• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
EGG incoming ;)

Bobby-Throws-Egg-in-Wind-in-Face-King-of-the-Hill.gif

In all seriousness, I'm extremely interested in how GOG Galaxy is going to tackle playtime tracking and whether or not they decide to integrate it with their social system or not. On one hand Steam does really well for this, but doesn't track game time for non-Steam games. On the other extreme opposite, sites like Raptr track absolutely everything but lack any sort of understandable cohesion when it comes to unifying that data in a meaningful way.

Just spitballing stuff here, but using GOG's infrastructure it may be possible to make a hybrid GOG / Steam client (you'd still need the actual Steam client, sadly) but it could unify all of your GOG and Steam games into a single place. GOG would still track your game time (presumably, depending on how it's set up) regardless of where the game is launching from.

Nabs

Fine, fine. I'll go finish Mafia II. I put like 10 hours in the demo but the game never really grabbed me. I guess I didn't really care for the mission structure.

Child of Light sure is pretty
boring
oh really? i had the demo on my vita but never even bothered playing it. didnt care enough to actually boot it up and shit. whats boring about it, gameplay or story? or even worse, both?
I just finished Mafia II and THAT GODDAMN ENDING. Mafia III better be coming out soon
I bought that game on Onlive for like 2 bucks or something but never got around to finishing it(gaming laptop broke down & our internet provider changed so i had shit internet and couldn't play it well on our old house computer). I really enjoyed it, i wanna get it on steam and replay it, i was really digging the story from what I remember.

Salsa

oh really? i had the demo on my vita but never even bothered playing it. didnt care enough to actually boot it up and shit. whats boring about it, gameplay or story? or even worse, both?

so far it's just incredibly slow and moving the little guy with the right stick feels off and annoying

maybe im not in the mood at this moment but the pace + needlessly confusing forced rhyme dialogue really bummed me out

megaton

so far it's just incredibly slow and moving the little guy with the right stick feels off and annoying

maybe im not in the mood at this moment but the pace + needlessly confusing forced rhyme dialogue really bummed me out

I thought it's a girl?
But yeah, it looks boring indeed. Beautiful art though.

Jawmuncher

Fine, fine. I'll go finish Mafia II. I put like 10 hours in the demo but the game never really grabbed me. I guess I didn't really care for the mission structure.

You definitely want to play it like it's a linear game, which it really is. You don't get anything out of the open world really.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

For me, Mafia 2 is an incredibly compotent game where all the major gameplay components are simply spot-on, yet it never rises above its base parts and becomes something more.

Probably doesn't help that I can't stand Italian gang shit.

I just can't relate to them.

Eila

Took the bait on Grim Fandango Remastered 33% off. I don't like what Double Fine do as of late, but I look forward to finally playing one of the adventure masterpieces.

Salsa

I love GMG's "staff picks"

EikrUTN.jpg

yeah, GMG operations guy; Im sure you really like that terrible looking highschool date sim and "chose" it over other stuff and it's totally not the only cheap thing you could put on sale atm

hey staff can you pick wolfenstein the new order

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spud! -- MB-38041DBCE6827B87 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 2 entrants total.

t1430872877z1.png

adventure game

take it for the +1

No problem weeaboo. :p

Forgot to add. Maybe take a look at your PSU for the necessary power connectors. Reference 970 needs 6+6 pins while MSI needs 8+6. I think EVGA even needs 8+8.
Shouldn't be a problem tbh but better check it out while you open the case for length measurement.

I just scooped an EVGA. It takes an 8/6 or a 6+2/6.

The connectors are on the side, so while it's a really long piece (like, 2 or so inches bigger than my 560ti) there's still room for it in my full size case without much finagling at all.

And I suck at cord management since I always hit this point where it's mostly good and I let out an audible "fuck it."

I love GMG's "staff picks"

EikrUTN.jpg

yeah, GMG operations guy; Im sure you really like that terrible looking highschool date sim and "chose" it over other stuff and it's totally not the only cheap thing you could put on sale atm

hey staff can you pick wolfenstein the new order

Skullgirls is a great dating sim, though.

I played and finished Broken Age over the past couple of days. I backed the Kickstarter but decided to wait until the game was completed before starting it. I hate to say it but all the complaints about the puzzles from Act 2 seem valid to me.

Double Fine did deliver the promised old school adventure game. The thing is... those old adventure games are remembered fondly for their writing, characters and humor. Not for their mechanics. Nostalgia lets us gloss over all the terrible and illogical puzzles we used to put up with back in the day. Broken Age just serves as a reminder of how bad things used to be.

I've watched Double Fine put their everything into this game during the last three years. The created a game full of charm, wit and with amazing production values. But when the credits rolled the only emotion it invoked in me was irritation and annoyance at the puzzles near the end. What a shame.

rtcn63

I'm not sure if it's a spoiler, and I don't want to post it because then someone will confirm if it is or it isn't. Even then, it's not that big of deal in the long run (I think). I don't really watch comic book films for the plot.

rtcn63

Oh, and the last superhero films I saw were
Man of Steel and Thor 2, both of which were incredibly disappointing. I seriously drifted off near the ends. So... I'm just waiting to be in the mood for both movies AND superheroes.

toddhunter never forget

nsblnZ9.png

LMFAOOO I'm reading it and im like wtf, why did he give it a thumbs down. the reason is hilarious. I'd like to that art direction doesn't effect my purchasing decisions but I'd be a liar. Normally i don't care but I have either bought or avoided a game solely on its art direction. for example, i flat out refuse to by Yoshi's New Story. the art for that game is the ugliest shit nintendo has ever done(that i can recall). like who the hell approved of that shit? I see what they were going for but why did no one come in and say "guys... this isn't working out"? A game that I have purchased cause I enjoyed its art so much Alice Madness Returns(also helps that I enjoyed the concept of a dark take on Alice in Wonderland)

Oh, and the last superhero films I saw were
Man of Steel and Thor 2, both of which were incredibly disappointing. I seriously drifted off near the ends. So... I'm just waiting to be in the mood for both movies AND superheroes.
well in the defense of super hero movies, both those movies(plus the first thor) are complete ass. Thor is without a doubt the worst hero in the MCU. I swear, I don't understand how that movie is getting ANOTHER sequel. Also its one of the worst examples on how they try to shoe horn a love interest into the movie. they tried way to hard to make that girl relevant to the plot and it simply doesn't work. cut that shit out, plus how you gonna tell me Thor is a God but the dude is weak as shit, Hulk and Iron Man(a god damn human in a machine) can fuck him up, like bruh. I bet my man the Cap'n(the best hero in the MCU imo, also has the best movies too) can fuck him up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom