• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Skullgirls is great

the waifu shit bothers me in other games but kinda doesnt there and it's just cartoony

and either way I can overlook it for a fighting game that out-marvelsvscapcoms marvel vs capcom

Kiru

YES
horse.gif
Nice. I noticed this bug too!

Skullgirls is great

the waifu shit bothers me in other games but kinda doesnt there

and either way I can overlook it for a fighting game that out-marvelsvscapcoms marvel vs capcom

I wish we would get a MvC4. its the only "traditional" fighter i enjoy cause all the flashy combos, pretty graphics/sprites and characters that I like are in(like spidey and shit).

also i didn't know SkullGirls was a waifu game. I bet Chariot has it then :p if he doesn't I know what someone is getting for their birthday~~

How can you guys not like this art?

oh yea chariot definitely has that game, no way he doesn't. I'll be legit surprised if he doesnt

also, put me in the category that doesn't like the art style. it doesn't bother me too much like the yoshi 3ds game so if i was interested in it i'd buy it but yea, dont like it.

Salsa

also i didn't know SkullGirls was a waifu game.

I mean it aint in the traditional sense but the characters are like hyper sexualized saturday morning cartoons

it kinda rides the line of being just plain goofy about it instead of trying to be a "sexy" game but some people are certainly into it

tumblr_inline_mk0v0tYAS71qz4rgp.gif

I mean it aint in the traditional sense but the characters are like hyper sexualized saturday morning cartoons

it kinda rides the line of being just plain goofy about it instead of trying to be a "sexy" game but some people are certainly into it
ooh okay. well I'm not surpised people are into it. people get into the weirdest things sometimes, just look at sonic.
Not my thing. Pretty uneasy on the eyes. Like a cheap webcomic.

But I get that it is nice for other peeps. More power to you
r ugly eyes
now that you mention yea, thats what it reminds me of, it looks like its straight from a webcomic

Jawmuncher

oh yea chariot definitely has that game, no way he doesn't. I'll be legit surprised if he doesnt

also, put me in the category that doesn't like the art style. it doesn't bother me too much like the yoshi 3ds game so if i was interested in it i'd buy it but yea, dont like it.

Not my thing. Pretty uneasy on the eyes. Like a cheap webcomic.

But I get that it is nice for other peeps. More power to you
r ugly eyes

Because we have taste.
kermit1.gif

You all are missing out. This stuff taste's great and treats my eyes well.

Salsa

I actually like the character designs beyond the JIGGLY SHIT EVERYWHERE

they're pretty original and some homages to good stuff

don't get the art style hate. Peacock is the best

tumblr_n6muyxT9AU1rems4xo4_1280.gif

game doesnt have many frames of animation but it's clearly going for a marvel vs capcom 2 thing, which had even less

tumblr_inline_mk0vjwYGRy1qz4rgp.gif
giphy.gif
1365992726746.gif

Dayuuum

CryENB is so much better looking than iCEnhancer.

Here a sweet short video. Love the DoF, Blur and colors.

Straight up eyecandy

Have too many mods and something causes the game to crash constantly after about 5mins :/ Gonna have to clean up tomorrow.
my lord, is this really GTA3? it looks nothing like it
I actually like the character designs beyond the JIGGLY SHIT EVERYWHERE

they're pretty original and some homages to good stuff

don't get the art style hate. Peacock is the best

tumblr_n6muyxT9AU1rems4xo4_1280.gif

game doesnt have many frames of animation but it's clearly going for a marvel vs capcom 2 thing, which had even less

I've played the game on ps3 back when i got in on ps+(only played like 40 minutes or something since im not into fighters, shit be feeling like a 2nd job) and yea, she is my favorite character in the game. always love designs that are homage to old cartoons which is why im super excited for Cup Heads(which is another game that I want only cause of its art direction)

Dsyndrome

Spare.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat -- MB-344E2DFAE6F570FB - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.

t1430878038z1.png

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Top 3 Marvel film for sure.
That doesn't exactly sell it well. Many people say the first avengers flick was good; I feel like all the scenes were rushed and that the characters weren't given enough time to be interesting. It was like they decided that the movies they did for iron man and Thor supplied all the character development and they saw no need to make any scene any longer than the minimum amount of time to read the lines. Of course adding time to each scene so it would feel more natural might add like an hour to the film, which I guess might have factored into production. Makes me glad that games generally aren't forced to be below/above a certain length (though some genres do have different norms).

Regarding SkullGirls' artstyle: I like the consistency between characters and movement animations/attack animations. As far as sexualization goes, I think Valentine's nurse outfit is the one that weirds me out. The artist goes by the name Kinuku if anyone is interested. She has drawn some pretty strange things.

Of course adding the to each scene so it would feel more natural might add like an hour to the film, which I guess might have factored into production.

Makes me wonder why they didn't go the Lord of the Rings route and make an extended version DVD with half an hour to an hour of extra footage.

Turfster

Holy crap Ubi the AC3 landscape is fucking ass to traverse, and you only have like one fast travel point per zone?
Are you shitting me.

Are steam and gog version game and DLCs integrated?
For example, if I have the steam version base game of the Witcher 3, can I install the gog season pass to the game? Will Steam detect that my Witcher 3 has a season pass?

MUnited83

For you.
Are steam and gog version game and DLCs integrated?
For example, if I have the steam version base game of the Witcher 3, can I install the gog season pass to the game? Will Steam detect that my Witcher 3 has a season pass?

Steam won't detect nothing. But you can theoretically copy and paste the season pass contents to the steam witcher 3 folder and should work.

Holy crap Ubi the AC3 landscape is fucking ass to traverse, and you only have like one fast travel point per zone?
Are you shitting me.

The fast travel system is junk even when it works. Most of the time there were no fast travel options and it wouldn't let me zoom into the two major cities.

Visit all the stores in the wilderness and the boring-ass underground stuff in Boston/New York to open more options. Then reload your game to make them work!

Steam won't detect nothing. But you can theoretically copy and paste the season pass contents to the steam witcher 3 folder and should work.

The thing is, it doesn't work with Skyrim high-res DLC.
I've already downloaded the DLC on my laptop, but when I copied it to my PC, steam is still downloading the DLC everytime I run Skyrim. The DLC is already there and I can use it, but Steam is still downloading it.

MUnited83

For you.
The thing is, it doesn't work with Skyrim high-res DLC.
I've already downloaded the DLC on my laptop, but when I copied it to my PC, steam is still downloading the DLC everytime I run Skyrim. The DLC is already there and I can use it, but Steam is still downloading it.

Are you sure you copy pasted that correctly? It should find the files alone using the verify integrity thingy.

Steam weirdness wouldn't happen anyways as you would be using drm-free files. Steam won't even know they are there in the first place. Ether both versions are compatible remains to be seen but if the GOG build and Steam build is the same you won't have any issues copy pasting the season pass.

Turfster

The fast travel system is junk even when it works. Most of the time there were no fast travel options and it wouldn't let me zoom into the two major cities.

Visit all the stores in the wilderness and the boring-ass underground stuff in Boston/New York to open more options. Then reload your game to make them work!

This is not fucking rocket science, people.
How can you fuck this up so badly?

LOLOLOLOL
I wandered near a Templar fortress and now everyone inside is trying to shoot me through the closed doors and wooden walls, running into them trying to get to me.
A+++, would AI again.

I also like the fact that I kill animals with my assassin wrist daggers, even though I haven't gotten them yet

Are you sure you copy pasted that correctly? It should find the files alone using the verify integrity thingy.

Steam weirdness wouldn't happen anyways as you would be using drm-free files. Steam won't even know they are there in the first place. Ether both versions are compatible remains to be seen but if the GOG build and Steam build is the same you won't have any issues copy pasting the season pass.

Yeah, I think I missed a file or so. I only copied the main files (6 of them), but perhaps there are verify file(s) that I missed.

So, I'll be able to play the gog season pass on Steam, but steam won't recognize that I own the season pass (on my library/game store page) because I didn't buy it on Steam. Ok, I think I got it. Thanks.

Hell of a bundlestars bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Of Orcs And Men -- MB-05D88D16060F9F17 - Taken by redlacs. 16 entrants total.
Survivalist -- MB-32B8CA2267100599 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.

t1430891297z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
LOLOLOLOL
I wandered near a Templar fortress and now everyone inside is trying to shoot me through the closed doors and wooden walls, running into them trying to get to me.
A+++, would AI again.

If you had liberated those fortresses as kid Connor (and maybe Haytham) they still would have raised the old American flag. Even though, you know, the flag wasn't designed by then.

The devs at Ubi didn't really think a lot of the elements in III completely through. Or maybe they did and didn't care, either way works.

I'm still kid Connor, I think?

Then it's time to go liberate some forts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom