• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Here are a few games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-CE0423FC13C51CA6 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-12D080EC6AB72498 - Taken by fspm. 9 entrants total.
Spark Rising -- MB-1E59E8CA46923E91 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-94174BE860BFBC25 - Taken by SalsaShark. 6 entrants total.
Pretentious Game -- MB-D0BB0C79176E3206 - Taken by Mavromatis. 2 entrants total.

t1430858956z1.png

Kagemusha

Or just buy Total Annihilation on Good Old Games.

Reminds me: Why is there some titles only on Steam and not GoG and vice-versa?

GOG probably signed contracts for exclusive rights to sell some games. Such as the first Worms, Pandemonium, Rayman, and the recent General games.

GOG is the only place where you can buy the DOS versions of King's Quest games. The King's Quest collection that is on Steam is a broken mess that won't play on modern computers and is published by Activision.

Recent stuff like Cinemaware and 3D Realms packages aren't releasing on GOG even though the developers have released individual games on GOG.

GOG is a very small community, and some developers think it is an important market, others don't care and figure most people will buy from Steam. GOG has also declined to sell some games, such as Cook, Serve, Delicious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Officially Valve hasn't talked about a new games since 2011, so the leaks might as well not exist, besides L4D is an MP franchise, so it doesn't even count lol

I still have my fingers and toes crossed that there's some sort of SP campaign -- something story-driven, that is, as opposed to the stitched-together single levels of L4D and L4D2.

GOG probably signed contracts for exclusive rights to sell some games. Such as the first Worms, Pandemonium, Rayman, and the recent General games.

CDPR does require exclusivity when publishers can't be bothered doing the work themselves, but it's temporary. Squeenix is a good example as most if not all of its GOG games hit Steam around six months after their debut. Ubi's one of the bigger hold-outs when it comes to GOG -> Steam releases, but Rayman 2 is actually on Steam... as a pre-purchase incentive for Rayman Origins.

Megauap

Radioactivity everywhere...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Megauap:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-F79CD43967AE777B - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 4 entrants total.

t1430859376z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Or just buy Total Annihilation on Good Old Games.

Reminds me: Why is there some titles only on Steam and not GoG and vice-versa?
Steam only titles: They know Steam is where 99% off people get their games in and they dont care enough about the remaining 1%

GoG only: the exclusivity is bought by GoG, with different deals depending on the game . Many allow for GoG exclusivity because GoG are the ones that will work on a patch to make the game drm-free and working moderna systems.(when they dont steal patches and cracks from other people that is)

Miguel81

Mirrors Edge Q1 2016. Yes, Yes, Yeeeees

http://abload.de/img/eadvuy4.png[IMG]

[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041253[/url][/QUOTE]

Looking forward to that new ME(it's been a long time now). Shame PC players still getting no Madden and NHL love.

Vlad

Stuff!

EDIT: Don't know why Strife is showing as an Origin key. Bundlestars lists it as Steam.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vlad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition -- MB-C379D8F039B0517A - Taken by Naked Snake. 7 entrants total.
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-F9F9BE9537CD767A - Taken by someguyinahat. 10 entrants total.

t1430869516z1.png

There's something hilarious about the fact the Of Orcs and Men is in a $5 bundle when it never reached $5 on Steam.

Seriously. I've been waiting for it for what seems like forever. Now, to get Styx in a bundle.

Speaking of never hitting a 5 spot... has Planetary Annihilation ever hit that? I know it hit $80 at one point, but $5?

Dsyndrome

This workday needs to end so I can get Cinco de Mayo Mexican food and cervezas white-boy style and push to finish Wolf 2009 before traveling for a week and a half.

AHA-Lambda

Really noob question (quite new to particulars of pc gaming tbh) but I'm trying to update my Nvidia drivers.

Do I remove the old before installing the new or vice versa?
There's also like 7 different Nvidia entries in my program list, do they all have to go?

I still have my fingers and toes crossed that there's some sort of SP campaign -- something story-driven, that is, as opposed to the stitched-together single levels of L4D and L4D2.

If it's supposed to come out this year, when do you think they can announce it at the latest? June?

JaseC

Really noob question (quite new to particulars of pc gaming tbh) but I'm trying to update my Nvidia drivers.

There's also like 7 different Nvidia entries in my program list, do they all have to go?

These days the chances of something going wrong are exceedingly slim, but I always uninstall the old drivers first, anyway. "Old habits die hard" and all that.

Barbarian

Merchants of Kaidan apparently is, I haven't played it yet. While I have played Letter Quest (maybe too much even) and it is really nice.

I'll second Letter Quest. The game is great if you're into this type of game (boggle RPG hybrid like Bookworm Adventures).

I tend to be lazy sometimes and update through GF exp. maybe every other update ill uninstall and wipe drivers and do a real clean install

JaseC

If it's supposed to come out this year, when do you think they can announce it at the latest? June?

Yeah I'd say mid-year. Gabe said many moons ago that, ideally, Valve wants to avoid announcing games until they're <6 months out, and (fast-forwarding to Valve's most recent game) at the time CS:GO was announced (August 2011) it was scheduled for release in "early 2012".

Backlogger

Every time I get a STALKER key in a bundle I think to myself: These games look cool, I am going to play through them soon. And then I never do.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-1A0FDD6A3782D26D - Taken by BernardoOne. 12 entrants total.

t1430871556z1.png

Copons

These days the chances of something going wrong are exceedingly slim, but I always uninstall the old drivers first, anyway. "Old habits die hard" and all that.

I assumed fresh installing would wipe my customizations, like DSR resolutions or stuff I enforce on some games. Isn't that the case?

Sch1sm

Has anyone here actually played Escape Dead Island? How bad is it really?

Depends. Are you just playing it to survive the zombies or are you looking for more? Like a story that makes sense and all that?

Cliff goes nuts and the entire island becomes a reflection of his poor mental state but all the enemies remain the same.
It's just a slow paced deal that turns into a meat grinder horde where you hope to figure out how things tie together. The zombies aren't all that threatening, because even though they can kill you a lot easier than you can them at the beginning, they're poorly set up movements.

I played it on console, so the controls will be different, but it was pretty much just...two buttons. No real upgrade system for weapons in sight. Meh.

MUnited83

For you.
Welp, seems I will have to download a pirate version of GTA V for modding and use my legit version for online play. Jesus christ rockstar, go fuck yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom