• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

played a bit of Super Motherload

it's pretty good. Basically multiplayer Steamworld Dig.

if you liked that; it's really very similar, down to the potentially addictive nature

also saoirse ronan is in it

5-620x.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are they still banning people who modded the game?

There's a lack of clarify over whether or not all mods are bannable or just non-cosmetic ones. Some seem to consider the FoV mod to fall into the latter category, but I'd argue that it gives users something of an unfair advantage since, well, they can have a wider field of view.

Has it actually been ascertained that the EULA was modified to include that condition? This could very well be another "Tripwire says 'No!' to Steam's paid mods system!" situation.

yuraya

The game is basically like a multiplat titanfall with a bigger brand behind it. Not much singleplayer stuff so I don't think it will reach 10 million. At least not at full price. They will market it big time tho with the movie n all. But Nov is a big month for lots of other games. COD, AssCreed, probably Tomb Raider and possibly Fallout 4 as well. Plus there could be more games releasing that month.

Who knows tho. If the game is actually good and not broken at launch it could become very successful.

Salsa

lol why does Canabalt run all stuttery

c'mon

I still doubled BernardoOne's run upon merely trying the game so im alright

MUnited83

For you.
The game is basically like a multiplat titanfall with a bigger brand behind it. Not much singleplayer stuff so I don't think it will reach 10 million. At least not at full price. They will market it big time tho with the movie n all. But Nov is a big month for lots of other games. COD, AssCreed, probably Tomb Raider and possibly Fallout 4 as well. Plus there could be more games releasing that month.

Who knows tho. If the game is actually good and not broken at launch it could become very successful.
I'd say its more a Battlefield than a Titanfall. And Battlefield does more than 10 million. And nobody gives a shit about the single player on these games.

Lets just look at the following
- it will capture many of the Battlefield userbase (and they dont caré about single player)
- it has the most freaking huge IP in existence behind it
-coming when there's a new movie in the series and hype is though the roof
-Battlefront 2 fans are really thirsty for a Battlefront 3 and they dont care about single player as well(remember Battlefront 2 "campaign"?. Is such low effort shit that might as well dont exist. Resources are better spent in MP)

It will do more than 10 million quite easily. Unless EA releases it completely broken or something.

fantomena

Finally killed all the bosses in Bloodborne (on NG+++). What a game.

And for some reason, Bloodborne have made me being less interested in buying games (so the previous Steam games collecting is no more)

I see that as a good thing.

And for some reason, Bloodborne have made me being less interested in buying games (so the orevious Steam games collecting is no more)

Damn, I'm a little more than halfway through the game the first time. Not really enjoying
the Unseen Village due to those women with the sinister bells
. I'm kinda tempted to shelf it for a while and play something else.

JaseC

And for some reason, Bloodborne have made me being less interested in buying games (so the orevious Steam games collecting is no more)

Just as well I haven't played it for more than half an hour or so despite buying it on day one. ;)

fantomena

Damn, I'm a little more than halfway through the game the first time. Not really enjoying
the Unseen Village due to those women with the sinister bells
. I'm kinda tempted to shelf it for a while and play something else.

Yeah, I hated
the Unseen Village
, but also
the Forbidden Woods

Just as well I haven't played it for more than half an hour or so despite buying it on day one. ;)

Why? No time? No interest?

yuraya

I'd say its more a Battlefield than a Titanfall. And Battlefield does more than 10 million. And nobody gives a shit about the single player on these games.

Lets just look at the following
- it will capture many of the Battlefield userbase (and they dont caré about single player)
- it has the most freaking huge IP in existence behind it
-coming when there's a new movie in the series and hype is though the roof
-Battlefront 2 fans are really thirsty for a Battlefront 3 and they dont care about single player as well(remember Battlefront 2 "campaign"?. Is such low effort shit that might as well dont exist. Resources are better spent in MP)

It will do more than 10 million quite easily. Unless EA releases it completely broken or something.

I don't know. I still think its a bit much. COD and new Halo release right b4 Battlefront. And COD always wins november when it comes to sales. I don't see Xbox owners dropping Halo 5 to play Battlefront. Both Halo + COD usually have long legs. Nov is just a very competitive month. Last year Inquisition didn't even chart in the npd because of how stacked that month is with so many heavy hitters. You never know what could happen at E3 as well. Publishers will want to push games for that shopping season and Nov could become very crazy. We will see what happens.

Mikaju

Bundlestars Stalker activated for me even though I already owned it. It activated:

STALKER Call of Pripyat Retail

Version I bought few years ago was named:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Steam Store

Only one entry on my library though, I wonder if it counts as +1.

Turfster

Too bad the sale is over, its back to 7.49 on Humble. I was thinking about it, and then the price changed.

Wait, what?
Oh, it was a mistake, it was supposed to be 22%, not 72%.
That makes sense, it was a really deep discount for a game that was barely out a month and a bit.

SSPssp

Wait, what?
Oh, it was a mistake, it was supposed to be 22%, not 72%.
That makes sense, it was a really deep discount for a game that was barely out a month and a bit.

Oh man I thought it was a flash sale or something. Well that makes sense and now I really regret not pulling the trigger. Hope its not in the top tier of the eventual bundle.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Vlad, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vlad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition -- MB-C379D8F039B0517A - Taken by Naked Snake. 7 entrants total.
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-F9F9BE9537CD767A - Taken by someguyinahat. 10 entrants total.

t1430869516z1.png

JaseC

Why? No time? No interest?

It hasn't caught my interest to the degree that I thought it would, but mostly the former.

Bundlestars Stalker activated for me even though I already owned it. It activated:

STALKER Call of Pripyat Retail

Version I bought few years ago was named:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Steam Store

Only one entry on my library though, I wonder if it counts as +1.

+1

Always a heartbreak when bad stuff happens to friends irl. Stay strong bud.
Can't you mod the game in offline mode?
I'm also not sure about this. I read about SP mods leading to bans which is plain stupid. If I go into online-mode then yeah, some mods give unfair advantages but SP? Let me play for God's Sake.
nabs get me a hold of john woo
Face Off was great. But so are many Hong-Kong action flicks.
Nick Cage made the film. He so made it.
Jon Woo is alright but Mission Impossible 2 was a huge suckfest.
It's gonna become a juggernaut out of the gate with Disney's co-marketing.

Hopefully inevitable sequels will have single-player. That 1313 thingy looked cool.
-
Oh yeah. Thanks Expert for the bundlestars split. Fine deal we made there. Even if I was convinced for a split second you'd be using the money on drugs... again.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Backlogger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-1A0FDD6A3782D26D - Taken by BernardoOne. 12 entrants total.

t1430871556z1.png

Sorry, veggie, my internet went to sleep before I did. But thanks for your advice!
No problem weeaboo. :p

Forgot to add. Maybe take a look at your PSU for the necessary power connectors. Reference 970 needs 6+6 pins while MSI needs 8+6. I think EVGA even needs 8+8.
Shouldn't be a problem tbh but better check it out while you open the case for length measurement.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Welp

VpFYilV.png

Good to hear. I wish Valve had a similar stance.

DmAc2k6

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-9BE89544B219EE0B - Taken by r3n4ud. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-C4FAC0D7FECD7948 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Super Motherload -- MB-0451603C202C12CB - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-C84D08525E97ECE2 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.

t1430870657z1.png

derExperte

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433918461#announcements/detail/231151632191178599

Steam Client Beta Update - May 5
6 MAY - PIERRE-LOUP

General
Fixed skipping content during game backup in some cases (eg. for FSX)
Fixed a bug which caused steamwebhelper.exe to spike to 100% CPU usage and stop rendering pages
Changed the "Verify Integrity" progress box to permit access to the rest of the Steam client

Big Picture
Fixed advanced In-Home Streaming options not displaying properly
Fixed manual network configuration panel
Fixed regression where screenshots were missing from library game page backgrounds
Fixed regression where store screenshots and trailers were not being displayed fullscreen
Fixed regression where game name, clock, and hint text were missing from the overlay

Many thanks for the bolded .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom