• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The game will be sold for $14.99 USD during the early access period.”

That doesn't answer the question.

Edit: It's free on other platforms, so perhaps the answer is supposed to imply that it won't have a price after it leaves Early Access.

Arthea

Edit: It's free on other platforms, so perhaps the answer is supposed to imply that it won't have a price after it leaves Early Access.

wait... it will be f2p?
hype dead, it can stay in EA forever if that's the case.

edited: how can it be free on other platforms if it's not a finnish game again?
totally confused now

edit2: decided to read myself, the game is finished, I really really didn't like
The game is fully playable, but we're ironing out prices of purchases.
so, microtransactions the game? Or isn't it?

Ugh, I hope not. I don't want F2P gameplay (stamina meter and premium currency) in my Animal Crossing.

ya, I'm not touching it if that's the case

Catshade

Ugh, I hope not. I don't want F2P gameplay (stamina meter and premium currency) in my Animal Crossing.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
X18OZc4.jpg

... and there are timers on almost everything

although - there doesn't seem to be a way to actually buy pearls with real cash ... not yet, at least

Arthea

Yeah, you can see a purchase screen in the trailer, plus there's unreleased DLC of some sort.

so much for this one.

pay to play is not going to go away, is it? I hoped it will, but it seems awfully resistant. I blame iOS and all who play those games.

Maybe I am wrong, but wasn't Facebook the one that started micro-transactions?

I don't know, as I'm not using facebook either, but if that's the case I blame it too.

Deques

so much for this one.

pay to play is not going to go away, is it? I hoped it will, but it seems awfully resistant. I blame iOS and all who play those games.

Maybe I am wrong, but wasn't Facebook the one that started micro-transactions?

Arthea

do we believe this?

edited: I mean if they removed all limitations and microtransactions, why just not sell it, as devs usually do.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
do we believe this?

edited: I mean if they removed all limitations and microtransactions, why just not sell it, as devs usually do.

they might need that extra EA time to make it less grindy maybe? you know - since there won't be any microtransactions etc.

Lain

Just bought Higurashi from Mangagamer and they already had the Steam Key ready. It's nice to see that they understand how to do it right.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I wonder why Call of Duty: World at War is in the top 10 sellers. Black Ops II is up there as well, but that makes more sense.

Maybe someone can rationalize what is going on, I really know much about the series other than
Call of Duty 4 is overrated
. I'm picking up Call of Duty 2 right now to try to remedy that.
You kinda had to be there when it hit to understand why people hold COD4 in such high regard.

RaGe_pt

I bought Skyrim V last week. I dunno if this is the right place to ask but can anyone recommend me the best mods to install?

Lain

tell me more! How much is it, linky and all that boring stuff

It is 5,35$. You can buy it from their site here (direct link to the Higurashi page), though be advised that the weekly ranking bar on the right might contain risky covers (right now only the last one is a risky one), so don't scroll the page too much nor visit the main site as it can be NSFW (they had to remove the all ages version of the site because of the ESRB or something).

Deques

It is 5,35$. You can buy it from their site here (direct link to the Higurashi page), though be advised that the weekly ranking bar on the right might contain risky covers (right now only the last one is a risky one), so don't scroll the page too much nor visit the main site as it can be NSFW (they had to remove the all ages version of the site because of the ESRB or something).

5,35$ only?
Goes to site and realise that it's only first chapter >.<

Lain

5,35$ only?
Goes to site and realise that it's only first chapter >.<

Yeah they'll sell them individually. It'll be 14 chapters in total, with the extras.

For a while now, many have wondered why Higurashi‘s release has been delayed, and today we’re excited to finally share that our acquisition of Higurashi Hou has been one of those reasons! This acquisition means that our upcoming release on Steam will be the definitive version of Higurashi both for Japan and the West! This also means that we’ll be releasing every single chapter of Higurashi contained in Hou: all four Question Arcs, all four Answer Arcs (Higurashi Kai), all three arcs of Higurashi Rei (which were previously never released in English!), Hinamizawa Teiryuujyo (the never-before-released original concept story for the Higurashi series), Higurashi Outbreak (a chapter formerly available only in drama CD format), and a brand-new arc exclusive to Higurashi Hou–the Kamikanshi Chapter. All 14 of these chapters will be released individually on Steam and our website as translation progresses.

What does this mean for the Steam version of Higurashi? It means a long list of new features will be included!

Options to switch between the new sprites and the old
New Higurashi Hou sprites will also be redone in the new sprite style
The BGM that were replaced in the initial release will be restored to the original versions
Options to switch between playing in English and Japanese on-the-fly

Arthea

Thanks, I'll buy later when at home.

Deques

Yeah they'll sell them individually. It'll be 14 chapters in total, with the extras.

If all chapters cost as much as the first chapter then the total cost will be $74.9. Kinda expensive. I am going to wait a full game discount :p

TheMixta43

Neo Member
Why isn't Singularity on the AU Steam store? :(

Had an urge to try it out and saw it happened to be 75% off at the moment. Is there any way I can get it at this price on my own without having somebody from the USA gifting?

JaseC

Why isn't Singularity on the AU Steam store? :(

Had an urge to try it out and saw it happened to be 75% off at the moment. Is there any way I can get it at this price on my own without having somebody from the USA gifting?

Not any more.

TheMixta43

Neo Member
Not any more.

So gifting from other regions is completely out of the question entirely now? That sucks if so.

Amazon are selling keys but are still at full price at the moment, I should be fine to redeem those if I decide to buy from there shouldn't I?

JaseC

So gifting from other regions is completely out of the question entirely now? That sucks if so.

I was responding to the question of whether or not it's possible for you to buy the game at its current price without having it gifted. You can still have the game gifted to you in exchange for whatever provided it wasn't purchased in Eastern Europe, Central/South America, South-east Asia or Turkey.

TheMixta43

Neo Member
I was responding to the question of whether or not it's possible for you to buy the game at its current price without having it gifted. You can still have the game gifted to you in exchange for whatever provided it wasn't purchased in Eastern Europe, Central/South America, South-east Asia or Turkey.

Oh okay, thanks! What are the odds of me finding somebody willing to gift in exchange for the money in the next six hours before the deal ends? Is there a site anywhere dedicated to things like this? Never have been after a game not on the Australian store before.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
There was a greenlight game here. It's gone now.

Knurek

I think Steam still needs a quality control over the games that are being offered in it's service. There are just too many crap games

Valve implemented Quality Control. It's being called Steam Reviews.
(works as well as episodic content for Half-Life did).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom