• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Gaben land? Anyone?

Sweden
Volvo land

im losing my fucking mind at the idea of an actual Luigi's Mansion haunted house

I was gonna go to Disney maybe next year but now I wanna postpone it till this is done

This reminds me when I had this grand idea of going to Ghibli museum or park, or both, don't rememberer already, and it never occurred to me that you have to do reservations months in advance. OK, maybe not months, but a month at least, or more, I forgot.

Salsa

im losing my fucking mind at the idea of an actual Luigi's Mansion haunted house

I was gonna go to Disney maybe next year but now I wanna postpone it till this is done

I think I just heard the Amiibo thread scream in utter terror.

image.php

Is that... is that you from the game?
hot
:3

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
image.php

Is that... is that you from the game?
hot
:3

Yes <33 Just got the portrait in today and I couldn't hold back from using it. It is slightly cropped closer than the actual portrait, since fully resizing it to show the entire portrait hurts some of the finer details.

No pics of me yet?

Some will be kept under wraps until the game is out~ So far I think I've shown off 3 total - myself, Ningen and Stumpy, might be forgetting one. At the moment we have 15 characters with portraits done, with lots more work to be done on that front!

Milamber

Some will be kept under wraps until the game is out~ So far I think I've shown off 3 total - myself, Ningen and Stumpy, might be forgetting one. At the moment we have 15 characters with portraits done, with lots more work to be done on that front!
Awesome.

I just realized why Nintendo was withholding supply of the amiibos and discontinuing Platinum rewards. They're amassing toys and prizes for their theme park.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes <33 Just got the portrait in today and I couldn't hold back from using it. It is slightly cropped closer than the actual portrait, since fully resizing it to show the entire portrait hurts some of the finer details.

Am I on it?:3

Dr Dogg

Awesome.

I just realized why Nintendo was withholding supply of the amiibos and discontinuing Platinum rewards. They're amassing toys and prizes for their theme park.

That's as crazy as the Stromtroopers are shit shots because they're luring the Rebels into a false sense of security defence. Face it Nintendo are either incompetent or don't want to fuck off retailers with WiiU's clogging up their shelves, maybe both.

Arthea

That's as crazy as the Stromtroopers are shit shots because they're luring the Rebels into a false sense of security defence. Face it Nintendo are either incompetent or don't want to fuck off retailers with WiiU's clogging up their shelves, maybe both.

bbbbbut it's true!
I kid, I kid

I doubt Nintendo is incompetent, there must be some plot behind it.

Arthea

Do you know what would be funny? If on release Witcher 3 would be a game filled with bugs and glitches. I simply can't forget what that dude wrote on GAF sometime ago.
Plus GOG/DCPR adopted several practices that make it just another developer/publisher/store like as many others. Oh, that 2012 commercial is so far, far away.

but they are just another developer/publisher, as for GOG... we've seen changes coming for some time now, they wanted to expand, no longer sticking with old games only, of course they'd have to act like every other digital store, a pity really, but as I said if we let something pass and accept it, we can't expect it not to spread, it always does, first day one dlcs, then season passes, then incomplete complete editions, then regional locking and ridiculous prices. We let all that happen.

edited:
wow it's so amazing, I wonder when we can have 100+ players (not AI) battles in Civ games, in 22nd century perhaps?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I know the feeling, seeing yours makes me wanna use mine, but I'll try to hold until the game comes out and everybody uses theirs.

Gotta try and get people hyped up for it! :3

I wonder if Stump saw the screenshot with his portrait in it. I love it so.

Am I on it?:3

I don't want to talk cast lists just yet, but there will be a lot of names missing since I had to cut off speaking roles at some point for the sanity of my portrait artist. :c But, I am thinking about ways to do a little more. I don't want to say anything in case the ideas don't pan out, though!

Dr Dogg

bbbbbut it's true!
I kid, I kid

I doubt Nintendo is incompetent, there must be some plot behind it.

What if this wasn't just some devs having harmless fun but their shareholders meeting...

Don't mind me, I'm grouchy today because it's polling day. So I've been reading up on which candidates are going to make self centred decisions and ignore constituency matters the least and councillors who squander funds on vanity project less than the opposition.

Miguel81

but they are just another developer/publisher, as for GOG... we've seen changes coming for some time now, they wanted to expand, no longer sticking with old games only, of course they'd have to act like every other digital store, a pity really, but as I said if we let something pass and accept it, we can't expect it not to spread, it always does, first day one dlcs, then season passes, then incomplete complete editions, then regional locking and ridiculous prices. We let all that happen.

I wish they would stick to the old game mantra. They haven't even gotten the Laura Bow titles yet. Not looking forward to another client-based service, even though it is optional(atm) and DRM-free.

dex3108

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm only saying that GOG/CDPR painted themself like white knights of the industry, and in the end they did/are doing exactly the same thing many other developers do in the industry. This is backfiring them, the situation on GOG forums is not so happy too.
EDIT: I just saw there will be censorship for Witcher 3 in some countries too, just an additional info.

People forgot that CDPR shut down GOG for a day just for fun, sold DRM free games that are using cracked .exe (at least i heard that they did that), and introduced regional pricing and currencies few months ago after publishers pushed them (even though they are for same price for everyone) and after backslash they removed it.

Currently info we have indicate that both sides did good thing more-less but they need to clear few more things. I still don't have enough information to form final opinion. But if i look reasons behind their actions i can see and understand why GMG did what they did and i can't see reasonable explanation why CDPR denied keys to GMG.

Arthea

What game is that? It looks like a Paradox title.

That's actually Civ5, 44 player (AI only) campaign.

I wish they would stick to the old game mantra. They haven't even gotten the Laura Bow titles yet. Not looking forward to another client-based service, even though it is optional(atm) and DRM-free.

Ya, I liked Good Old Games more than gog, for sure.

edited: otoh, if they'll push for cheevos in old games with Galaxy, I might change my mind!

What if this wasn't just some devs having harmless fun but their shareholders meeting...

Don't mind me, I'm grouchy today because it's polling day. So I've been reading up on which candidates are going to make self centred decisions and ignore constituency matters the least and councillors who squander funds on vanity project less than the opposition.

Thats an amazing gif, what's the story behind this one?

Dr Dogg

Even rockstar is selling games with crack even now.

They're selling games with crack? Like crack cocaine? That could be a PR stunt gone horribly wrong. Saying that there was an article on Eurogamer a while back of a parent finding a bag of coke in a used game bought from Gamestation.

Thats an amazing gif, what's the story behind this one?

Don't know but it surfaced about the time of Nintendo's E3 and Splatoon's announcement last year.

So Firaxis added this GO BEYOND EARTH button to the post-game recap screen for Civ V.

I was kind of stoked at first, I thought maybe they added some sort of end-game save file transfer from Civ V to Beyond Earth. So many Paradox grand strategy games have this feature. Instead it just activates the Steam overlay and takes you to the store page for Beyond Earth. Lame. I had just won a science victory too. Well, the science victory happened before the domination victory did. I've never had so many Giant Death Robots and Xcom units before. Goddamn late-game warmongering is fun in Civ V: BNW.

Since the factions are kinda generic in Civ BE, it would be nice if your Civ V game could shape the starting lore and loadouts. Every city on my starting continent had a spaceship factory, I pretty much united most of the world and sorta nuked the parts that didn't matter before flying off into outer space.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I already don't even remember when Humble was humble, that was so long ago.

It was back when people felt guilty for not paying the absolute minimum for fistfuls of games.

Dr Dogg

I already don't even remember when Humble was humble, that was so long ago.

It was all sepia toned back then when we travelled to work by pony and cart, you could leave your doors open at night and children played freely in the streets. The air was fresh and the water was clean but then Sequoia Capital came along and voluminous smog filled the skies as far as the eye could see. First there came the THQ Bundle, then the Origin Bundle and with the dropping of EFF support from various bundles and fixed revenue share on the Humble Store humanity died a little but darker days lie ahead.

Miguel81

Ya, I liked Good Old Games more than gog, for sure.

edited: otoh, if they'll push for cheevos in old games with Galaxy, I might change my mind!

lol, most eventually succumb to the power of cheevos. I have, though my childhood games mean a bit more than that, but what the hell they're great as replay incentives.

Dr Dogg

So are we saying gee ooh gee or guohgh?

Metal Gear Soliv V store page hasn't been update for years, there's still no release date, old cover. Hope the game will be out on 15th September as Konami told before going into harakiri mode.

Last DB update is 2 months ago, last store page info change is 9 months ago. Look at it this was it's still A Hideo Kojima Game on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Metal Gear Soliv V store page hasn't been update for years, there's still no release date, old cover. Hope the game will be out on 15th September as Konami told before going into harakiri mode.

It'll release and then Konami will try to empty the subs because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom