrated
. I'm picking up Call of Duty 2 right now to try to remedy that.

Kagemusha

Well I'll be not damned. Turned on Vsync first thing. Didn't occur to me being the reason. Thanks buddy. Will try turning it off tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't tear.

Also, congrats on your member.

Well, that's.. something.

I turned it off and all I got was tearing. I'm getting 50 FPS average regardlesss. Probably PhysX, loading, and animation that keeps game from going above 60.

Thanks, it's cool being a member. I just lurked for the first 5 years. I think half of my 300 posts were ModBot giveaways here, lol.

I wonder why Call of Duty: World at War is in the top 10 sellers. Black Ops II is up there as well, but that makes more sense.

Maybe someone can rationalize what is going on, I really know much about the series other than

The DD edition of Black Ops 2 is $40, and comes with Nuketown and World at War. That's probably why.

Is Black Ops 2 worth a buy? Looking between it and Planetside 2.

Milamber

My wife loved Bioshock, but hated Singularity for what it's worth.

Ask your wife on the current crop of 3D hentai games and what's her favorite?

I enjoy the WWII/Modern/Advanced/Black Ops Warfare series. It's like a terrible summer blockbuster flick.

Also, short enough to enjoy its entire storyline.

RedFyn

W@W is a great game that was completely overshadowed by the behemoth that was cod 4 and came out at a time where modern warfare was the new cool thing and 'noone' wanted to play ww2 games anymore. A viewpoint similar,though much more profound i think, to the modern warfare fatigue you see today. Aside from zombies it just wasn't what the kids were playing and it suffered because of that.

I think it selling well is due to it being a great game, people not having picked it up before due to cod4 and the modern warfare fatigue that's popped up recently.

Which games have you played in the series?

The DD edition of Black Ops 2 is $40, and comes with Nuketown and World at War. That's probably why.

Is Black Ops 2 worth a buy? Looking between it and Planetside 2.
Eh, its worse than BO. Are you looking to get it for sp, mp, or both?

W@W is a great game that was completely overshadowed by the behemoth that was cod 4 and came out at a time where modern warfare was the new cool thing and 'noone' wanted to play ww2 games anymore. A viewpoint similar,though much more profound i think, to the modern warfare fatigue you see today. Aside from zombies it just wasn't what the kids were playing and it suffered because of that.

I think it selling well is due to it being a great game, people not having picked it up before due to cod4 and the modern warfare fatigue that's popped up recently.

Which games have you played in the series?

Eh, its worse than BO. Are you looking to get it for sp, mp, or both?

MP - I bought it, and I don't like it. Going to get a refund

RedFyn

MP - I bought it, and I don't like it. Going to get a refund
Sorry to hear. I forgot to finish editing my initial comment but thats obviously unnecessary now. In short I think its an overrated game with a much to long ttk mp and poor sp. I enjoyed my time with it to be sure but its definitely mediocre.

I also bought it on wiiu for the wiimote support that I love(d) so much in the past cods but they royally screwed that up which left a sour taste in my mouth that I never let go.

Sorry to hear. I forgot to finish editing my initial comment but thats obviously unnecessary now. In short I think its an overrated game with a much to long ttk mp and poor sp. I enjoyed my time with it to be sure but its definitely mediocre.

I also bought it on wiiu for the wiimote support that I love(d) so much in the past cods but they royally screwed that up which left a sour taste in my mouth that I never let go.

I don't mind a longer TTK. That's a big reason why I've been playing BF4 again for the first time since launch. It's just that from what I played, the gunplay felt AWFUL and sounded even worse, along with some ugly as shit aesthetics

My gaming laptop purchase has once gain been delayed. This time by choice.
I want the GTX 980

image.php

Smart choice. Best bang for your buck getting a GPU.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Future wife? Like engagement?

ewwwwwww
To get real: I don't believe in marriage;love is always circumstantial. I believe in monogamy as we've evolved as such.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Just played through shovel knight, it's a really good game.

Though finishing it makes the wait for plauge knight update unbearable for me.

Arthea

Does anybody who applied for WotS4 beta got in? If yes, could you kindly at least hint us how's the game? I assume there are problems with a port, as we see no game and no new release date and no news.

Arthea

oh god of monsters this page... it's like entering a bad rep nightclub or something.

I like how Tom is such a tease. Trails SC related:
The game is still probably months out, but the number of months has dwindled to the point where it might be more convenient to start measuring it in weeks soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
For a second, I thought you had divorced from your parents so you could not invite them to your wedding. I was very confused.
lol no

my parents were like "zky we'll always be together!" and then they broke up when i was like 16 and now i'm a broken human being :p

RedFyn

lol no

my parents were like "zky we'll always be together!" and then they broke up when i was like 16 and now i'm a broken human being :p
Am I the only one that reads zky as zyk (zike)? I didn't even realize I was reading it wrong until fairly recently.

zkylon

zkylewd
we all are ;) obviously
yea i've learned that over the years

i'm actually really happy when like a couple i know gets married, it's just not something i see for myself

tho i do hate it when couples get married in like tv shows haha, really annoys me for some reason

For Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon fans, supposedly:

not the same without the cute pixelart tho :T

Am I the only one that reads zky as zyk (zike)? I didn't even realize I was reading it wrong until fairly recently.
yea a lot of ppl call me that but zky is my name so like call me zky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom