• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarian

Here are some games from the Killer Bundle. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Barbarian:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Barbarian, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-9A73BC95F7E9621A - Taken by dot. 12 entrants total.
It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-820D233E54ADB01C - Taken by Tesseract. 5 entrants total.
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey -- MB-9FD759F5C64972B8 - Taken by Haunted. 6 entrants total.

t1430894417z1.png

Teeth

my lord, is this really GTA3? it looks nothing like it

I've played the game on ps3 back when i got in on ps+(only played like 40 minutes or something since im not into fighters, shit be feeling like a 2nd job) and yea, she is my favorite character in the game. always love designs that are homage to old cartoons which is why im super excited for Cup Heads(which is another game that I want only cause of its art direction)

Nah, you want Cuphead because it's going to be fucking awesome
;)

Momentary

Banned
Good to see all this Skullgirls talk.

Looks like the only other fighting game that's being released this year on Steam is Yatagarasu. I never thought that it would be the most promising out of the lineup that we had this year.

Is it fair to say Project Cars won't be coming to Nuuvem at this point?

Well.. It is 38 bucks on GMG, so it's not that bad. That's actually a pretty good price compared to what console players are having to pay. I know it's not like that $28 Batman deal.

Turfster

Getting my ship in AC3.
What are the chances it'll be shitter than the AC4 ship.

Edit: Scratch that, I'm doing accounting now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I forget if I asked but: Anyone have that Mass Effect 1/2 save file creator so I can skip redoing Mass Effect 1-2 coming from consoles?

Momentary

Banned
Concering the Patch for MKX:

You gotta love steam forums
http://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/discussions/0/620712999965105185/
HVS chairman explains the situation in an interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWPiWd_jhfM

http://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/discussions/0/620712364045829845/
Meanwhile @ High Voltage Software....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3tuL_DVsE

I almost died of a heart attack due to laughing so hard.

That first video man. I had to cover my mouth to not wake up the neighbors. It probably would have killed me if I didn't speak Spanish.

Haunted

I actually like the character designs beyond the JIGGLY SHIT EVERYWHERE

they're pretty original and some homages to good stuff

don't get the art style hate. Peacock is the best

tumblr_n6muyxT9AU1rems4xo4_1280.gif

game doesnt have many frames of animation but it's clearly going for a marvel vs capcom 2 thing, which had even less

tumblr_inline_mk0vjwYGRy1qz4rgp.gif
giphy.gif
1365992726746.gif
Peacock's animation where she stuffs the opponent into a sack and stomps her is one of the best animations I've seen in a 2D fighting game.

Peacock in general is a marvellous design and a real triumph of animation. So much personality.

oalvero_peacock_taunt_by_majiomni-d6gdl0q.gif

Teggy

Final Fantasy 1 is an incredible slog. This is the game that saved Square?

Maybe the original NES game was less annoying with the random encounters.

TheSeks

Ah, nevermind it's on that site. Just had to Google since it isn't easily linked.

LMAO No. If anything it was a more tedious slog since it incorporated a D&D-like "use a spell once and then have to go to an inn to recharge" system. The GBA and later ports fixed that.

If you think FF1 is bad (which it isn't, just old), lord help you if you do FF2 which is EASILY the worst FF out there. Close second would be FF3.

My favorite Peacock animation/move visual. Would love to spend more time with Skullgirls as I'm in love with the art but at the end of the day I'm still terrible at fighting games. Find it really difficult to memorize move strings and then execute them as well.

DocSeuss

I'm thinking of taking a week off GAF/Twitter/reddit/everythingthatisn'tsteam.

Possibly more. Not sure. Got about 150 pages of writing to complete by next Friday.

It's a remarkable game, especially for its time. It defined epic, globe-spanning travels, perilous battles, and mysterious dungeons for years to come. Best of all, it was done with a party entirely of your own design. Plus, the manuals it came with did a lot to really sell the game; one monster reference chart, one dungeon map, one spell/item/ability list, and a world map complete with a quest log. It's an incredibly well-realised game, very clearly Square's final fantasy.

Final Fantasy 1 is a timeless classic, and it's a shame that you cannot see it.

Possibly more. Not sure. Got about 150 pages of writing to complete by next Friday.

DocSeuss whats up.

pls respond

TheSeks

Do it. Put a block on your DNS as well to where it can't connect to anything on the internet and put your phone in a bowl of water just to be safe.

Do what you gotta do, man. And hey, if you need a proofreader, don't hesitate to ask. Shadownet can give you a testimonial. :)

I have summer classes starting in a week, actually pretty excited. Had to quit school to work full time for a year(60-70 hour weeks until last month when I got laid off) to save money so I could finish school and pay for living when I transfer to a four year program.

I've switched from a nursing major to physics/engineering(not sure which yet) so I still have a semester to finish but then it's finally onto a real university! Nursing has ended up biting me in the ass though, it has specific medical versions of some classes that don't count. Tsk tsk tsk!

Hopefully I'll be able to build the best rocket in Kerbal Space Program in a year or so :p

ExoSoul

Banned
My favorite Peacock animation/move visual. Would love to spend more time with Skullgirls as I'm in love with the art but at the end of the day I'm still terrible at fighting games. Find it really difficult to memorize move strings and then execute them as well.

Can I join you in the "I love everything about Skullgirls but I suck at fighting games" train? I'm not even bad, I'm terrible.
I secretly wish for Skullgirls to be the game that opens up a new genre for me but it doesn't look like that'll be a thing....
Plus, no sparring buddie

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just pushed out a small update to Idle Master. Nothing in the way of functionality (yet), but a change in the server-side installation:

aLBoD6V.png

Rather than using a self-signed certificate, updates will now be published with a trusted 3rd party code signing certificate. (Notice the "Publisher: Open Source Developer Jason Shackles") And again in the installation screen as seen here:

ufqMI99.png

This should completely eliminate issues with false positives on some anti-virus programs, as well as remove a lot of "red flags" in programs like Windows SmartScreen, Windows Defender, and Windows Security Essentials.

So be sure to look for my name when installing Idle Master! Additionally, for the additional security this provides and to ensure that future updates are pushed out to you smoothly, I recommend anyone that currently has Idle Master installed to re-install the program from www.SteamIdleMaster.com (of course, this change won't affect the older or portable version of Idle Master as they do not "install" nor do they self-update).

I'm going to be working on a few application changes in the next few days, but I figured this would be a good place to start.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I generally don't like the overall concept of Peacock, not her animation.

Anyway any good stuff in Steam lately?

sprinkles

This is me as well. I really tried to get into Skullgirls because I love the animations and the quirkiness of the story. But I had not played any fighting games since SF2 Turbo in the 90s, so I was terrible at the game.

I'm a bigger fan of the style of combat WoW has, honestly

No guildies or friends playing. Quit after patch 6.0

Burning desire to take selfies?

I only started playing WoW with Draenor and this game is the least social gaming experience I've ever had, so many people start to play the game strictly through menus once they hit 15. I've experienced more of a community playing Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2 than I have World of Warcraft. The Old Republic was the first MMO I played and people used to bitch about the lack of a dungeon finder, now that I've experienced it, and seen how it changes the way people play the game not sure that i like it.

man

i'm so close to resubbing to wow

I started playing again a few months ago, stopped playing for a few months, and started playing a bit more now that I have this new PC. Nice to max every setting in there and get 100-120 fps! :D But yeah, no more real life friends who play it, nor anyone online. Kind of kills it.

Also, what's one of the most visually incredible games on PC to test out on this new rig? (other than GTA)

Teggy

It's a remarkable game, especially for its time. It defined epic, globe-spanning travels, perilous battles, and mysterious dungeons for years to come. Best of all, it was done with a party entirely of your own design. Plus, the manuals it came with did a lot to really sell the game; one monster reference chart, one dungeon map, one spell/item/ability list, and a world map complete with a quest log. It's an incredibly well-realised game, very clearly Square's final fantasy.

Final Fantasy 1 is a timeless classic, and it's a shame that you cannot see it.

But I am fighting monsters sometimes every step (not exaggerating, this happened about 10 steps in a row in one dungeon). It is exhausting, and as a result I am rolling over pretty much everything because I keep leveling up.

I know the versions from Gameboy Advance on were made easier, maybe that's part of the problem.

LuuKyK

Try 18.

Yeah, it's pretty huge.
I had to uninstall Tera to clean my HDD for GTA V back then.

Is that... Ragnarok? lol All those merchants, I remember that.

God, everytime I see screens of this game I am overtaken by nostalgia and feel an uncontrollable urge to install and play it again.

Tree of Savior needs to release already. >_>

Teggy

If you think FF1 is bad (which it isn't, just old), lord help you if you do FF2 which is EASILY the worst FF out there. Close second would be FF3.

LOL it is next on the list after Star Ocean 2. I already bought so I'm playing it. :). I'm trying to play all the FFs. 3 and 4 I plan on playing the DS versions.

TheSeks

LOL it is next on the list after Star Ocean 2. I already bought so I'm playing it. :). I'm trying to play all the FFs. 3 and 4 I plan on playing the DS versions.

Don't play FF4 as the DS version. Play it as the GBA version, which IIRC butchers the music but adds the same thing the DS version has just keeps the SNES graphics.

The only FF's I have yet to complete are:

FF9
which bores me to tears everytime I try to play it
FF10-2 (need to, but just put it off)
FF11 (which is an MMORPG with a monthly fee so fuck that)
FF13-2 (started, quit, need to go back I guess)
FF13-3 (hah, if I ever get around to this...)
FF14 (see: FF11)

FFIV on the DS has the thought bubbles for each character that change after every major event which are kind of cute. PSP version has the most content although it's a bit too easy.

Edit: Forgot that the mobile port of the DS version of FFIV was on the PC and I even played it for around 5 hours. Does anyone remember if the DS version also had 15 FPS battles?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Barbarian, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Barbarian, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-9A73BC95F7E9621A - Taken by dot. 12 entrants total.
It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-820D233E54ADB01C - Taken by Tesseract. 5 entrants total.
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey -- MB-9FD759F5C64972B8 - Taken by Haunted. 6 entrants total.

t1430894417z1.png

Dr Dogg

In all seriousness, I'm extremely interested in how GOG Galaxy is going to tackle playtime tracking and whether or not they decide to integrate it with their social system or not. On one hand Steam does really well for this, but doesn't track game time for non-Steam games. On the other extreme opposite, sites like Raptr track absolutely everything but lack any sort of understandable cohesion when it comes to unifying that data in a meaningful way.

Just spitballing stuff here, but using GOG's infrastructure it may be possible to make a hybrid GOG / Steam client (you'd still need the actual Steam client, sadly) but it could unify all of your GOG and Steam games into a single place. GOG would still track your game time (presumably, depending on how it's set up) regardless of where the game is launching from.

Well the loopy way Origin tracks playtime for installed games via Steam that it detects if they have an entry in your registry is that if you boot it up on Steam then only Steam gets the playtime added to it where as if you launch the game via Origin then it's tracked in both Origin and Steam but obviously each playtime counter in independent of one another so my previous 30 odd hours in ME2 on Steam only shows as an hour on Origin.

Nah, you want Cuphead because it's going to be fucking awesome
;)

I detect no bias in this post what so ever :p

But I am fighting monsters sometimes every step (not exaggerating, this happened about 10 steps in a row in one dungeon). It is exhausting, and as a result I am rolling over pretty much everything because I keep leveling up.

I know the versions from Gameboy Advance on were made easier, maybe that's part of the problem.

Yeah, the GBA one I played was boring. Very straightforward and easy to burn through, thoroughly lacking in the grand scale of the original.

The NES version of FF1 is far more clunky, but it's definitely the best way to play it. And seriously, the manuals and diagrams are great - they go a long way to selling the experience. It's something that can't really be replicated by streamlining, because the obtuseness is an integral part of the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom