• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

This might sound really dumb but I can't seem to get Wolfenstein to confirm my graphics changes?

It just keeps defaulting to medium after I leave the menu =/

Backing my games up 'cause I'm getting a new hard drive. Been at this for like 15 minutes:

ucSyFTZ.png

Think it's safe to close it?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
...It's $2.49, it can be as short as it wants to be @_@
Why do you gotta find gripes about a game at that price, amigo...

I can get better and longer games for $2.49 tho. Game is not too polished and its rather forgettable.

Also I don't even have $2.49 on my bank account so every penny counts lol.

Terra_Ex

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/killer-bundle-3/

Planetary Annhilation
Stalker: Call of Pripyat
Of Orcs and Men
It came from Space and Ate Our Brains
Super Motherload
Merchants of Kaidan
The Original Strife: Veteran's Edition
Letter Quest
Survivalist
Spark Rising

$4.99

awesome bundle IMO
Nice, I'll get it for Orcs and Planetary Annihilation. Both have been on the cusp of bundle territory for some time.

Backing my games up 'cause I'm getting a new hard drive. Been at this for like 15 minutes:

Think it's safe to close it?
I've found it sometimes gets stuck at that point (particularly if you're using DVD sized chunks), sometimes it's safe to close it, other times you're out of luck and the backup won't work properly. That's my experience at least.

Ozium

I really like Bundle Stars.

So glad I kept waiting on Planetary Annihilation

same... and bundle stars has been my favorite bundle site this last year... most of their bundles are reasonably priced and they seem to get a lot of things before other bundle sites...

Yeah they might have been under an NDA, but then again maybe not. I mean, they were waiting in the lobby to get started, so they might not have signed anything at that point.

Also it didn't help that I was waiting for someone else to get out of a meeting, and Jeep Barnett walks out, recognizes me, and asks if I'm there for the L4D3 play testing.

So yeah at this point it's like the worst kept Valve secret.

And some people still think Valve haven't been working on a new game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Canabalt -- MB-9B91193D1D198F10 - Taken by SalsaShark
Not Without my Donuts -- MB-D3E251A4D1A64A8C - Taken by Deques
East Tower: Akio -- MB-CA27ED17B1B9D05A - Taken by Bayonetta

Arthea

Even I wanted Canabalt, but sansa gets everything!

I haven't even played Planetary Annihilation yet... and now it is in a bundle. Good that I don't buy games anymore, no regrets, otoh I never had so huge wishlist too...

I guess no one else cares about Project CARS ... ok then :(

wait, you already ditched Skylines and DiRT Raly?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-1972B7A6154EEEE2 - Taken by Eila

Uzzy

I bought Planetary Annihilation last summer sale. Very disappointing game. If you're after a game in the vein of Total Annihilation you're better off grabbing Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance.

That said, things might have improved in the six months since I played it last. Apparently they finally added in the ability to save a single player game, which is nice.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I bought Planetary Annihilation last summer sale. Very disappointing game. If you're after a game in the vein of Total Annihilation you're better off grabbing Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance.

That said, things might have improved in the six months since I played it last. Apparently they finally added in the ability to save a single player game, which is nice.

Or just buy Total Annihilation on Good Old Games.

Reminds me: Why is there some titles only on Steam and not GoG and vice-versa?

Salsa

nabs get me a hold of john woo

Face/Off 2

hear me out

Castor Troy went down as a legend in the underground crime world

nick cassavettes survived the bullet wound and is in possesion of nic cage's body

he gets a hold of that private company's face tech. he works with someone inside who wants money on the side

he offers through his sleazy underground channels an opportunity to wear the actual Castor Troy's face

villains and ex-cons from Erewhon prison love the legend of Castor Troy so much, one of them (new top actor dude) takes up Cassavettes offer when he's released from Erewhon, after hearing about the crazy outbreak and becoming fascinated with Troy

he gets Troy's face. BOOM nic cage is on the film

twist: Castor Troy was working with Cassavettes the whole time and was actually ALIVE, now he has NEW TOP ACTOR FACE and is free and un-wanted once more

twist2: he ends up wanting his face back and gets a cloned model of it. resulting in final fight being Cage vs Cage

John Travolta is an alcoholic failure now cause he couldnt save his marriage.

He realizes Nic Cage wearing his face did a better job as a father and husband than he ever did. Joan Allen leaves him, his daughter dies of a drug overdose, and he's alone. new kid with his mom

he's crazy and his house is a mess full of broken mirrors, pics of cage, booze bottles on the ground, cliched hit bottom guy stuff

he gets called by the bureau to help out with this "there's some guy wearing castor troy's face" since he knows a lot about him. he's the only one

but, nobody knows he's crazy. he keeps it cool

cause ultimately, he ends up getting his hands on another copy of Nic Cage's face. He's obssesed with him and how during the plot of the first movie he was a better man than he could ever be. He's in love with him, he wants to be him

he puts the face on (Face/On?), with the intention of killing the other 2 Cages and be the man he always wanted to be, the man he still has inside of him.

Cage vs Cage vs unexpected third Cage

edit:

movie is now called Cage/Off

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-9DF6338468430595 - Taken by Loptous
Spark Rising -- MB-A4BA205DF7611148 - Taken by rainking187
t1cxE6r.gif
Of Orcs And Men -- MB-1472F17752F30960 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Survivalist -- MB-108526102FEBC9F4 - Taken by nightstorm

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There isn't a patch. They took it off.

Oddly enough the game is running terribly on all stages now so either a small patch happened before or the stuff that was downloading affected my version. I only had framerate issues on the stage with the rain and now everything has framerate issues.

Maybe there was a smaller patch or something I missed out that fucked up my settings. I'll let the game collect cyber dust a bit and go to playing other games that are more optimized. -_-

Momentary

Banned
Oddly enough the game is running terribly on all stages now so either a small patch happened before or the stuff that was downloading affected my version. I only had framerate issues on the stage with the rain and now everything has framerate issues.

Maybe there was a smaller patch or something I missed out that fucked up my settings. I'll let the game collect cyber dust a bit and go to playing other games that are more optimized. -_-

Well at least theirs SFV, Yatagarasu, and hopefully Tekken 7 on the horizon.

I was perusing the sale page on steam just to see if there's anything good and Marc Ecko's Getting Up is $1.50

I HAD TO DO IT. I loved that game as a kid. The soundtrack is so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom